Sign in to follow this  
snowball

Do you take health supplements?

I think everyone needs health supplements to a certain extent as we can't get as much nutrients from our food the way our ancestors did because (1) we're eating more refined and processed stuff now, which are sometimes laden with preservatives too (2) the soils are also depleted of essentials nutrients and minerals due to commercial farming

I take cod liver oil, Vit E and EPO though not on a daily basis but i find that i hvnt had a cold in more than 2 years since i've started taking supplements and became more health conscious...though i must admit, i did not see any changes physically. I am suffering from weak liver which is slow in de-toxing so now i'm also takng Vit c and a supplement called MSM ( organic sulfur, which is largely needed by liver for detoxing ) and the effects are great : my nails grow like crazy, my pimples heal within a few days whereas they used to take weeks, and scars clear up real fast too ).

Some ppl think it's a waste of money to take supplements but i think taken in moderation ( as per the guidelines given by the manufacturer ) it should be ok and beneficial to health.

i would like to start to take vitamin, but anyone can recomend which brand is reliable one?

for example:Kordels, Blackmores,Amwy..etc...

Amway is quiet good...so far been taking their nutrilite daily, plus their protein drink

I used to take EPO 1000mg 3 times a day to stop my PMS. But i find that my skin is oilier than before. Finally my sister told me that EPO cannot take too much else it will excrete throught our skin causing it oilier. For young age like us, 500mg to 1000mg of EPO a day is enough. Now i understand why EPO is so good for matured wrinkle skin.

Now i maintain my health with 3000mg Vitamin C a day and a glass of red wine every night before i sleep.

Hi I think taking vits in moderations is fine but never 'overdose' as it'll cos ur liver to over work n it'll swell eventually :shocking: my boss experience that .....I'm a designer n hv clients who manufacture vits so I know n hv to read instruction carefully as they like to use words like 'enhance' or 'help'....cos all vits r not medicine it can't cure sickness only supply nutrions

i've been reading and been advised by doctors that taking vitamin c doesn't prevent colds. even on cnn health it is states as such. agree?

just bought kordel's EPO 1000mg, grape seed, and skin clear. all recommended by the guardian pharmacist as im seeking a solution for my acne-prone skin.. as explained by the pharmacist, 'skin clear' is for reduce the oilliness of our skin, and 'grape seed' is to heal and faded out the scars on our skin. both are for 2week supplement. she said mostly ppl saw some result after one treatment(2weeks supplmt) hopefully it works on me too! :rolleyes:

and, EPO is to balance/normalize my hormance system so that it wont cause any breakout due to hormonise factor..

start taking it yesterday, 3candies of skin clear, 2of grape sed, and 1 EPo per day, this advised by the phramacist too.. not dare to take without any firm recommd by a proffession.. :P

i bought teo bottles of 350capsules EPO 1000mg and get a small rice cooker, and save rm70 too. wat a great deal!

cant wait to c the result after two weeks.. haha 0=0

i just take vit E from cosway with out knowing what is the purpose coz my mom bought for me every month. hehehe.. prevly during hi school, i took vit C and memorax (konon2 nak bagi pandai lah).. actuallyi dont take it consistently coz always forget.. hehehhe.. luckily got my herbalife shake (already provide me vits / nutrients)

Im taking Upha EPO 1000mg, my skin is better and mt hair and nail struture is better. the most important thing is my PMS is getting better... :wub:

and i taking grape seed too. hope my acne scar can heal faster!! :thumbup1:

Im taking Upha EPO 1000mg, my skin is better and mt hair and nail struture is better. the most important thing is my PMS is getting better... :wub:

and i taking grape seed too. hope my acne scar can heal faster!! :thumbup1:

i am taking EPO 1000mg also but how come don't have the good good result like urs???maybe take wrong brand...but i tot all is kind of similar... :unsure:

spooky, i've taken it for about 8 years, never stop b4. I think u have to constantly comsume it. mayb b4 taking EPO, my hair and nail struture very bad, so after taking it, i got to see the effectiveness. :wink3:

:shocking: 8 years....no wonder me din see any diff....cause i only started 3 months ago...guess need more time...

Can i know wat brand of EPO is good? I'm actually taking Blackmore EPO 1000g, bought it bcoz it's really cheap during the sale period but end up din take it bcoz the tablet is too big and i have difficulty in swallowing it. I heard about efamol but it's quite exp! Is the tablet as big as blackmore's one?

i take Sandoz C-Ca for obviously, vit c n calcium. cuz i feel so bloated n fat after drinking milk.. n i dun like the aftertaste of milk.. it's just soo yuck..

n BioZinc from blackmores for skin, nail n hair.. n yep, i see improvements in my skin, nails n hair in about a month. actually biozinc is more for men's reproductive health. but my bf has been using it for years n he has such flawless skin, shiny nails n healthy hair. n i tried, n i got the same results.

vit E n EPO gives me breakouts..

i'm thinking of sumthing to boost my energy.. prolly those prune or chicken essence..

or do u babes have better suggestions? :D

Vitamin C and Crowning Glory tablets for the hair :) Vitamin E breaks me out too for some strange reason.

Vitamin C and Crowning Glory tablets for the hair :) Vitamin E breaks me out too for some strange reason.

babes ur hair does look superb.. maybe i'l try that too :thumbup1:

Im taking..

1. Kordel's Ester C 1000mg

2. Bio-life Primrose Oil 1000mg

3. Multi-Vitamin + Zinc Capsules

Sorry.. can i know what is EPO?? ^_^ I never take any supplement before.. I wish to take something now coz worry next time i get old, my skin still look nice and smooth... Im 24 this year.. Please help!!

A Cancer Killer In The Kitchen

The powerful healing effects of ginger have been well documented. It's

a proven remedy for upset stomach. Reams of studies show that it

inhibits inflammation. And there is substantial evidence that it

fights cancer too.

For instance, a recent University of Michigan study showed that when

ginger was added to ovarian cancer cells in the laboratory, it caused

the cancer cells to self-destruct (a process known as "apoptosis"). In

a separate study at the University of Minnesota, researchers injected

colon cancer cells into mice that were bred to have no immune system.

Half of these mice

were routinely fed gingerol, the main active component in ginger. The

researchers found that the mice that were fed gingerol lived longer,

their tumors were smaller, and the cancer did not spread as widely as

in the control group.

With all these health benefits, you should be using ginger as often as

you can. The best way I've found to get a healthy serving of ginger is

to juice it. (The brand of juicer I use is an Omega.) Two or three

days a week, you can juice an apple or two, some carrots, spinach,

broccoli,

cabbage, and a big piece of ginger root. The ginger will give the

drink a great flavor and

a powerful anti-cancer kick. It's highly recommend !

Give it a try !

Sorry.. can i know what is EPO?? ^_^ I never take any supplement before.. I wish to take something now coz worry next time i get old, my skin still look nice and smooth... Im 24 this year.. Please help!!

EPO is evening primrose oil. It is taken for its gamma linolenic acid wohich is omega 6. Its function is regulate hormones secretion, better metabolism, better skin function, etc. You do not have to take EPO just for the omega 6. Besides EPO, you can take things like flaxseed, or other supplements which containcs Omega 3,6,9. Better to take Omega 3,6,9 because it will contain all the essential fatty acids that are needed for good health