Sign in to follow this  
snowball

Do you take health supplements?

I dont take health supplement until I met Herbalife.

Why I like about Herbalife's nutrition shake? With only a simple breakfast meal, it give me 55 nutrients - fibre, protein, essential fat, good carbohydrate, minerals, vitamins and herbs as a total solution for our healthy body and liftstyle. I treat it as an intellegent fast food of 21 century.

You might need a lot of supplements to get what your body needs, but with Herbalife balance nutrition shake, you have all nutritions. So simple and practical. You and I are busy with work and life, You and I might facing a lot of stress and You and I might have emotional challenges. With the shake, miracle did happen. Its too good to be true, right!! MAY BE , MAY BE NOT.

I think everyone needs health supplements to a certain extent as we can't get as much nutrients from our food the way our ancestors did because (1) we're eating more refined and processed stuff now, which are sometimes laden with preservatives too (2) the soils are also depleted of essentials nutrients and minerals due to commercial farming

I take cod liver oil, Vit E and EPO though not on a daily basis but i find that i hvnt had a cold in more than 2 years since i've started taking supplements and became more health conscious...though i must admit, i did not see any changes physically. I am suffering from weak liver which is slow in de-toxing so now i'm also takng Vit c and a supplement called MSM ( organic sulfur, which is largely needed by liver for detoxing ) and the effects are great : my nails grow like crazy, my pimples heal within a few days whereas they used to take weeks, and scars clear up real fast too ).

Some ppl think it's a waste of money to take supplements but i think taken in moderation ( as per the guidelines given by the manufacturer ) it should be ok and beneficial to health.

what brand u buy for MSM???

Sometimes i think taking supplement is $$

I'm taking Blackmores Vitamin E 500iu

I'm thinking to take Calcium as well, need to consult doctor first

SPIRULINA! I started taking the cosway one two months ago (i think most other brands are equally good, just make sure the manufacturer's reputable & their source of spirulina is clean & unpolluted).

Seriously, I LOVE SPIRULINA! It's supposedly the most natural multi-vitamin.

I take 2000mg a day and you can really FEEL the difference!

Last time i find it very hard to get out of bed in the morning, always lazying around until im late, and always need to take afternoon naps. But with spirulina really very energised! My fren says its very good for constipation too.

She takes spirulina and chlorophyll drink almost everyday (otherwise she can only "go" like twice a week!)

I think this is like the only vitamin that i'll take consistently for the rest of my life. hehe

Of cos, always have to remind myself to take other stuff like EPO and fish oil :P

Oh! And definitely garlic pills when da flu is coming!

I'm taking vitamin C, EPO and collagen powder supplement... What to do, i'm getting old... So must take good care of our body and skin... :P

I used to take loads of them EPO (for my menstrual cramps) Vit C, Neem tablets, Omega Fish Oil and the Diamond XPC (Ok this was a weird one. It's actually an animal feed. OK, b4 u guys go :shocking::lol: . Pls google the Diamond XPC , u'll see what I mean :D ).

Anyway I've trim it down. Now only EPO and Neem Tablets (or sometimes directly from the plant) Vit C occsionally coz I make sure evryday at least I have a serving of apples or other fruits.

So there u go.

yeahyeaH...its cheap.. at first i really donno whether it works or not cause its cheap.... but then i sees the result... wow!! fantastic! loveit ever since! and cant live without EPO.. hahahahha!! tongue.gif

Wanna ask if 1000mg kordel EPO contains how many capsules in a bottle? It costs only RM30? Sorry a bit blur here. Wanna compare with what I recently purchased from Vitamin World also around RM33 for 120 capsules 1000mg. Pls advise. Thanks ya.

Hi babes, want to ask, did anyone of you heard of the long term consumption of EPO may lead to side effect? since it is a hormone balancing herb, i wonder if there is any effect to our hormone if it already in good balanced condition? like over correcting? haha :P

I'm asking this because i have stopped taking EPO for quite some time, but few days ago i got a big pimple resulted from half glass of red wine (over heaty i guess), i tried to take EPO and see if my pimple can healed faster, but seems like my skin condition getting worse, so i stopped it and just continue vit c and vit e. now it's much better...

Another question is, anyone taking 21st century supplement? is it good? it has a skin supplement called "marino", which is much cheaper than imedeen and estime, wondering if it's effective... :rolleyes:

Ive taken so many supplements before from Amway, E.Excel and all the pharmacy's brand.Nothing works for me.I dont know how it works for others,but I always had no luck with it.The last I took was EPO from Efamol brand to cure my severe all over dry skin.Within 2 weeks, my face got huge huge bumps all over.I stopped immediately and the bumps slowly gone.My derm told me that we cant simply eat any supplements,each individual's body system is tuned differently.I think its better to consult a physician or dietitian before investing into the right supplements.Just a piece of advice.One of my friend's aunty is a doctor and she said for those who r not married yet, its best not take supplements like Imeeden,Estime n stuff.She said this has long term effects on conceiving later.It is better to take these pillz after ur married or after u had kid..This is what she said based on her strings of patients who pops pills to achieve healthy skin and ended up getting their body system n skin ruined...

Hi babes, want to ask, did anyone of you heard of the long term consumption of EPO may lead to side effect? since it is a hormone balancing herb, i wonder if there is any effect to our hormone if it already in good balanced condition? like over correcting? haha :P

I'm asking this because i have stopped taking EPO for quite some time, but few days ago i got a big pimple resulted from half glass of red wine (over heaty i guess), i tried to take EPO and see if my pimple can healed faster, but seems like my skin condition getting worse, so i stopped it and just continue vit c and vit e. now it's much better...

Another question is, anyone taking 21st century supplement? is it good? it has a skin supplement called "marino", which is much cheaper than imedeen and estime, wondering if it's effective... :rolleyes:

I heard people said that taking too much EPO will cause more pimples to appear. Not sure how true is it though

I heard people said that taking too much EPO will cause more pimples to appear. Not sure how true is it though

since it is partly to supplement the "healthy oil" back to our body, maybe it depends on how oily/dry your face is to begin with? :unsure:

cos i have a friend with extremely dry peeling skin (her face and all over her body!), after taking EPO, her skin condition has really really improved.

and my friend's lil cousin who has eczema since young, her mom gave her 2000mg of EPO for a few months when she was just 5years old! after the skin is better dy, now shes taking 1000mg daily, and i see her skin is really nice ohh..

but i oso dont dare to take too much myself cos i have combination-oily skin, so i just take 1000mg-1500mg a day, and i dont have any break out problems or excessive oiliness..

i guess you must really tailor it to your body conditions lah.. if your face becomes oily, then take less, if still oily, then maybe dont take at all? :unsure: its really according to individual needs.. but as far as i know, there isnt any longterm side-effect from taking EPO.. after all, they are made from natural ingredients.. but i was told that the cold-pressed, non-raffeinated is better because of how they process it..

EPO is for menstrual ....cos when menstrual come regulary and tat will make ur skin condition better..cos epo will reduce the heatyness in the blood...something like that...but is good that girls take epo....tats wat my consultant say to me

EPO is very effective for balancing hormone...

after hormone balanced,ur skin will feel better..

plus it contains omega 6 which is essential fatty acid for our body..

salmon oil or any other fish oil is different from EPO,

fish oil is omega 3...

btw EPO oso very good for menopause and pre-menstrual symptom.

actually 1 day 1000mg is enuf for daily use,but u can take high dosage oso but cannot for a long time..

da brand i take is GNC la..

is a US product,u can find at malaysia....

they gt many outlet de...

i buy at metro prima kepong la....coz their staff all chinese...easy 2 talk...

price ah...RM 211.90 be4 discaunt la..

member gt 20 % discaunt de....

Hey,ladies.I want to to ask what supplements should I eat for my mestruation cycle.If I am not mistaken,I didn't have my period since November. My mom said it is not a problem for this age.She said this might be the inheritance. I was thinking to go for doctor but I am so "malu"...

Hey,ladies.I want to to ask what supplements should I eat for my mestruation cycle.If I am not mistaken,I didn't have my period since November. My mom said it is not a problem for this age.She said this might be the inheritance. I was thinking to go for doctor but I am so "malu"...

You don't have period since November??? You should go to see a doctor and trust me, there is nothing to be shy about. I would freaked out even if my period is delayed for a month only. I think it is a problem for a 17 year old. It might not matter much for 13 or 14 years old girl because their hormone are still imbalance. But well, I am not a doctor or pharmacist and my advice might be wrong. The best is still get it checked by doctors.

i think you should go to see a doctor immediately. i had the same problem as you during my teenage years. didn't get my period for like 5 months. then my mum took me to see a doc. gave me an injection and was told that my period should come within 3 days. and sure enuf, it came on the 3rd day. nothing to be shy about.. it's your health that matters. :)

Hm.. have you guys heard of USANA? It's ranked as one of the best ( along with nutritional supplements from Douglas Labotories and Truestar Health) in The Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements, a book written by Lyle MacWilliam. He’s a contributory writer for Life Extension Foundation, a non profit agency dedicated to the scientific exploration of preventive health and longevity. On top of that, all of Usana’s products are pharmaceutical grade and are recorded down in MIMS – Malaysia Index of Medical Specialities, Official Drug Reference of the Malaysian Medical Association. Doctors and pharmacists can dispense the products as nutritional supplements. I've been taking it just only and it really helped a lot. Used to have constipation.. but now.. no more. Hehehe.. =) I believe fully in health supplements even though I'm studying medicine. Most doctors don't believe in it but it's really important these days. So ppl, do take your health supplements! 

I take Folic Acid, Liver guard (Dandelion & Silymarin extracts), Dermareen, GLOW & Vitamin C daily.

I take vitamin C (1000mg) everyday as I heard that vitamin C is essential for skin renewal or repair. And my skin really looks better after i take it everyday since last month (dunno whether it's psychological factor :P )...

Hey ho everyone! The best EPO would be brand Vitahealth. It's called Primolin Gold. The EPO mg from this brand is way much higher than any other brands which is 1300mg!!! Not only that, it also mix with 10mg of vitamin E as well where as Vitamin E is good for skin.. It only cost rm100++ and its worth it as it a bottle contains 150 vegicaps soft capsules.. been having it everyday for 2 months now and its not finish yet.. good for money, great supplement investment!

51188-1_sm.gif <---- it look like this! Hehe i just googled that..

i eat vitamins everyday..

recently, i have been consuming EPO for less than a month. and my period finally came back!!! (my last period was few years ago, and i am just 20. )

EPO helps my hormone a lot a lot a lot. it makes me feel like i am a real woman. :)