Sign in to follow this  
dewdrops

~HONG KONG~

Anyone been to hong kong recently (or in the past)? I didn't want to leave! It's a place worth visiting if you adore eating, shopping, fashion, skyscrapers, fast pace, constant change and nightlife.

And what makes it even better is that hk's now part of china. So while in hk, you could make a day trip over to china (well, it's still pretty much two countries in some sense). And in china, they say that you'd never see the whole of china even if you started roaming since the day you were born. The china people said this (LoL - cute huh, I mean the way they say things) However, it seems that visiting hk a few years back wasn't quite like what it is now. Anybody wanna share?

China is a whole other story babes - amazing country on it's own.

Hmm... just so that this thread doesn't go to waste, here's some info.

If you visited hk before the SARS outbreak, you'd find that people there weren't really nice. Hkies are known to be proud people and with their strong, booming economy, they just didn't need our money. Tourism wasn't very important to them. So if you tried your luck at over-bargaining at their night markets, you'd be yelled at (to your surprise). And you'd find that you'd have to flag the rude waitresses with everything you've got clap.gif just to get served at restaurants. However, once you've finished eating, you'd be served your bill without being asked (their way of saying 'get lost' I'd guess) And even if you weren't pushed out the door by the waitresses, you'd find a small little crowed of waiting diners at your back, staring down at your empty table pinch.gif. Hk wasn't a really clean place either and there were tons of beggars everywhere.

Here's a short story:

When my friends were there, they gave a little money to a beggar carrying a baby and eating from a rubbish bin. To their horror 10 others begging (who'd noticed their generousity) on the same street, started following them zombi-like (with outstretched arms) LOL! And so they walked in zig-zags and found the pursuing beggars trailed them in exactly the same way. The next day, while they peeped out through the hotel lobby window (to make sure the coast was clear), they saw the very same lady beggar they'd given money to, the day before, doing the exact same thing and eating from the same bin!

Travellers' Note: Do not give beggars in hk and china money. They have a beggars association and it's a rich one too.

So as you might've guess, the new hk isn't like that anymore. It's almost the opposite. And the number of policemen patrolling the streets stressed me a little. Their coppers aren't like ours of course. I even saw one picking up rubbish strewn onto the pavement. You'd be fined, on the spot, for throwing rubbish and spitting. If you don't pay, you'd find yourself following them back bebeh =p.

i went hong kong last year before christmas but was for a christmas holiday trip plus my college holiday break...all in one..weeeeee

was so nice....

i just wanna go back there again someday...

anyone wanna come along???? wave.gif

yah me...i went to HK almost twince a year last time....cuz my relatives r there. but since most of them ve migrated to canada n m'sia so i seldom went there already...

i like their summer...cuz i can buy lots of nice n cheap clothes..

i like their winter is becuz its cool there...n their christmas countdown is very happening..like those lighting...u can c it everywhere...

i like to eat those dessert in HK....especially de one name 'hui lou sa'...omg..its so so so yummy...especially thier mango puddin...n i luv pineapple bread there...so yummy....

i like to shop in their 'lady streer' can get all those tiny cute things....n actually i really enjoy going to their toy shop...so nice..althought inside r pack...but u happy when u saw de shop all fulled with toys!!!!

yea yea...'lady street' is 'lui yan kai'

everywhere also clothes,accesories and stuff...weeeeee

nice nice....if we go there again arr, i think we will bring home extra weight(eat and things we bought)

i never been to HK...so wish i can go..!!! sadangel.gif

i wanna grab many many stuff back to M'sia... tongue.gif

then thbeng u can save money n go HK with frens ma..now very cheap only...

very cheap o...

let's save some money to go HK and grab 'all u want'

my first time there...at first i had to choose between my prom and HK...

aih, HK was a place where i ever dream of going since when i was younger...

even so as for prom..

too bad i go with HK and not prom..sob sob

i even bought my prom dress and ticket..ahh, as souvenir of the year ne la...

at least i had a great time in HK for few days than in prom for one night..

well, my friends complained prom was bored like hell..kekekeee

weeeeeeee....so bad oohhh

I was sent to work in HK for a full month in september 2002. Work 7 days a week, 9am to 10pm. in the last week got 2 days didn't sleep, take bath, brush teeth.. Very Jia lat

I think hong kong is Nice place to visit.But not a nice place to live there. People there are so competitive and desperate to survive. But If you know the ppl personally, then can be not bad lar. I have a good guy friend there.

But on the streets or shops can be quite loud and rude. I was eating in a noodle shop in mongkok area afternoon for lunch. An old lady , she took abit long time to decide what to eat. Was scholded very loud by the middle age shop owner. Everyone like paused and took a peek for a while.

In Miu kai also.. i have seen 2 guys quarelling .. the stall seller accusing the guy of stealing.. like wanna do gang fight already.

But shopping is good here. I can get my Gundam and Car models, paint/ thinner 1/2 for 1/2 the Malaysian price. GOt 1 building so cute. all 4 floors have only mashimaro,hello kitty, keroppi and other cute cute stuff. nothing else. Really Cuci mata Heaven ph34r.gif

My m'sian friend had a funny incident there. it was 7.30am in the morning. We just collected our laundry from the shop.Then as we were crossing the road.. my friend got stopped by some guy who looks like from the China Red Army. Green Uniform.

So funny.. he was holding the laundy bag, and was accused of crossing the street, when the light was already red. He said that many other ppl there also did the same. But the officer say that since he was the one in front and the 1st to do it, he was stopped.

Tim sum is 1st class, malaysian best also hard to beat them lar.

Come and share your Hong Kong trip experience !! Share wat's yr fav food, shopping spots or hotels..... B)

IPB Image

Edited by LAETITIA

HA....

I nvr been there, any place n nice food da i mus go for ??

Planning to go there nex year happy.gif

aiks.... ive been there so many time... until so boring... everything they have there they have it here also ler..; but got to try the kfc they have chicken wing there nice.. other than that... other hong kong food kindda suck ler.. curry fishball also nice....

dontgetit.gif reli ??

I heard a lot of ppl said "san zhen" sale a lot of cheap cloths wor..

Is da true ????????

Err... Hong Kong food sucks??? THat's the first time I heard that..

I dunno, I think the char siew, the siew ngor, the dim sum, beef noodles.. all also darn nice!

But.. nothing much in Hong Kong la. It's just like Singapore. Nothing special at all..

Cheap clothes? U can try Lui Yan Kai (Women's Street)

frankly, i dun think that everything that HK has and KL has it too. and the food here sucks ?? i dun think so either. if you noe the way and wat to eat...you'll find lotsa good food and bargains.

cheap clothings & shoes, suggest you to go to Fa Yuen Street (a few blocks away frm Ladies Market) or Espirt outlet in Tsim Sha Tsui.

Shenzhen is famous for fakes goods. Any brand you name it. You can find it all in "Lowu Seng" (Lowu Plaza) right after immigration.

plan to go there nx yr .....to disney hong kong...so, where's the place that i must not miss? been there a few times, but most of the time joined tour...so, cant really remmeber where i have been....

yeah.. KL and hong kong is much different.

Oh.. I heard alot of bad reviews about Hong Kong Disney. Any input about that? Heard it over the radio, this.. err... some chinese singers.. Cyndi Wang, ENERGY, few more.. complaining bout it.

yeah.. KL and hong kong is much different.

Oh.. I heard alot of bad reviews about Hong Kong Disney. Any input about that? Heard it over the radio, this.. err... some chinese singers.. Cyndi Wang, ENERGY, few more.. complaining bout it.

Hmmm, I can only say that humans are not easy to satisfy. Everyone has their own preference. Besides, nothing is perfect at the beginning. I trust Disney HK will do even better after receiving all the negatives feedbacks from the public.

me been to hong kong twice..da 1st time was when i was 12 means 1996 lo 4 christmas..then da 2nd time was in 2000 when i in form 4...i love everything bout hong kong..so nice..da food n shopping so nice...eveyrthing is lovely there..how i wish me can stay there

me wanna go there but no kaki..mayb go there after my exam next yr..heheh..lae,mayb need u 2 b our tour guide biggrin.gif

kylie u go buat ur passport 1st la..me also wan go wei..yalo lae have to b our tour guide d..wuahaha turned.gif

kylie we go together la...

HongKong?? I love the girls there

has anyone tried this 'i dono wat its called'.. its like a round ball and cover wif black source and wasabi, comes in a box of 8 balls i think.. ppl usually sell it at the side of da street in hk.. its very nice smile.gif and the milk tea wif breakfast is nice too.. oh yeh, there is one ramen shop somewhere in hk which is very nice thumbup.gif the bubble tea there also nice haha..