Sign in to follow this  
fred

Modeling knowledge base

hey!i jz discover this topic! :wub: im interested in modelling too! but then still need some 'lubang' to get thru it rite>? ^_^ i got a fren who is a model but then she was very bz nowadays no time for meet up. So, which 'lubang' i should go for?through MYB?im not tall, i jz 163cm with average size.Therefore, im more into like promo jobs, booth hostess, umbrella girls, ushering, hair shows etc as mentioned by digicrox...shows that my height can fit in!hehe~ any suggestions?where to register and contact? *thanks aloads*

hye..im actually quite interested in modelling too...but dun think im the potential one lar..sad sad...hmm do inform me if there's there's anyone looking for contestants.,,,hehe...wana try out oso..

i'm 17 years old, high 177cm, 60kg.....is there a chance that i can become a model?

If I'm not mistaken, the height requirement for male models is at least 180cm. But that's only if I'm not mistaken :) However, 60kg is on the skinny side, though.

Go give it a try if you really want :)

Heya...

Kinda new here... Just wondering if there's such thing as "upper body" modelling only... tee hee... see, I don't have the height (only about 5" 1) nor do I have the body.

I suppose I am of average looks, but would like to try it out sometime. :)

angelceres, you can always try castings for commercials. Height is not an issue for those. ;)

agreed. ^^ i'm short too. also 5ft 1inc. but i recently got selected for a calendar model shoot. not all print ads need tall models. as long as they see a criteria they want in u. that's all that matters. good luck girl!

Thanks, jenai. Woah... calendar model shoot. :D The closest to that was when someone took a picture of me (without my knowledge) while I was coloring something in primary school.. lol!

I'm not sure how to start though. Though I know I need to first get a professional picture taken. :P

Thanks, jenai. Woah... calendar model shoot. :D The closest to that was when someone took a picture of me (without my knowledge) while I was coloring something in primary school.. lol!

I'm not sure how to start though. Though I know I need to first get a professional picture taken. :P

no worries. ^^ :P

question,being 5'4" i cant be a runway model right?

and another one,must my portfolio be taken by a professional?considering i am only 16, i dont have that kind of money and my parents wouldnt approve of random people taking my pictures and payin money.

At 5'4," you won't be able to become a runway model but there are exceptions for instance if you know the organizer or the person in charge of selecting the girls then he/she might pick you because you're a friend. But otherwise for the most part 5'4" would not get you any runway jobs.

As for photos, in Malaysia it seems that the industry requires or rather prefers that you have studio pics whereas here in the US just simple polaroid shots would do if you do not have pics done professionally. What are you interested in, if I may ask? To become a talent or commercial model? The pictures are worth investing on as they're the tool that secures jobs for you. I spent RM100 for my very first set of pics, btw. It was a good investment as the job I got was for RM 150 per day. :wink3:

...must my portfolio be taken by a professional? considering i am only 16, i dont have that kind of money and my parents wouldnt approve of random people taking my pictures and payin money.

the reply to your question can be found here:

http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/index....showtopic=12284

if you want some decent photos taken at no cost (except your time), there are options available here in MYB

I'm vry interested in modeling. That's my dream n passion but too bad I have height & look issue

But to me, sometime a-not-so-pretty face can be seen as an art

don know will it come true anot

everyday I pray I'll be spotted

*blush* shame lar don have what it takes but wan to b one*sigh*

Hi, i'm new here as well..

just started to discover this MYB..tee hee,

i'm 168cm tall, and 50Kg weight...

body still ok with 34C,25,35.5

i quite interested in this field

and being spot by modeling agencies..but

unfortunately they are kinda scammers...which really makes me feel less confident to those agencies...

but pls, i still wanna know how to get started...

as i wanna become a model since i was a kid,

always wanna be on the stage...

tell me the solutions...

pls pm...thank u

sorry girls... have been neglecting this part of the forum for quite some time...

nickster would've been in a better position to help you somewhat, but he's no longer in the field as of August 07.

I would invite you to send in your profile to me... as well as any agencies you think fit... don't wait to be discovered, market yourself!!! ;) submit your profile/portfolio and you might be surprised sometimes where it could lead you!

lover ... i've the few replies you posted in MYB, and I'm sure you've seen my invitation to submit profile... i'm still waiting :)

CiiMouMou... come come... submit your profile and let's see whether you have what it takes ;)

LuvMary... joining MYB Icon Search is a start :D i'm also waiting for you to submit your profile

profile form can be downloaded here: http://www.LK3-Events.com

email completed form to wkhai @ LK3-Events.com

* pls attach photos to the email... DO NOT paste in the word document, thanks

Edited by cheekyboy

If with braces leh?I'm 16 ,5"6,48kg. not enough tall huh?

5'6 is tall enough by Malaysian standards... although braces could be a disadvantage...

So, how can I be a freelance model if I want to? I mean how do I get started? Im 20, 1.66m, 52kg, slim, slender.

to get started...

write up your profile - basic info like your name, your date of birth (prefer DOB than age... age changes over time, and we need to update every year), your location, your height/weight/vital stats (vital stats means your chest, waist and hips measurements), your clothing sizes/shoe size, hair length and color, and most importantly your contact number and your email address. things we don't need to know (which i receive a lot) are your marital status (we don't care if you're married), your education level (we don't care about that either), your zodiac sign (what has that got to do with modeling??) ...

take some basic photos - 1x portrait photo, 1x half body photo, 1x full length body photo

photos should be clean and clear

clean - clean background... plain wall will do fine, otherwise, make sure there's nothing in the background. meaning don't let us see your bedroom, your dog, your computer table, your bathroom, you car, your parents, your friends etc in the background. we're only interested to see you in the photo

clear - don't send photos that are too dark, too grainy, too small, too blur. also, your face should be seen clearly. if you're not sure, passport style photos will do fine. at least better than photos where we can't see your face at all.

studio photos is not a must, but that doesn't mean you should be sloppy with the photos your submit. please take proper pictures - light makeup, properly dressed. if face oily, clean it. if got pimples cover it with concealer. put some effort into making yourself look presentable... the photos is your ticket to getting a call-back/interview/casting call... if you don't bother looking presentable, it reflects poorly on you, and you're unlikely to get anybody to call you for jobs. If you've no idea whatsoever what to wear or how to dress, then pretend that you're going for a job interview and dress accordingly. This is the bare minimum and at the very least that you can do.

send your profile and photos to as many legitimate talent agencies /model agencies / casting houses as you can...

if you want, you can send your profile to me.

profile form can be downloaded here: http://www.LK3-Events.com

email completed form to wkhai @ LK3-Events.com

* pls attach photos to the email... DO NOT paste in the word document

good luck!

I'm really interested in becoming a Model..
but on the other hand , i can't let go my study life yet...

i'm 176cm with 56kg. 34 , 27, 35 ....very interested in runway.. but i have big thigh.. i'm training on it !
i wish i could be spotted by agency sometime... but no...
well , i'm living in Penang. thats the hard part for finding a modelling agency. sad.gif

i was wondering could i get into kl agency , and wait for a job in Penang. lol....

i'm planning to send my pictures to modelling agency in KL. but i don't know which one to go with...
i dun have a portfolio , mostly are self taken....

advise anyone ?