Sign in to follow this  
dean1789

trip to phuket, krabi thailand

hi,,i'm planning to go to phuket or krabi for holiday wif my partner on mac 2012 during school holiday,,,any1 who been there can advise me,,which hotel n best place to visit/,
and if any1 wanna join the trip also it'll be more fun...

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=2][b]OFFICIAL STATEMENTS[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=2][url="http://www.thailandtourismupdate.com/OfficialStatementInfo/47/610/Situation-Update-Flooding-in-Thailand"]Situation Update: Flooding in Thailand[/url][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial][size=2]TAT News
As of November 5, 2011
02:00 PM

Most areas of central Bangkok where tourists normally go are not flooded at this time. The Chao Phraya River, which runs through Bangkok, is at a higher-than-normal level. This is causing some flooding at tourist attractions that are close to the river.

Areas flooded in Bangkok Metropolitan Area includes suburbs in the east and west, the west bank of the Chao Phraya River, and districts in the northern part of the city.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=2][b]OFFICIAL STATEMENTS[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=2][url="http://www.thailandtourismupdate.com/OfficialStatementInfo/47/610/Situation-Update-Flooding-in-Thailand"]Situation Update: Flooding in Thailand[/url][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial][size=2]TAT News
As of November 5, 2011

Most areas of central Bangkok where tourists normally go are not flooded at this time. The Chao Phraya River, which runs through Bangkok, is at a higher-than-normal level. This is causing some flooding at tourist attractions that are close to the river.

Areas flooded in Bangkok Metropolitan Area includes suburbs in the east and west, the west bank of the Chao Phraya River, and districts in the northern part of the city.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='marwanee' timestamp='1320683849' post='601749']
[color="#292929"][font="Arial"][size="2"][b]OFFICIAL STATEMENTS[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color="#292929"][font="Arial"][size="2"][url="http://www.thailandtourismupdate.com/OfficialStatementInfo/47/610/Situation-Update-Flooding-in-Thailand"]Situation Update: Flooding in Thailand[/url][/size][/font][/color]

[color="#555555"][font="Arial"][size="2"]TAT News
As of November 5, 2011

[/quote]

That is in Bangkok, it does not affect Phuket or Krabi at all which is waaaay South.

[quote name='dean1789' timestamp='1320515570' post='601612']
hi,,i'm planning to go to phuket or krabi for holiday wif my partner on mac 2012 during school holiday,,,any1 who been there can advise me,,which hotel n best place to visit/,
and if any1 wanna join the trip also it'll be more fun...
[/quote]

So do you want to go both to Krabi and Phuket or 1 each only? As keep in mind that both places are a distance apart, although next to each other. Phuket is the more famous 1.

When booking packages: (I assume you're flying from KL)

For Phuket, normally most travel agencies have tours that include the air-ticket as well. Therefore I advice you not to book the Air Asia first. Now the current trend for TAs is to use "transit flight" which means the flight is not from KL. In this case, they normally use Qatar Airways which comes from Doha, Qatar and picks up pax from KL before proceeding to Phuket, as these flights are the cheapest (as you are "along their route") and not many people outside the TA industry know they fly to Phuket (normally what comes to mind is the usual MAS, Air Asia or THAI).

Packages are normall 3D2N or 4D3N, do you prefer Free & Easy (no itinerary except hotel and transfers) or Full board (full tour and itinerary, normally meals included).

For Krabi, being less known, only Air Asia flies directly there from KL currently, therefore most packages from travel agency are only ground only (air-ticket not included), and even that, it is very rare and very few compared to Phuket. Most packages unlike Phuket, are only Free and Easy available.

Free & Easy tours of course you can purchase optional tours which can be from the tour guide there.

Another option (which may not be available all the time) is to take a cruise which goes to both Phuket and Krabi, but that route normally only sails from Penang Port.

Do let me know if you want to travel.

-timothyngim-

Me too have a plan to go to phuket :)

Thanks for every one who share for nice places in Phuket...

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][b]THAI Offers Special “ Southern Thailand Flood Relief” Fares[/b][/size]

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) is implementing special reduced fares to Southern Thailand in case the main road to the south from Bangkok is flooded.

Mr. Piyasvati Amranand, President of THAI, said that in accordance with the request made by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and the Ministry of Transport to accommodate passengers traveling to the south of Thailand , THAI will offer “Southern Thailand Flood Relief” special fare tickets by 47-58% from regular ticket prices. This special fare is effective from 11 November 2011 to 10 December 2011.

THAI will operate flights from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Thailand ’s southern provinces with a total capacity of 5,039 seats per day and will add more flights and changing the aircrafts if needed for accommodating passengers and cargo services.

[/font] [/font][/color]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Bangkok-Surat Thani:[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]from regular fare of 4,290 baht, reduced to 1,820 baht[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Bangkok-Krabi[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]from regular fare of 4,490 baht, reduced to 1,920 baht[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Bangkok-Phuket[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]from regular fare of 4,675 baht, reduced to 2,015 baht[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Bangkok-Hat Yai:[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]from regular fare of 5,155 baht, reduced to 2,255 baht[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Bangkok-Samui[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]from regular fare of 6,360 baht, reduce to 2,930 baht[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2] [/size] [/font][color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2](The ticket fare includes fuel surcharge, but excludes airport tax)[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma][b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]For more information, please call the THAI Contact Center at Tel. 02-356-1111 or THAI’s ticketing office or www.thaiairways.com [/size][/font][/b][/font][/color]

[quote name='Sd My' timestamp='1320985945' post='602025']
Me too have a plan to go to phuket :)

Thanks for every one who share for nice places in Phuket...
[/quote]

Okays, have a nice trip :-)

You staying at where? Baumanburi Resort? The Phuket Fantasea is worth visiting. (Though I haven't been there myself)

If you are flying AK or FD there be aware of the check-in charges and long queues.

-timothyngim-

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=2][b]No provinces in the south were affected by the flood:[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[list][*]Chumphon[*]Phuket[*]Krabi[*]Ranong[*]Nakhon Si Thammarat[*]Songkhla (Hat Yai)[*]Narathiwat[*]Satun[*]Pattani[*]Surat Thani (Ko Samui)[*]Phang Nga[*]Trang[*]Phatthalung[*]Yala[/list]

[b][b][font=arial][size=3][b][color=#333333][font=Arial][size=2]RAIL:[/size][/font][/color]

[/b][/size][/font][/b][/b][b][b][font=arial][size=3][/size][/font][/b][/b][color=red][font=arial][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]• [/font]Train services to the North from Bangkok resumed 29 October 2011.[/font][/color][color=#292929][font=arial][size=2]
[/size][/font][/color][color=#0C0C0C][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
• The State Railway of Thailand cancelled all south-bound train services from Bangkok Friday 28th Oct 2011. SRT has arranged the bus from Hua Lamphong Station to Nakhon Pathom station and passenger can continue the train from there to Southern part.

• Train services to other parts of Thailand are operating as per normal.[/font][/color][b][color=#0C0C0C][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
[/size][/font][/color][font=arial][size=3]
[/size][/font][/b][color=#292929][font=arial]• Please call 1690 for more information.[/font][/color][color=#292929][font=arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=2]Manufacturers and distributors have re-established stable supply lines for consumer products. Local brands of bottled water and beer are available in most locations, as are imported brands of bottled water and beer.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=2]Highway 35, a major road to the south also known as Rama II Road, still remains open. If this route is closed due to flooding, the Transport Ministry has prepared alternate routes between Bangkok and provinces in southern Thailand. They will ensure continued access to destinations such as Hua Hin, Cha-Am and Chumphon, as well as places in the western area of the central provinces such as Kanchanaburi and Ratchaburi.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color]

[center][center][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Phuket Electronic Music and Dance festival on Karon beach 2012[/size][/font][/center][/center]
[center][center][b][u][size=5]PRESS RELEASE[/size][/u][/b][/center][/center]
[size=4]Followingthe trend of electronic music festivals around the world, the CreativeElectronic Music and Dance Festival began last year in Pattaya by theDepartment of Intellectual Properties, Ministry Of Commerce. With this year’sPhuket Electronic Music and Dance festival on Karon beach in conjunction withKaron beach New Year Countdown, is another exciting event to attend tocelebrate New Year 2012.[/size]

[size=4]Thisis an effort by the Tourism Authority of Thailand to rebuild touristsconfidence and image of Thai tourism through music. This event is stronglysupport by the Tourism Authority of Thailand in its massive online network.[/size]

[size=4]TheGoal of Phuket Electronic Music and Dance Festival 2011 and Creative IP DJ Hunt2011 Southern Region is to promote electronic music in Thailand, encouragetalented young Thai electronic artists and modernize the electronic musicindustry in Thailand. Winners of IP DJ hunt contest will win 20,000 baht,10,000 Baht and 5,000 Baht for top 3 winners with prizes from Pioneer DJ.[/size]

[size=4]The2 day festival will showcase an exciting line up of more than 30 DJs from bothThailand and International. Top Thai DJs are J Monton and Dom Parkorn Lam, MarkBrain, Slick and Domination, winner of the Best Video DJ of the World contestin Dubai 2011. This is also the first time, that more than 10 top clubs inPhuket participate in the festival.[/size]

[size=4]TheCreative IP DJ Hunt will take place on Karon Beach starting 1500 hours on the30[sup]th[/sup] of December with Award and Opening ceremony at around 2200hours. Join the New Year 2012 Countdown ceremony on Karon Beach starting 2330hours.[/size]

[size=4]Fashion TV, the world’s number One fashion and lifestyle channel, also a co-organizer of the event will feature this excitingevent through the channel to its audience around the world.[/size]

[color=blue]i've been to krabi, and it's boring. There's nothing to do there. There's jelly fish that will sting you too so becareful[/color]

hello guys! im planning to bring my parents to krabi on next weekend. just wanna ask u guys few questions ya, cause i never been there before

any budget hotel to recommend? erm, need to be clean and near to the city.

also, u guys prefer to bring along cash or credit card? cause i dont know which one should i bring. may i know which one is more convenient?

thankssss :)

Yeap..., Krabi is really nice and beautiful place. There, I spend around Rm1500++ including air ticket, accommodation, meals etc…My advise is that not to bring too much cash and used USD because it is accepted everywhere. If possible use credit card.   :pepsi:

yes agree!! DO NOT bring too much cash guys. it's really dangerous

i prefer credit card, and also with little cash.

there are a lot of benefits u can enjoy by using the credit card actually

collect points, insurance coverage and etc.

I wonder if anyone has heard about the new Stanchart Worldmiles credit card or not? IINM, Saw their ads on newspaper the other day…Very attractive meh, can get 1st flight for free! Awesome! :takepicture:

yeah! my bro just went to sign up for one on yday. he got 40k points and 15% on hotels and other land packages when he sign up

he said many ppl there yday. probably this is too worth! haha! we shall get one soon too! :P

oh ya, dont forget u can actually redeem ur points for flight ticket yeah!

more info: http://www.standardchartered.com.my/personal-banking/latest-promotions/credit-cards/world-miles/index.html?subChanCode=IME1