Sign in to follow this  
Daphsta

Modeling Agency Scams

Hello and Hi,

I'm quite new to this 'babes' forum but i keen to tell you on what TFS and Deballz.Com does.

I think both of these modelling agency or whatever they announce themselves as, are not FAKE or SCAM. The Word SCAM actually bring a lot of negative rather the good one. A word SCAM for a typical malaysians like what we have over here maybe similar like a non-existent companies or maybe like a 'SKIM CEPAT KAYA' or the simplest is like 'GORES DAN MENANG'. These are the real scam where customers don;t get anything at all. The word 'SCAM' for you to understand is

a. confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, esp. for making a quick profit; swindle.

b. to cheat or defraud with a scam.

Both of these companies they are not cheating you. What that i got feedback from TFS and what they do is they provide classes, and of course these classes incurred cost. That's why they charge you for a certain fees and as a compliment a makeup tool they provide. Like deballz.com, i know the name is strange, but if you ever heard on carrot film, orange and even popiah pictures, these companies they use the strange name also. They did well in the industry and so do deballz.com. I spoke to the deballz manager a long time ago and guess what?

They provide a platform to advertise new talents to the whole world. Deballz, actually is a modelling and talents hub. 'Hub' means where all these talents grouped and listing to make people notice. New talents, they don't have ability to advertise themselves. That's the reason why deballz.com exist.

Like TFS, Deballz operation incured some cost and they the reason why they charge you for a photoshoot fee, makeup fee (portfolio making) in order to list you. This is certainly not a scam! That's what I can see from the numbers of new talents keep appearing in deballz.com website.

On the matters where any commercial job or not; ok let me go straight to this matter. They are lot of fields if you want to talk about talents and modelling; not only to runway (catwalk). This include acting, singing, print ads, tv-commercial and whatever you name it. All of these fields require a certain criteria to adapt. Like runway, talents like 'Amalina' is not suitable at all. She doesn't have enough height (base on what I see in your portfolio at deballz.com). Maybe 'Amalina' suitable for TV-Commercial or print ads but Amalina did a good step, where she advertise themself at deballz.com a proper talents and modelling platform compairing to myspace, friendster and etc.

So, base on my observation, I think both TFS and DEBALLZ.COM, they did a good job in advertising and education a new talents to the commercial world.

Cheers.

But the rule of thumb is never pay upfront to an agency for modeling. In the US, there are a lot of crackdowns on agencies like these. Even if it is buying cosmetics, it is still upfront money. An agency is supposed to make use of your talent to hunt for jobs. Not extorting money from you for their own benefit. You just need to understand that concept.

Of course TFS has to have a couple of jobs to make them "seem" legitimate. However in Malaysia , there are no good guidelines on modeling agency. So scams are rampant and most people do not report because they think the make up is actually worth RM400.

That is why this thread was started to create such an awareness among girls who has yet to encounter such an agency.

Hello and Hi,

I'm quite new to this 'babes' forum but i keen to tell you on what TFS and Deballz.Com does.

I think both of these modelling agency or whatever they announce themselves as, are not FAKE or SCAM. The Word SCAM actually bring a lot of negative rather the good one. A word SCAM for a typical malaysians like what we have over here maybe similar like a non-existent companies or maybe like a 'SKIM CEPAT KAYA' or the simplest is like 'GORES DAN MENANG'. These are the real scam where customers don;t get anything at all. The word 'SCAM' for you to understand is

a. confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, esp. for making a quick profit; swindle.

b. to cheat or defraud with a scam.

Both of these companies they are not cheating you. What that i got feedback from TFS and what they do is they provide classes, and of course these classes incurred cost. That's why they charge you for a certain fees and as a compliment a makeup tool they provide. Like deballz.com, i know the name is strange, but if you ever heard on carrot film, orange and even popiah pictures, these companies they use the strange name also. They did well in the industry and so do deballz.com. I spoke to the deballz manager a long time ago and guess what?

They provide a platform to advertise new talents to the whole world. Deballz, actually is a modelling and talents hub. 'Hub' means where all these talents grouped and listing to make people notice. New talents, they don't have ability to advertise themselves. That's the reason why deballz.com exist.

Like TFS, Deballz operation incured some cost and they the reason why they charge you for a photoshoot fee, makeup fee (portfolio making) in order to list you. This is certainly not a scam! That's what I can see from the numbers of new talents keep appearing in deballz.com website.

On the matters where any commercial job or not; ok let me go straight to this matter. They are lot of fields if you want to talk about talents and modelling; not only to runway (catwalk). This include acting, singing, print ads, tv-commercial and whatever you name it. All of these fields require a certain criteria to adapt. Like runway, talents like 'Amalina' is not suitable at all. She doesn't have enough height (base on what I see in your portfolio at deballz.com). Maybe 'Amalina' suitable for TV-Commercial or print ads but Amalina did a good step, where she advertise themself at deballz.com a proper talents and modelling platform compairing to myspace, friendster and etc.

So, base on my observation, I think both TFS and DEBALLZ.COM, they did a good job in advertising and education a new talents to the commercial world.

Cheers.

thank you for your observation and input...

let me get straight to the point...

as you've observed, the introduced new talents to the commercial world. fair enough if that's what they do. Then they should call themselves talent agencies NOT modeling agencies!

actors are not models. singers are not models. print ads and tv-commercial talents are not strictly models. They all come under the categories called artistes or talents.

i do provide talents and 'models' for what you've mentioned... but if i were to claim that i'm a model agent as opposed to talent agent... many people will be mistaken that i can provide modeling / runway jobs (which i may have from time to time)... but that's not what i do, and i'll be swindling new talents into believing that they can actually get modeling jobs from me.

i can just as easily hire professional makeup artists and professional photographers and conduct classes, do makeovers, sell over-priced cosmetics, and provide photoshoots and create online portfolios etc and create a models/talents hub ... but i still cannot claim to be a modeling agency... until and unless i receive modeling assignments from clients on a consistent basis, and i am able to provide such assignments on a regular basis.

so far feedback has been that majority paid upfront fees for products and services but have never gotten a modeling assignment from these agencies.

Let me tell you what TFS and DEBALLZ do... they make a quick buck from 90% of the new talents by not providing modeling assignments, but through sales of their classes or photoshoots. They swindle money from models wannabe because they are unable to provide those who pay them with what they're after - a modeling career. What you need to understand is that these new comers might not have paid them money for classes or photoshoots if there was no promise of a modeling career. If you don't call that a confidence game or a fraudulent scheme, then you're just as crooked as these so called modeling agencies. If these companies only charge these newcomers IF and WHEN they provide them with a modeling assignment, then I'm happy to drop the word SCAM. But the truth is, they will still charge, collect, and provide fringe products and/or services that might or might not lead to a modeling assignment, which is contrary to what modeling agencies do. Modeling agencies will only sign-up and keep on their database those who can earn them agency commission through modeling assignments, otherwise it's a waste of their resources and time. If TFS says that it's a make-up / grooming training center, I won't call it a SCAM. If DEBALLZ calls itself a photography studio, I won't call it a SCAM. If at anytime these companies claim to be modeling agencies, then, yes... I'll scream SCAM.

misrepresentation of what you do is tantamount to swindling, which constitutes fraud. FRAUD = SCAM. end of story.

I think, before we jump to any decision and title them fraud; I've found this at deballz.com website. You just judge it yourself.

Who Are We?

We claim ourselves as a "premier online modeling hub". Deballz Media Art is a 100% Malaysian originated company born in year 2004, another business entity owned by Media Art Axis. Our existing purposely of assisting new talent and fresh faces break into the professional modeling, acting and talent industries. We are a hub where all talents locally and internationally promote themselves for commercial job!

Why 'Deballz' and not other name?

We always ask the same question to ourself on why we choosing this name. The answer our team gives us is simple, 'name does not matter'!

What Are We Doing?

Deballz specializes in photographic work, creating models portfolio for TV commercials and promotional materials and representing some of the models and actors in the modeling and talent industries; we are an online modeling hub the first ever kind in Malaysia.

What We Do To Help You As A Model or Talent?

We create your online model portfolio that contains professional photos which include several headshots and different poses in various fashions. People or casting companies could easily view your online modeling portfolio with your dedicated URL. Your dedicated URL would be like http://www.deballz.com/model-id

Is there a fee to be represented by Deballz?

No! We do not charge fees for representation. We earn between 20% to 35% agency commissions depending on the type of work our models and actors secure through our agency. While there are no fees to be represented by our agency, models are required to cover their own expenses such as photoshoots, website fees, composite cards, etc.

If the agency likes me, will they pay for everything?

As a model or talent you are a self-employed, independent business. You are considered a sole proprietor in your own business, you are not an employee of the agency. Like any business you will have costs. As a model or talent these costs could include composite cards, portfolios, headsheets, websites, couriers, etc. Even the top models and talents working in New York, Paris and London are expected to cover their own promotional costs. It is very rare that an agency will advance a model or talent money to buy their own promotional tools of the trade. An advance is always expected to be paid back to the agency. An agency is not set up to finance a model or talents career, it is not a bank or a financial institution.

The rest, you can read it at http://www.deballz.com/v2/main.php?modules=about.

I still didn't get any respond from TFS. Any feedback from TFS?

Cheers!

Edited by wall_paper24

I got a question.

Urm... An agent called Glitters management issit? Or Glitters something...

My friends sister got signed up and they told her she was perfect for KL Fashion Week; She's very pretty and has a great figure, but she's only fifteen and 158cm. So... kinda suspicious...

And she has to pay hundread plus for the portfolio pictures...

I got a question.

Urm... An agent called Glitters management issit? Or Glitters something...

My friends sister got signed up and they told her she was perfect for KL Fashion Week; She's very pretty and has a great figure, but she's only fifteen and 158cm. So... kinda suspicious...

And she has to pay hundread plus for the portfolio pictures...

There's no lower age limit to catwalk models, some international supermodels started modeling as young as 14! But that's overseas, and with proper parental consent form signed and filed, with a chaperone following them to all the jobs.

as for your friend's sister... if that's not a typo and she's really 158cm... very impossible to be "perfect for KL Fashion Week". Runway/Catwalk models are on average 170cm or above...

and lastly, if she's perfect for KL Fashion Week, it means that the agency already decided to hire her... there's no need to pay hundreds for the portfolio pictures!!!

anyways, i'm interested to know what happened eventually...

Edited by cheekyboy

Hey, have any of you heard of glitters modeling agency? i got the number from the star and called a guy called ron..i met up with him then he said i have to pay 90 for registration..i haven't payed yet..i was wondering any of you that might have signed up..what was the outcome?

i've heard alot of stories about TFS.. well, i've been approached by them many many years back.. when i was still young =.= i actually attended their classes which was at hotel istana.. i bought the cosmetics and stuff.. they taught me how to make-up, do the catwalk and pose.. i almost finished my classes when the last thing they needed me to give them was my portfolio! at that time i couldn't afford studio pics or a good photographer so it was there and then..

TFS,..haha remembered whn one og the agent approach me. Went for classes & all. Then when I ask abt how the job being offered like. The lady told me that I had to find it myself. They just prepared the grooming & portfolios. They also ask me to pay BB makeup set for rm450. Very contra to wht Elite Model & my ex talent agent did. Usually they will find the job for us, we only attend the auditions.

All I can say is, be careful lei...

ps: nope, never heard of Glitter. Try google them. If u can't find them, most likely they just another 'modelling agency'

Edited by Rida Baharudin

Hm.. I was wondering, sometimes people post up threads in friendster stating that they need models for skin care shoot, shoe modelling etc.. can those be trusted? All they asked was profiles that's all. Is it safe to send our profiles?

Hm.. I was wondering, sometimes people post up threads in friendster stating that they need models for skin care shoot, shoe modelling etc.. can those be trusted? All they asked was profiles that's all. Is it safe to send our profiles?

depends on what info they ask from you...

your basic profile is safe to send.. things like name/dob/height/weight/vital stats/clothing size/shoe size/hair length & color/experience/basic photos, and at least one way to contact you.

sensitive information that you can choose not to send unless you're confirmed for a job, unless you trust them with the information: home phone/mobile phone/email address/home address/IC number/bank account details <-- this is why going through an agency is very useful, cos u can send the agent's contact details... and protect your private info

of course, having said that, you'll notice that my standard profile form does request for those information... but at the end of the day, it is still optional what you fill in. those basic profile info is a must, otherwise we can't match you with jobs or we don't have enough information to go on to shortlist/select you. but for the private info like home address, ic number, bank account details... the more details you fill in, the more convenient it is when we need those information. but if you do not fill in those, we can always ask you at a later time, by which time it's usually when you're getting paid for a job or you're confirmed for a job and we need those info for filing purposes.

I think, before we jump to any decision and title them fraud; I've found this at deballz.com website. You just judge it yourself.

Who Are We?

We claim ourselves as a "premier online modeling hub". Deballz Media Art is a 100% Malaysian originated company born in year 2004, another business entity owned by Media Art Axis. Our existing purposely of assisting new talent and fresh faces break into the professional modeling, acting and talent industries. We are a hub where all talents locally and internationally promote themselves for commercial job!

Why 'Deballz' and not other name?

We always ask the same question to ourself on why we choosing this name. The answer our team gives us is simple, 'name does not matter'!

What Are We Doing?

Deballz specializes in photographic work, creating models portfolio for TV commercials and promotional materials and representing some of the models and actors in the modeling and talent industries; we are an online modeling hub the first ever kind in Malaysia.

What We Do To Help You As A Model or Talent?

We create your online model portfolio that contains professional photos which include several headshots and different poses in various fashions. People or casting companies could easily view your online modeling portfolio with your dedicated URL. Your dedicated URL would be like http://www.deballz.com/model-id

Is there a fee to be represented by Deballz?

No! We do not charge fees for representation. We earn between 20% to 35% agency commissions depending on the type of work our models and actors secure through our agency. While there are no fees to be represented by our agency, models are required to cover their own expenses such as photoshoots, website fees, composite cards, etc.

If the agency likes me, will they pay for everything?

As a model or talent you are a self-employed, independent business. You are considered a sole proprietor in your own business, you are not an employee of the agency. Like any business you will have costs. As a model or talent these costs could include composite cards, portfolios, headsheets, websites, couriers, etc. Even the top models and talents working in New York, Paris and London are expected to cover their own promotional costs. It is very rare that an agency will advance a model or talent money to buy their own promotional tools of the trade. An advance is always expected to be paid back to the agency. An agency is not set up to finance a model or talents career, it is not a bank or a financial institution.

The rest, you can read it at http://www.deballz.com/v2/main.php?modules=about.

I still didn't get any respond from TFS. Any feedback from TFS?

Cheers!

Hi Wall_Paper24,

Do you know Deballz well in order to provide such comments? Do you know who are their customers so far in terms of advertisement/commercial shoot and etc?....

I met this guy called Skye through an MSN friend and he also promised some modelling before we met. He asked if I would be interested in a 'hostess' type job :/ I saw the photos of girls that he had and they are all not pretty.

Then he gave me a business card with the MYB logo.. I told him I'm familiar with this forum and was he working for MYB? He immediately said it's a different thing and that, he and his partner knows the admin.

Few weeks later, I got a Friendster bulletin message about him and his friend's scam.. I forwarded the bulletin and then he messaged me saying why I did this and that he really has registered his business.

Anyone from MYB staff know him?

Edited by dotti

I met this guy called Skye through an MSN friend and he also promised some modelling before we met. He asked if I would be interested in a 'hostess' type job :/ I saw the photos of girls that he had and they are all not pretty.

Then he gave me a business card with the MYB logo.. I told him I'm familiar with this forum and was he working for MYB? He immediately said it's a different thing and that, he and his partner knows the admin.

Few weeks later, I got a Friendster bulletin message about him and his friend's scam.. I forwarded the bulletin and then he messaged me saying why I did this and that he really has registered his business.

Anyone from MYB staff know him?

yeah...

sky @ eurekasky @ sky cheok eng huat @ sc events

he WAS at one stage involved very briefly with myb-talents as a freelance agent but we have since POSTED ANNOUNCEMENTS DISASSOCIATING HIM WITH MYB... and that's about 2 years ago!! He should not be using a myb-talents namecard or pass himself off as being related in anyway to myb forum or myb-talents.

Here's the official announcement: http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/index....st&p=386312

reason for being dropped was simple: making false promises and FALSE REPRESENTATIONS

the friendster bulletin should be quite old and was issued jointly by me, nickster and k3n (previously one of the admins here), and signed khai (LK Events), nick (J-Link), ken (myb) OTHERWISE, if it's a newer one, it only goes to show that he's still at it scamming innocent / gullible girls.

part of the scam was also reported/discussed here in this topic (although at that time no names were mentioned): Modeling Scams ( http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/index....showtopic=11942 ) (fyi genesispower is either his friend or him using another account as at that time, all his posts/pms here were under close observation)

I can even identify him for you so that you can confirm his identity :)

here's his facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=855150092

he is a psychology student in UTAR (probably graduated by now guaaaa?), and he started with a core group of girls who are mostly from UTAR and TARC, and usually targets UTAR / TARC girls. so girls from these institutions, beware!

so far feedbacks and descriptions from other girls about him are: creepy, weird, unreasonable, deperado

he is also known to exhibit behaviours that only boyfriends will exhibit such as jealousy and possessiveness and act as though you're his girlfriend just after even a few chats on MSN.. probably that's the major reason why he is often regarded as being creepy.

you'll notice that he has a lot of freelancers' contacts/friends and even attended one of their weddings recently... that's fine by us if he did not use/leverage the myb forum name / logo and claims that he's representing or has anything to do with this forum. He claimed to have registered a company under the name of SC Events, office address in Ara Damansara. IF he used SC Events, there's nothing we can do about it except caution/advise against dealing with him, but if he uses the MYB name / logo in anyway or claims that he's associated with or acting on behalf of myb, then we will have to look into this matter very seriously.

EVEN IF HE AND HIS PARTNER KNOW THE ADMIN, that doesn't mean that the admin authorize / allow / agree to his use of the myb logo in association with any of his business dealings.

Edited by cheekyboy

Thanks for clarifying it.

He was creepy and unnecessarily possessive for a stranger. Everything you said up there is true. Good for you guys to disassociate from him, I get a bad feeling from that first meeting with him.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...&sec=nation

This was reported in thestar.com.my on 23 January 2009. Just thought of sharing this piece of news here eventhough im sure most of us has already read it in the papers.

It hurts when i read through this type of news. It shows how gullible our malaysian girls are. Hopefully there wont be any of these cases anymore. Just stick to the rule of thumb, "if it sounds too good to be true, do a through check as the modelling offer might be a scam"

Goodday n take care gals :)

omg! tsf creative really scam people? they ask me to join their agency 3 times, once was at klcc, kdu and another time intro by my friend which is already in the agency. she bought make up sets worth of rm600++, actually 2 of my friends are in tat agency and i dont see the agency giving them any jobs, one of the girl even change agency already. i ingnore them few times, so scary coz they keep calling and forcing you to go for interview, i guess i better let my fren know about this news!!

yup. basically they jz want to sell make ups. but luckily i ask them wats the min amount , so i dun have to beli that much lah. i didnt go to the last clas tho..they claimed tht the last class is the real casting and only few lucky people will be selected (-- out of how many gals??). i pity to some of the gals yng dun have much money ..they were forced to buy their make up for almost rm800??-- and didnt get any job call after that --

hm sometimes its pretty hard to do a 'thorough check' on the agency background as some of these agencies have no websites... =/ especially certain jobs posted on friendster....

im pretty skeptical also as i have been asked to go for auditions or casting at hotels or condos... is this normal? one such example would be this 'agency' called NowModeling which is offering a calendar shoot among other jobs... wondering if theres anyone who can shed some light re this? thanks...

yup. basically they jz want to sell make ups. but luckily i ask them wats the min amount , so i dun have to beli that much lah. i didnt go to the last clas tho..they claimed tht the last class is the real casting and only few lucky people will be selected (-- out of how many gals??). i pity to some of the gals yng dun have much money ..they were forced to buy their make up for almost rm800??-- and didnt get any job call after that --

First of all, proper modelling agencied DO NOT ask for you buy anything, or attend classes, or buy some photoshoots for your portfolio, or ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU HANDING THEM MONEY.

Second of all, if they are really interested in you, THEY will bear all costs related to the photoshoots.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but you could possibly ask them to sign contract. In everything to do with business or dealings, always have proof of the agreements. This is will prevent from you getting into any trouble in the future, businessmen like to approach young or inexperienced people because they are usually predictable, gullible, and naive.

Please read this carefully and tell all your friends. It's time for everyone to smarten up.

hm sometimes its pretty hard to do a 'thorough check' on the agency background as some of these agencies have no websites... =/ especially certain jobs posted on friendster....

im pretty skeptical also as i have been asked to go for auditions or casting at hotels or condos... is this normal? one such example would be this 'agency' called NowModeling which is offering a calendar shoot among other jobs... wondering if theres anyone who can shed some light re this? thanks...

Call the number that the person or agent gives to you. Ask to speak to the superior to confirm everything, from the company, person working, agreement. It's totally OK to do all this because you are not only protecting your legal rights but your safety. If something feels fishy, it 90% probably is. If you can only reach one person and they say they don't have a superior (or not free) don't proceed until you verify everything.

If you asked to go for castings at an enclosed or isolated location, PLEASE bring a trusted MALE friend. There are cases where fake photographers approached models at the mall, planned to meet somewhere for photoshoot, then when the photographer has seen that the model brought a male friend, they run away.

With the agreement that you may have discussed on the phone or through meeting, try and put it all on writing. SMS, email, document.. anything that can be used as proof for future. This is not being paranoid. Smart business women and men practise this religously, only young people like us don't know.

everybody claims to be an agency.. so there's no background to check. there's only a handful of FOR REAL, REGISTERED, and RECOGNIZED agencies in Malaysia, the rest are all freelance agents / talent scouts / photographers / freelance models / 'modeling schools' / grooming schools / makeup schools / con artistes / etc CLAIMING to be modeling agencies. THEY'RE NOT!!!

modeling agencies certainly don't post jobs on friendster or any social network or forums or anywhere u can find online. Those could be agents / bookers / etc but they are NOT modeling agencies.

if i run a modeling agency, i won't be posting jobs here or anywhere for that matter. i will call my models or their agents/managers DIRECT. The models will be in my book / database already.

simply put, any 'public announcements' of available modeling jobs will

i) leak word of upcoming events / campaigns

ii) breach any non-disclosure agreements

auditions / casting at hotels are sometimes carried out, but IT'S NOT PROPER. If it's ever done at a hotel, it should be at the hotel lobby or ballroom, never in a hotel room/suite. Proper agencies have their reputation and legal consequences to worry about, and auditioning / casting in a hotel room will only invite risks of complains / suspicions / etc of improper conduct, which they will want to stay away from.

auditions / casting at condos is DEFINITELY NOT ADVISABLE

*** note * we're talking about auditions / casting here, not the actual job itself which may / could and certainly possibly in hotels or condos ***

and to answer your concern, NowModeling IS NOT an agency. sure, they may have photoshoot jobs, but doesn't mean that they are an agency. I have plenty of photoshoot jobs too, u don't see me claiming that i'm from a modeling agency EVER.

and YES, do bring a male friend along for your casting / audition / shoots ... most castings/auditions do not restrict who u bring with u and you can have your friend nearby / outside / in the waiting area (you're not ON JOB yet, and there's plenty of people waiting in the waiting area if it's a proper casting / audition) ... at most he'll be stopped at the door, but at least you know he's nearby

Edited by cheekyboy

hey babes, i need some advice...

im tempted to be a model recently, so i tot of looking/applying modeling jobs tru online. if they select me, thats my luck. if no, i dont mind. at least i give a try la. i dont even have a portfolio, so all this while, all my pictures was taken personally.

so well, i found this freelance modeling job and i sent an email to show my interest in that job.

my respond:
Hi, im interested to be model...bla bla...plz check out profile and pictures. (of coz in a proper way la)

she replied:
You have presence of look and hair that meet assignment requirement, How much is your total modeling experience and in which category?
are you ok with Glamour, Clubbing, Bare Back Gown, Scarf Top, Bikini, Implied nude?
Please provide more photos. and reference of your past work contact such as agency or photographers or models

my respond:
I do not have any modeling experience; but I'm willing to learn and follow instruction from the photographer/instructor.
I'm fine with bare back gown and scarf top. But, I'm sorry to say that I'm not ok with taking implied nude or expose picture.
Enclosed are my recent photos and my personal profile.
* I do not have any reference of my past work and contact. And, those photos are taken personally.
Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for your time and consideration.

she replied:
what you have is fantastic look, big eyes and not too skinny body type that meet my assignment requirement. But what you really lacking is
good photos, proper guidance or training how to do modeling type photos and a complete modeling portfolio.
to go in to modeling properly u need to have portfolio first, are you interested to create one first then its easy to plan.

my respond:
Thanks for your compliment.
Of course I'm interested to create a portfolio of mine. But, how?
I have several questions to ask, if you don't mind.
1) May I know what is your name of your company and the location? Any website for me to view?
2) Any cost to create a portfolio?
3) What are the procedure?

she replied:
1) I am miss Kazumi Yukogwa, sharon is my english name. you check more about the service we provide at www.talent.com, mainly in to modeling, fashion, clothing, dating, property and serch for any type of profesisonal services. I am from fashion, modeling, photography section.
i am located in tokyo - Japan, but i have contact, partners in asian countries to work on my behalf

2) Cost: if you pefrom fashion, glamour, bikini, lingerie, partial nude type of modeling then i can sponsor full and i will deduct the portfolio charges from the future jobs i get for you.

If you perform any few of the above mention modeling type then you have pay Rm300 for your portfolio. and i will provide you trainer to guid you step by step with training in posing and expressions for you rportfolio creation. so best quality is guaranteed.

3) Procedure: Decide first, if interested you will register with us either fully sponsored or no sponsorship and then i will book your appointment for portfolio creaiton. My self will contact you from Japan or my organizer wil contact you internationally to discuss apointment, things to prepare and so on.

so, wat do u think babes? is it a scam? can be trusted?

QUOTE (chemistry @ Jun 6 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey babes, i need some advice...

im tempted to be a model recently, so i tot of looking/applying modeling jobs tru online. if they select me, thats my luck. if no, i dont mind. at least i give a try la. i dont even have a portfolio, so all this while, all my pictures was taken personally.

so well, i found this freelance modeling job and i sent an email to show my interest in that job.

my respond:
Hi, im interested to be model...bla bla...plz check out profile and pictures. (of coz in a proper way la)

she replied:
You have presence of look and hair that meet assignment requirement, How much is your total modeling experience and in which category?
are you ok with Glamour, Clubbing, Bare Back Gown, Scarf Top, Bikini, Implied nude?
Please provide more photos. and reference of your past work contact such as agency or photographers or models

my respond:
I do not have any modeling experience; but I'm willing to learn and follow instruction from the photographer/instructor.
I'm fine with bare back gown and scarf top. But, I'm sorry to say that I'm not ok with taking implied nude or expose picture.
Enclosed are my recent photos and my personal profile.
* I do not have any reference of my past work and contact. And, those photos are taken personally.
Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for your time and consideration.

she replied:
what you have is fantastic look, big eyes and not too skinny body type that meet my assignment requirement. But what you really lacking is
good photos, proper guidance or training how to do modeling type photos and a complete modeling portfolio.
to go in to modeling properly u need to have portfolio first, are you interested to create one first then its easy to plan.

my respond:
Thanks for your compliment.
Of course I'm interested to create a portfolio of mine. But, how?
I have several questions to ask, if you don't mind.
1) May I know what is your name of your company and the location? Any website for me to view?
2) Any cost to create a portfolio?
3) What are the procedure?

she replied:
1) I am miss Kazumi Yukogwa, sharon is my english name. you check more about the service we provide at www.talent.com, mainly in to modeling, fashion, clothing, dating, property and serch for any type of profesisonal services. I am from fashion, modeling, photography section.
i am located in tokyo - Japan, but i have contact, partners in asian countries to work on my behalf

2) Cost: if you pefrom fashion, glamour, bikini, lingerie, partial nude type of modeling then i can sponsor full and i will deduct the portfolio charges from the future jobs i get for you.

If you perform any few of the above mention modeling type then you have pay Rm300 for your portfolio. and i will provide you trainer to guid you step by step with training in posing and expressions for you rportfolio creation. so best quality is guaranteed.

3) Procedure: Decide first, if interested you will register with us either fully sponsored or no sponsorship and then i will book your appointment for portfolio creaiton. My self will contact you from Japan or my organizer wil contact you internationally to discuss apointment, things to prepare and so on.

so, wat do u think babes? is it a scam? can be trusted?

hey i got the same thing too! but different woman.
i saw her advertisement on finding a model for a shoot or something.
then she replied the same thinG! and deduct the cost on future jobs, she said she's from singapore~ but then i just went M.I.A on her. coZ it just sounded suspicious enough. because she's looking for someone to do photoshoot then suddenly promote bout portfolio dontgetit.gif so i dont know if it a scam or not , might as well stay away from it .

QUOTE (seiryuayime @ Jun 17 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey i got the same thing too! but different woman.
i saw her advertisement on finding a model for a shoot or something.
then she replied the same thinG! and deduct the cost on future jobs, she said she's from singapore~ but then i just went M.I.A on her. coZ it just sounded suspicious enough. because she's looking for someone to do photoshoot then suddenly promote bout portfolio dontgetit.gif so i dont know if it a scam or not , might as well stay away from it .

who knows is the same person? since she replied the same thing! just that putting different mask/character.
i did not reply her as well n she din reply me also.

There are lot of online sites that don't do as they say, only to take people's money. You have to do research as in any line of work. It's best to check a site that is not looking for money and offering valuable information about the business, like what to watch out for and what is worthwhile to pursue. I owned a modeling franchise for 10 years and have a site that explains the industry in detail.
You should check a few sites like this one before you make any quick decisions. And if you have any questions just contact me through the site or reply here. Thanks
Hank
[url="http://www.modeling-agencies-revealed.com/"]Modeling Agencies Revealed[/url]