Sign in to follow this  
Daphsta

Modeling Agency Scams

So did they really pay u if u manage 2 scout 4 ppl?

Yea, my fren also got jobs fr them but I think their main income comes fr gettin $ fr d girls 4 buyin d cosmetics... Plus d jobs they giv is SOoo low pay, it's not worth it... no.gif

Edited by michellechen

but my fren say if u guys got da make up then no need to buy..cuz my fren she went then she usin bobbi brown make up..then da fellow say no need to buy cuz she has it d

So did they really pay u if u manage 2 scout 4 ppl?

Yea, my fren also got jobs fr them but I think their main income comes fr gettin $ fr d girls 4 buyin d cosmetics... Plus d jobs they giv is SOoo low pay, it's not worth it... no.gif

yeaps. paid. rm2.50/name or rm3.50. that time work part time in shopping malls also like rm2.50-4/hour only so it was pretty good.

but yea, girls, please, dont let u fall for this scam!

cyn: really? i dunno. my time, it was beverly hills. didnt have them. i didnt pay rm600 though. lesser. ;\

oh dem becky. how was that..

i got 'scouted' too twice, one in MV, one in KLCC, mng.

the ppl who scouted me had alot of make up on, were wearing dresses and Boots. so i asked them, 'are u a model yourself?' then she replied yes.

then i was like, 'Oh'. I told them that I got approached before and not interested, but they asked for my name and number, like desperately. Thinkin its no harm, just dont pick up or whateva, and gave my details..

They're not pretty lah.. surf on friendster for fun also, came across some ppl under TFS agencies and they're like blah lookin only..

N yes, i watched the re-enactment on Tv as well. The agency lady was so 'bitchy' lookin i could almost reach out n slap her..

So you guys actually did produce a lump sum to get the make up items and classes?

becky u paid the fine for backin out from the whole thing?

hurr.. not ler, i didnt skip classes. before i skip, i call them beforehand. completed the darn thing and was produced with a lame ass cert which my baby sis can do better. that's when i knew for real it was all a scam. regretted it but hey, guess we all learn from mistakes eh. ;(

tfs has its own friendster? eww... pissed.gif

no no.. not own friendster. maybe i wrote it wrongly.

i meant, viewing on girl's profiles, under companies or affliations, they write TFS creative, Model.

there u go smile.gif

then what was the cert for ? after completin classeS?

becky ah...they offer 3 brand..beverly hills also included..me got another fren..sign da thingy.but then didnt turn up 4 any classes..then thhey didnt do anything also

no no.. not own friendster. maybe i wrote it wrongly.

i meant, viewing on girl's profiles, under companies or affliations, they write TFS creative, Model.

there u go smile.gif

then what was the cert for ? after completin classeS?

missja : yeaps yeaps, for completing their course.

cyn: is it? i remember hearing them say bobbi brown though. haha. what's the third brand?

jennijane: serious? but have they ever asked u to do any modelling/photoshoots/commercials? only roadshows rite? yea, i remember elaine. she's the one who interviewed me. and another one starts with "V". cant recall. so many years back.

nope im not qualified in tat catogary.. so they nvr offer sad.gif

but i got another friend actually did model and catwalk shows for them b4..quite highpay i think..... v? er.. duno ler.. i oni know elaine, lea, and shirley.. i think they got hire new agents le now..

ok..this is what I understand of a talent or modelling agency.

They don't force you into buying stuff or taking courses frm them. They can recommend for your own good. Also they shouldn't extort upfront fees from girls coz what they are supposed to earn is from the commission of jobs that they take. That is how a legitimate agency is suppose to run the business.

Anywayz, apart from TFS is there any other similar agencies?

yupe thats the way business goez but, b4 lettin out all their models to be interview or work for their clients, they also must have a pro aka trained model b4 lettin em out to work mer. if not, why these clients wanna pay so high just to choose these models from agencies? i think thats wut the cert used for that.. juz to proove them that these models are trained.. and every models got diff catogary.. not every models r qualified to really work as a model.. (me:( )so thats why so many talents nvr got any job yet n tot cheated.. aih.. juz b patient lo.. hmm so far nvr heard other talent agencies that ask ppl to buy makeup products.. only heard those who ask to take up their photo session.... BC production? nvr heard b4 ar..

This is what I understand. An agency would meticulously handpick their talents ie whoever who has the x factor and the potential in the career. This would bring the agency good prospects, reputation and of course more higher paying jobs with higher paid models. So if they think that their talent really has the potential, most of the time they will train these girls by themselves for free. THe only money that the talent needs to cough out is the fees for comm cards and maybe some pics for portfolio. Well, this is what I've read through my findings. That is probably the reason why it's so hard to get into good reputable agencies.

i was asked by a talent scout once to go for casting in uptown about 2-3 years back too. i didnt of course, since i kena once by tfs already. seems it's a real agency. found out couple of my friends who are doing modelling and commercials are from that agency too. cant recall the name anymore though.

anyone knows about that agency?

Well.. my cousin sister got into such thing too several years back. They normally target quite good looking girls whom have confidence in themselves.

So, look on the bright side.. u r being targetted because u look good enough.

model.com sounds familiar. not sure if it was that. all i know is the office was somewhere around uptown.

when i was in singapore they approached me as well..cant remember the agency name..

my cousin told me that the agency would take professional pics for your portfolio and you'll have to pay hundreds for it but they wont help you shop it around..so they're not an "agency" but a photography studio..

when i was in singapore they approached me as well..cant remember the agency name..

my cousin told me that the agency would take professional pics for your portfolio and you'll have to pay hundreds for it but they wont help you shop it around..so they're not an "agency" but a photography studio..

the one in uptown approached u in singapore? woa. O.o

but my friends were from there. im not sure if there are a few in uptown though. dun think it's fake. ;(

primo, what's the name?

thumbup.gif

kudos to the person who started this thread because this thread just saved someone from being conned.

wish i had this forum to refer to last time. smile.gif