Sign in to follow this  
Daphsta

Modeling Agency Scams

Just wondered if anyone out there knows of any modeling scam which is pretty rampant . I know of a talent agency who has recruiters based in KLCC , approching young girls bringing them hopes and dreams of becoming a model or a tv star. What about those companies that advertises in the papers? Are they scams as well?

Do put in your 2 cents if anyone should be aware of such scams around the city.

Hi Daphsta, think i havent say hi to you yet :-)

I think this is a very good idea to know more about all these scams, so i'll pin the topic for you and for everyone's interest.

Thanks.

Yeah...I'm a noob here. Was just thinking about this topic coz it isn't quite a big issue here in Malaysia or maybe I'm just ignorant. I think there are many ppl who are not able to differentiate between a legitimate and illegitimate agencies. So I guess everybody's contributions are most welcomed.

This is important to create an awareness among teens who haven't experienced the world just yet.

Let me put my 2 cents. Beware of this company called TS Creative. They scout girls in KLCC getting them to their auditions. They would make you sign up a makeup course and it seems force the students to buy make up sets worth 600 bucks and won't promise a job placement after that.

the agency's called tfs creative. i actually 'worked' for them without knowing they were scamming lil young model wannabe girls.

hha..u worked for them as in u were a staff there? So what did you do and didn't you realise that they actually get a lot of money off those girls?

hha..u worked for them as in u were a staff there? So what did you do and didn't you realise that they actually get a lot of money off those girls?

i was actually one of those who got "scammed" many many years ago. during that time, i was on hols, they told me if im looking for a part time job and i said yea, and er, worked for them. i was super naive man. *slaps herself silly* and no, didnt know they were scamming lil naive girls like me, or else, i wouldnt have been a 'victim' now, would i?

They tried to scam me before...Kept calling me to bug me for an interview. Didn't pick their calls...mwahhaa.

hahaha that's VERY VERY wise of u. i shouldnt have picked up the darn call. =(

omg! tsf creative really scam people? they ask me to join their agency 3 times, once was at klcc, kdu and another time intro by my friend which is already in the agency. she bought make up sets worth of rm600++, actually 2 of my friends are in tat agency and i dont see the agency giving them any jobs, one of the girl even change agency already. i ingnore them few times, so scary coz they keep calling and forcing you to go for interview, i guess i better let my fren know about this news!!

tickleme...... if you don't mind , could you give us a lil insight of the whole ordeal. Once you landed yourself with an interview, what was next and so forth. What did they teach you in their training session and did they actually force you into that training?

tickleme...... if you don't mind , could you give us a lil insight of the whole ordeal. Once you landed yourself with an interview, what was next and so forth. What did they teach you in their training session and did they actually force you into that training?

okay, i'll try to recall everything possible okay cos it happened like few years back.

um, some chick was "stalking" me in klcc and when i finally noticed her, she approached me. then the next day, someone from tfs called and ask for interview. i also blur blur went and signed a stupid form that says i must buy make up around rm300-800 or something la. i dunno why was i so blur that i signed up. they checked my features all and started crapping etc. they said they're gonna sponsor me some grooming course worth rm2k and if i fail to attend any of the courses, i must pay a fine. admitting to this is probably the bravest thing that ive ever done man. this whole ordeal is frigging embarassing.

felt like i was being put under a spell or something cos everything happened so fast. then suddenly i was offered a job to be a talent scout which means one of the girls who recruit chicks for them. every week we're suppose to get at least 25 names or something and they seriously keep pressuring you like mad. it was too late before i realise that all this was a scam.

what they taught me eh? erm, how to walk, pose, make up for day/night and stuffs like that. i wish they can be sued or something. ive also been coned by a job agency last year. im darn naive man. ;(

Hmmm...you can report to the police I guess. That's really a scam. Hmm..don't see those recruiters in KLCC these days. Guess they've changed target places. If I do see anyone of those I'll threaten to report to the police.

No no..Not report the girls..report the agency to the police...i think if the police investigate and find out that it's a scam...they'll shut it down and the contracts will b voided...I think la smile.gif

Yea, I'v heard of this TFS... It's been around 4 SOooo many yrs n "scouted" so many girls... I'v been approached by those talent scouts 4 mor than 7-8 times already... rolleyes.gif

Actually ther's an article in Cleo mag (if not mistaken) few mths back talkin bout an agency connin ppl like this... I suspect tht it's this TFS although they din state d name ther...

i was offered a job to be a talent scout which means one of the girls who recruit chicks for them. every week we're suppose to get at least 25 names or something and they seriously keep pressuring you like mad.

also been coned by a job agency last year. im darn naive man. ;(

If u get 25 names, how much wil u b paid? N how did u find out tht it's a scam later?

Conned by a job agency? How?

There's the problem with Malaysia. There's no regulation for these kinda scams. There isn't a specific body like a Better Business Bureau or Consumer Agency to go look up the list of companies which are legitimate or illegitimate.Tickleme, when you were there did you see any license for business hanging anywhere in their premise?

Moving on, has anyone responded to the ads you see on classifieds about hiring models or talents of all ages?

The TFS also called me for interview.. and ya, i did went for it.. but luckily i didn't sign up for de course... onli later i found out in the CLEO magazine(onli my suspension..cos no name stated)... it's a scam...

I didn't fill up for any form.. but they seems to knw my particulars... dry.gif

It is obvious CLEO is talking bout them cuz there's no other Talent agency located in that particular place.

A lot of girls already know they "cheat", but some frens of mine actually got jobs from them too.

and i guess the so called "cotract" and fine is nothing much. i went there n signup the contract and i was supposed to go for the grooming class.. then i realised something actually not really right. so i dint turn up, i dint answer their calls as well.. they called me for 1 whole day, after that no more. i guess its just a trick of them to make themselves sound "serious" and not a scam. after that onli i heard lotsa stories bout them. my fren went. she said she realised its a scam once she stepped into the room for 1st session of grooming class.. all range of girls there. even girls who are fat, short and not pretty. (just comparison. and then 2nd time they aproached me in 1 Utama, i actualy told them" we have all known about ur company's trick, please dun aproach girls anymore" hehhehe. they do not onli apear in KLCC, even sunway pyramid and 1utama. beware girls!

wahlauweh, so many comments. let's see.

michellechen, rm3.50 per name i think. which i thought was cool that time la. found out later when i found others talking bout it. job agency? that's another story. i'll save it. wink.gif

cheesilicious, ur friends got job offers from tfs? for real?

hiohwi, yea, it's up to the girls on where they wanna approach innocent naive ones like me ler.

p/s: IT WAS OUT IN CLEO?! never knew. i saw the renactment in "kisah benar" by coincidence though. darn malufying. blushing.gif

b4 this my fren was also working for them....she had to 'scout' for ppl...for every name she gets rm2..that was last year...and then she was also forced to join the grooming class for rm500 which products of bobbi brown are given....

b4 this my fren was also working for them....she had to 'scout' for ppl...for every name she gets rm2..that was last year...and then she was also forced to join the grooming class for rm500 which products of bobbi brown are given....

bobbi brown? mine was beverly hills or something. crappy. yucks.

so wanna put all this behind me man. ;(