Sign in to follow this  
makeupjunk

Imitation or genuine?

Do you thinkg it's OK to buy an imitate branded handbag/wallet/purse?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you thinkg it's OK to buy an imitate branded handbag/wallet/purse?

• Yes, Imitate is fine
    • No, Must be genuine

Ha...i would buy imitation A class bag. but unfortunately the brands (not the mainstream, LV, Gucci), but Celine, Lanciel, Tods.these i like, never see an imitation one. So i can't even buy.

I heard Turkey is famous for its making high quality imitation bags ...i would check it out nxt yr when i visit the place. :P

I am glad most are against getting a fake or so called replica designer brand. I have been waiting a while before I finally get an authentic LV and Coach myself. Even that is because I am getting it from US not Malaysia. Mainly because Malaysia has a very highly taxed branded item and we paid so much for the equivalent.

In fact I read from an article saying that by buying these replicas meant helping all those ppl into money laundering, child laboring and human trafficking. It's really disheartening to know all this.

Is sad to hear this. but isnt this the same as buying fake dvds...and ppl still doing it.

Whether I buy a genuine or imitation article depends on the item. For designer items, I will always buy genuine ones. For items like CDs or DVDs, I would go for fakes (or pirated). Generally, I will buy genuine for high value items (I want to be secure in the knowledge that the items are of high quality).

Ya. we consumer need to protect ourselves from gettin the original quality. Hav read in the article that buyin fake dvds also contribute to money laundering and child laboring and terrorism too. :((

Whether I buy a genuine or imitation article depends on the item. For designer items, I will always buy genuine ones. For items like CDs or DVDs, I would go for fakes (or pirated). Generally, I will buy genuine for high value items (I want to be secure in the knowledge that the items are of high quality).

same here... :)

I am glad most are against getting a fake or so called replica designer brand. I have been waiting a while before I finally get an authentic LV and Coach myself. Even that is because I am getting it from US not Malaysia. Mainly because Malaysia has a very highly taxed branded item and we paid so much for the equivalent.

In fact I read from an article saying that by buying these replicas meant helping all those ppl into money laundering, child laboring and human trafficking. It's really disheartening to know all this.

I do support strongly regarding buying geniune stuff to prevent the money goes to money laundering, n child labouring etc.

If we support geniune stuff, we should also against buying stuff which include money laundering, child labouring etc...

Like not to support Adidas or Nike? As they also use child labouring.

Also buyin real dvds/cds , is not bcoz they are lower priced. The manufacturer behind sellin the fake dvds or cds...are a big ripped off of artist's income.

i love to buy handbag. the first point for me to choice a handbag is to match my clothes. i think i have 40+ handbag. i dun care genuine or fake. brand or no brand. the most important for me is the handbag i carry suit what i wear. i think some branded handbag still affortable eg. bum, guess, bonia, CR, esprit. not a must to buy those high end like LV, Gucci, Prada. Actually those high end handbag also not worth. last time i love to buy prada , S.F and versace handbag. once the trend n fashion change i will not use that bag again. waste money also.

this is what they always say, you got the looks even imitation will be genuine~~! you don't have the looks even genuine will be imitation~! This is what i strongly believe

i support genuine thats why only buy bags that i can afford~! LV, Gucci..... all i can't afford and no intention of getting any imitation:)

well i vote for genuine, i loveee to feel the satisfaction of having bought smtg genuine.

if someone feels happy/satisfied with fakes then good for them since everyone has their own opinions on fake/genuine goods right?

but for me, i dont support fake goods. think of the designer's feeling of creating something gorgeous only to be imitated and sold as fakes..

i dont like imitation stuffs. if i really wanna have it, make sure its genuine. if kena con then!"$"£$^%$&$&* lar. hahaha..

and most of the time, the problem is not on you, many people will criticize on those who take imitation stuffs. they will still talk something behind ur back. so yea, must be authentic!

That is called Dior Gaucho, it was the 'It bag" for year 2006. I saw something similiar selling in Blay shoe shop, at one glance its catched my attention. I have the same one in blue and a bigger one same colour as the pic you posted. It is a nice and trendy bag aside from the Brand name, if you really like it you should buy it, it is not consider imitation, it is designer inspired I would say. :D

Saw this bag (white color) in Cats Whiskers yesterday. I really like the design. This pic shows the original Dior. What I saw yesterday was the imitation of the design of course. Cost RM150. Still thinking whether to buy or not

diorbag.jpg

I would say it is individual preference, I have no right to judge anyone. If you like the bag that much, go ahead, but nowadays a good imitation is not cheap though, I saw in Milan Station Ikano selling from RM400 up to RM800 range depending on what brand is it. If so, I would rather be patience and wait for a while to save up more, so that I could buy an affordable range of designer handbag such as Coach. We must know how to spend wisely and at the end of the day we would really appreciate the things we buy even more. And true enough, there are a lot of loaded tai-tai i know of are using grade A imitation, nobody dare to say a single things. Just be true to yourself at your own comfortness 8)

I've bought both imitation and genuine handbags. The imitation ones, were Coach and Gucci when I was still a pisspoor student. It's not an excuse I know but at that point still don't know who I am and succumbed to peer pressure :(

Once I've graduated and earning my own money, I started buying designer bags of which the design is timeless (can be used for the next 30 years), leather is unimitable (from my research have discovered that only these brands have leather that can't be imitated: Chanel, Hermes, Bottega and Balenciaga) and of course I buy only those that I can afford. I've also discovered that the satisfaction of buying and using genuine bags CANNOT be duplicated in any way :wub: . I've since let go of the fakes and have enjoyed carrying my lovely genuine bags years after I bought them.

Edited by frzsri

Genuine products only for me. I feel that...in terms of bags....if I cannot afford a genuine I will not buy it..or will save for it rather than getting a fake one. Imagine, carrying 1 fake bag and being found out! Thats so humiliating.

I love bags and own many bags from branded to non-branded but definitely not fake bags. I would rather carry a non-branded bag for their style and suitability rather than carrying a fake bag and being spotted wt a fake one.

I heard in LV Spore Taka store, a lady was being fined for carrying a fake LV into the store. IN Paris, those found carrying fake products can be fined ...even for tourist.

if 1 cannot afford it, it's better to carry a genuine guess, carlo rino or hilly than a fake lv, gucci or burberry.

if 1 wants to carry a grade AAA fake, u have to be at certain level to pull it off, like a datin or a rich tai-tai.

if 1 is just an employee earning 5k a mth, carrying a burberry medal studs warrior is just like telling the whole world, 1 is carrying a fake! even if it's real, at 1's level, ppl will still think it's a fake unless ppl knew ur family is loaded.

even when it comes to buying original, buy an original which matches 1's level. not buying something beyond your means w credit or w all of 1's savings. if the original is beyond 1's level, ppl still think it's fake.

just my due sen.

i dont think even reputable people should carry imitation bags, even if it'll looks real on them.

because it's same as cheating and you are supporting stolen work.

i kinda personally can't stand those people who can't afford it but choose to buy the imitation ones and want to make people think that it's genuine.

for those who cant afford it, buying genuine lower class brands such as guess and carlo rino is equally good as the luxury brands. and it's better than giving people a chance to talk behind your back.

honestly,i'll only support pirated dvds. xD

I don't suggest going for immitation, whether make ups or anything..it might ruin your skin! As for accessories, I don't go for replicas it's a total waste of money. But what if your budget doesnt permits you to buy brnaded items? Then there's nothing you can do but go for the cheaper one..

EDITTED: BISNESS SOLICITATION ARE NOT ALLOWED IN DISCUSSION THREAD !

Edited by d3vil doll

i love to buy handbag. the first point for me to choice a handbag is to match my clothes. i think i have 40+ handbag. i dun care genuine or fake. brand or no brand. the most important for me is the handbag i carry suit what i wear. i think some branded handbag still affortable eg. bum, guess, bonia, CR, esprit. not a must to buy those high end like LV, Gucci, Prada. Actually those high end handbag also not worth. last time i love to buy prada , S.F and versace handbag. once the trend n fashion change i will not use that bag again. waste money also.

isnt most designer's design are timeless?

so i think its still cool to use them because they will never be out of fashion...

even if they look aged.. still a vintage wat...

and no offence but how much did u pay for the bags ? i mean how can a person bought bags that cost few thousands and just ditched them when the trend fashion changed? lol unless you are a darn rich tycoon daughter or celeb..

Edited by Invincible Under The Sun

isnt most designer's design are timeless?

so i think its still cool to use them because they will never be out of fashion...

even if they look aged.. still a vintage wat...

and no offence but how much did u pay for the bags ? i mean how can a person bought bags that cost few thousands and just ditched them when the trend fashion changed? lol unless you are a darn rich tycoon daughter or celeb..

nono.bag will definitely out if it is not a classic item unless it is limited edition..and also branded bag doesnt mean it comes with quality in some cases,my sis ever bought a very expensive clutch from gucci a few years ago,it is actually black in color but now it started to fade,and my sis rarely use that bag last time..ppl like my aunt in law will at least bought 1 bag from lv when there are new collection release,but i hardly see she use them as she only carry her papillon in the normal day..they just aim to collect not to show off..and i can only classify this kind of ppl are rich monster..haha..