Sign in to follow this  
makeupjunk

Imitation or genuine?

Do you thinkg it's OK to buy an imitate branded handbag/wallet/purse?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you thinkg it's OK to buy an imitate branded handbag/wallet/purse?

• Yes, Imitate is fine
    • No, Must be genuine

QUOTE (amelie.se @ Jan 21 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if 1 cannot afford it, it's better to carry a genuine guess, carlo rino or hilly than a fake lv, gucci or burberry.

if 1 wants to carry a grade AAA fake, u have to be at certain level to pull it off, like a datin or a rich tai-tai.

if 1 is just an employee earning 5k a mth, carrying a burberry medal studs warrior is just like telling the whole world, 1 is carrying a fake! even if it's real, at 1's level, ppl will still think it's a fake unless ppl knew ur family is loaded.

even when it comes to buying original, buy an original which matches 1's level. not buying something beyond your means w credit or w all of 1's savings. if the original is beyond 1's level, ppl still think it's fake.

just my due sen.

hehehe..it's kinda cute when you summarised the relationship of people and branded stuffs..

as for me,i am no datin or a rich tai-tai..

in fact i don't have any income as i don't work..i do receive monthly allowance,though..

but i own a burberry,a fendi,2 LVs(1 is a 2002 limited edition) which i got them during my stay/trip to overseas..

at some point,i don't really care of what people might think each time i carry my bag,cause when i purchase something expensive and nice,it is for my satisfaction,not for showing off or whatsoever..

as for answering the question to the topic,of course,i would go for a genuine,authentic,original ones rather than immitations..can't bear the feelings of guilt when reading the article about child labour are being used in the immitation industry..so sad..
Edited by pinksarah

QUOTE (BelleG @ Apr 8 2007, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, not everyone who use imitation stuffs means they wanna shows off... as one of d girl says, we juz couldn't find d ryt one for ourselves out there.... We use it bcos of d design not d brand name.... Like us, we do hv authentics stuffs, well but we do use Good grade AAA. Imagine we hv like 30-40 bags in d wardrobe, if each cos RM 2K, woww... how much will it cost? A robber will b rich by juz robbing our handbags... laughing.gif laughing.gif so most of d rich ppl will juggle around btwn imi n authentic stuffs...

Even lots of VIP in d town r using imi stuffs, dun b surprise, it's true even some of d Royalty, cos my frens supply Grade AAA imi to them.... hahaha... even myself i juggle around wit imi blushing.gif but only limits to certain brand. D best imi stiffs is in Korea which can reach RM2K after conversion, but they hv d best quality among imi stuffs.... tat's why VIP prefer imi from korea

LV definitely mus get d Authentic one, cos d imi look so fake n embrassing to use it!!!

Well, choose imi bcos of d design or to add variation in ur wardrobe is acceptable but not bcos of pride n showing off....

Juz my 2cents

Cheers!!!!

there's something to share when comes to the topic of top grade imi stuff from korea, i saw an article before saying that actually most of the imi stuff are from china even the top grade n export to korea, as every one should know china is the country which produce very big quantity of branded stuff, they have many years of experience in imitating branded stuff, those that buying imi stuff "from korea" at higher price are actually paying for the importation fee from china to korea n from korea to own country only...

i don't know whether this is true , but posibility is high unsure.gif blink.gif
what do u guys think ?

QUOTE (Ellyana @ Jun 5 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there's something to share when comes to the topic of top grade imi stuff from korea, i saw an article before saying that actually most of the imi stuff are from china even the top grade n export to korea, as every one should know china is the country which produce very big quantity of branded stuff, they have many years of experience in imitating branded stuff, those that buying imi stuff "from korea" at higher price are actually paying for the importation fee from china to korea n from korea to own country only...

i don't know whether this is true , but posibility is high unsure.gif blink.gif
what do u guys think ?

I personally feel that whether genuine or fake, brand or no brand as ong as we like it and suit the dreesing.
Some ppl go for replica coz once the trend n fashion change i wont waste too much of their money. Coz i use to buy only genuine bag, but after sometime i will just keep them in the cupboard.

I also use to think and see those very poor quality replica but untill a day my cousin show me all her top quality replica bags (she sell replica bags) its totally change my thought especially i experience personally that the retail shop cant even know that it is imitate. It might sound funny but it is true.

So,now i will mix around with genuine & replica. But for those model that i really really love it. I will still buy genuine one. It help me to save a lot lol..haha...
Just my 2 cents opinion ...

Edited by d3vil doll