Sign in to follow this  
makeupjunk

Imitation or genuine?

Do you thinkg it's OK to buy an imitate branded handbag/wallet/purse?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you thinkg it's OK to buy an imitate branded handbag/wallet/purse?

• Yes, Imitate is fine
    • No, Must be genuine

Saw this bag (white color) in Cats Whiskers yesterday. I really like the design. This pic shows the original Dior. What I saw yesterday was the imitation of the design of course. Cost RM150. Still thinking whether to buy or not

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m46/fluene/diorbag.jpg

imitation of Dior in Cat whiskers? the bag is nice..if me, i would buy it coz i wont know that it is an imitation of Dior... ^_^

Edited by cynnz

Actually I am not considering whether to buy that bag due to it being an imitation of Dior. My concern is, is it worth to pay RM150 for an imitation? But, the bag is nice, isn't it? The design is very unique. Oklah, I'll buy it since I've got the bonus already :D

I wouldn't really mind imitations, but then again, i dont really care about the brands, i look at the design more, if the design nice then take lar....i don't think so much about brands or this and that..

i do know ppl who obsessed about brands and cant afford but keep sourcing for imitations to replace their desire..(take a look at lelong, for example) lolz..but if you willing to pay so much for an imitation, why not just get a genuine one? i don't get it, too

I personally can't afford genuine sometimes, but I definitely will not choose imitate stuff... Embarrassing le.. Imagine that you are not rich but acting rich.. How other ppl will see you right? ^_^ I will just go for the non-branded one lor.. or fancy fancy one.. rather than buying imitate one.. :D:P

Personally I have no comment because I haven't made up my mind how I feel. But I can tell you that alot of my rich friend's mums who have huge mansions and own like 5 cars, also source for very good imitations. My mum attended one of their tea parties and they got suppliers to come and showcase these almost real bags and they buy them for about RM300-RM500+. So, I don't want to look down on anyone or judge people for what they buy whether imitation or real. It is up to individual preference and I respect that.

I think all the rich ppl do that :lol: That's why most of the rich become richer and poor become poorer because whatever the rich used will be seen as genuine, there is no difference if they used imitate. Whereas the poor struggling to get a genuine stuff. My aunt who is filthy rich, own a few companies, but most of her stuff are fake! If i am rich, i don't mind using imitate stuff too :P But those imitate stuff in PS is not cheap too. Still need a few hundred bucks. For me to pay few hundred will rather just save more to get a genuine.

Definately genuine. Dont be someone you are not, if you cant afford the bag, dont buy it. Thats my own 2 cents.

I rather work myself to death to purchase genuine rather to floss on people with imitations.

On the contary, rich asian people buy imitation.

Sometimes its not so much you want to imitate being rich and carrying "fake" branded stuff, its more like i dun really find any nice "unbranded" bags out thr!!! Dun u gals tnk so? For eg, look at vincci or esprit or bonia perhaps do you find their bags nice? Rarely!!! I always wonder why bag ppl cant just imitate the branded designs abit and make nice design handbags without brand name also can ma......I personally dun mind carrying a unbranded bag but with good design and material and cost around few hundred. What do you all think?

Different people have different taste so when tend to find definition of 'nice' very abstract. Say, many people like LV bags. For me,I think the LV bags look a bit boring. So I won't go for any LV bags be it genuine or imitation. On the other hand, when it comes to imitation, well, people can imitate the style but not the material. The same design will look very different when made with genuine leather or polyester

Well, not everyone who use imitation stuffs means they wanna shows off... as one of d girl says, we juz couldn't find d ryt one for ourselves out there.... We use it bcos of d design not d brand name.... Like us, we do hv authentics stuffs, well but we do use Good grade AAA. Imagine we hv like 30-40 bags in d wardrobe, if each cos RM 2K, woww... how much will it cost? A robber will b rich by juz robbing our handbags... :lol::lol: so most of d rich ppl will juggle around btwn imi n authentic stuffs...

Even lots of VIP in d town r using imi stuffs, dun b surprise, it's true even some of d Royalty, cos my frens supply Grade AAA imi to them.... hahaha... even myself i juggle around wit imi :blush: but only limits to certain brand. D best imi stiffs is in Korea which can reach RM2K after conversion, but they hv d best quality among imi stuffs.... tat's why VIP prefer imi from korea

LV definitely mus get d Authentic one, cos d imi look so fake n embrassing to use it!!!

Well, choose imi bcos of d design or to add variation in ur wardrobe is acceptable but not bcos of pride n showing off....

Juz my 2cents

Cheers!!!!

Edited by BelleG

I would rather buy a brandless item than to buy an imitation good. To me it feels like cheating. Sometimes I get quite upset when I see really nice bags with a fake looking LV or Gucci logo at the side. Makes me not want to buy them. =(

I don't care. For me, a bag is a bag is a bag. I buy it to use, and as long as it looks good and its usable, I don't care if there's even a brand.

If I just happen to find an imitation that's of good quality and I like, I don't mind buying it. Won't take the trouble to go hunting for the original. Likewise, for unbranded bags, its the same. I don't think imitation or no-brand means no quality. :)