Sign in to follow this  
makeupjunk

Imitation or genuine?

Do you thinkg it's OK to buy an imitate branded handbag/wallet/purse?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you thinkg it's OK to buy an imitate branded handbag/wallet/purse?

• Yes, Imitate is fine
    • No, Must be genuine

no imitation.....& paid the respect to those designer...

Personally I have no comment because I haven't made up my mind how I feel. But I can tell you that alot of my rich friend's mums who have huge mansions and own like 5 cars, also source for very good imitations. My mum attended one of their tea parties and they got suppliers to come and showcase these almost real bags and they buy them for about RM300-RM500+. So, I don't want to look down on anyone or judge people for what they buy whether imitation or real. It is up to individual preference and I respect that.

Personally I have no comment because I haven't made up my mind how I feel. But I can tell you that alot of my rich friend's mums who have huge mansions and own like 5 cars, also source for very good imitations. My mum attended one of their tea parties and they got suppliers to come and showcase these almost real bags and they buy them for about RM300-RM500+. So, I don't want to look down on anyone or judge people for what they buy whether imitation or real. It is up to individual preference and I respect that.

hey hey.. same situation here la... some of my mom frens oso like tat.. so i guess tat, eventho some ppl r rich, they wouldn't want to spend too much on bags, clothes, n etc.. came across some really rich ppl, they even wear really cincai n take imitation stuffs.. in d shoppin, nobody know they r rich.. in fact they r.. :D so can't judge by their look oso.. hehe.. some look very grand n elegant.. actually spend on branded stuffs n etc.. inside actually dun haf much $$ wan lor...

different set of mind i guess.

if you can't afford them, just use the lower end products, why wana squeeze urself towards the high end fashion..at the end of the day, u will not be you, u are just tryin too hard.

pace yourself, wait till you can afford something, get the real one.

i dunno about others

but i will never ever take imitation!

i feel that if u cant afford...just get some other bags...no point pretending...

I'd rather have one very nice genuine ones than a whole of closet of an imitation ones may it be shoes..purse..bag..or clothes..

Edited by arcanawar

i agree w u guys. If cant afford will try others non so expensive brands.

or else work harder n earn aloooooot of $. Kakaka....

But i think sum of those rich ppl use imitation bag oso. Coz last time i got a fren sell imitation bags. 99% same to real one from Korea n he said got alot of rich auntie buy from him wor... i hv no idea la.

For sum ppl, although they use imitation no ppl will figure it out coz thye got classy look ma.. :P like me kiddy kiddy pariah pariah listen iPod, use Fendi bag, wear miumiu shoes oso will bcome fakes alllllll......

hahahaha... so darn cham~ sob sob T_T

I totally agree coz my auntie's one of them! :doh: Her reason being, since everyone already know she's a rich tai tai, whatever bag she carries ppl will automatically think it's real. Even if she insist that it's fake ppl will also say it's real so what for pay thousands bucks for a bag! :lol: Come to think of it, she got a point also! :lol1::P

honestly when u carry branded stuff...it isnt for the benefit of showing to others...

to me...when i carry my real branded stuff...it is for my own satisfaction...

i had some friends in australia who rather go to work than come to class just to buy branded stuff to show off

i do not understand that kind of desperation...

wahh..like that also can ar?

yea i agree..taking it jus for self satisfaction lor..not showing off.. :D

Sometimes the occasion and the way we carry ourselves will also determine what 'make' is our accessories. If we dress poorly but carry an LV bag, no one will belive it is genuine. But if you dress classy but carry a fake one, everyone will think it is genuine.

I totally agree coz my auntie's one of them! :doh: Her reason being, since everyone already know she's a rich tai tai, whatever bag she carries ppl will automatically think it's real. Even if she insist that it's fake ppl will also say it's real so what for pay thousands bucks for a bag! :lol: Come to think of it, she got a point also! :lol1::P

Ya chooz that is so true. We talk and condemn imitations, but even VINCCI imitates! The reason why their shoes are so popular is because they get their designs from real expensive designer shoes and make cheaper versions of it. Does that mean we are all going to stop buying shoes from VINCCI? I don't think so right? ;)

So, I think we shldn't be too quick to judge or look down on imitations or people who carry. At some point we ourselves whether knowing or unknowingly are going to buy/use something which is an imitation of something else.

Even clothing designers imitate each other and put their label on the clothes.

I think the issue here is not whether we copy others designs. I think the issue is those replicas (imitations) and carry them around as though they are the real thing (with the real designer's name)

I think the issue here is not whether we copy others designs. I think the issue is those replicas (imitations) and carry them around as though they are the real thing (with the real designer's name)

true true.. but u can't know for sure whether they're carrying genuine or imitation items..

for me it's more of personal preference..i just feel wierd using an imitation product...but i don't care if it's someone else using an imitation bag... ^_^

but i do notice the trend to copy designs.. if they copy the design but change it a lil.. then still okay.. but if copy like photostat copy..den i won't like it...mayb cos i'm a design student..so when I see someone copy another person's work..i just feel that it's wrong lo.. but some brands create new ideas based on another's design..so it's like getting inspiration from a resource to create something new..that's fine..but copy exactly the same is a no no..for me at least.. :P

I really think it depends on how u see it. How do we know people buy the fake thing and walk around pretending that it's real? That's only an assumption. Maybe they know its fake but the fake also looks nice, so on a tight budget, they buy it. Sigh...All I'm saying is, let it be. Dont look down on people who carry fakes.

Saw this bag (white color) in Cats Whiskers yesterday. I really like the design. This pic shows the original Dior. What I saw yesterday was the imitation of the design of course. Cost RM150. Still thinking whether to buy or not

IPB Image

some immitations are nice. but for me, LV immitation is a big no-no. It is so obvious.. Anyway, i dont have anything against those using immation stuff, somehow some of them might like it due to the design and has no idea that its somehow immitation or got brand. The purpose all the same also la.. its only a handbag.. ???? or a wallet??? hmm.. samething

Saw this bag (white color) in Cats Whiskers yesterday. I really like the design. This pic shows the original Dior. What I saw yesterday was the imitation of the design of course. Cost RM150. Still thinking whether to buy or not

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m46/fluene/diorbag.jpg

If you truly like it, just get it. Don't bother what people have to say. :)

Edited by kittycatinlove