18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about accents?

• 1. They are a turn on for the opposite sex
    • 2. They look fake if their mother tongue is not that language
    • 3. They are ok as long they dont over do it
    • 4. They are cool if they sounded natural
    • 5. They made the best chat up line to get the opposite sex attention

thanks berlyn... i was looking for that word... code switching tongue.gif

this is also known as code switching....the obvious example is this.....you speak differently to different people...you swicth to manglish when u speak to your frens (who speak manglish), then when u meet your boss, you switch again to standard english...with foreigners, you speak with their accent..when u speak to a child, you use very simple english....just like following one to sing a song....

however, not many people can do this...code switching....if u can do it perfectly, then you are good...

Ahh... so that's what its called!! I do this a lot blink.gif Not that I want to but its just seems to happen.. not just if I speak to Malaysians, Japanese, HK'ers... but also regional people within England.. yucks I hate speaking with a Scouser or Manc accent ph34r.gif

fake accents are dry.gif though..remember one time a woman came into Digicrox's shop and she had the most fake american accent.. puke.gif

Ahh... so that's what its called!! I do this a lot blink.gif Not that I want to but its just seems to happen.. not just if I speak to Malaysians, Japanese, HK'ers... but also regional people within England.. yucks I hate speaking with a Scouser or Manc accent ph34r.gif

fake accents are dry.gif though..remember one time a woman came into Digicrox's shop and she had the most fake american accent.. puke.gif

eh blurred, which pt of UK u in ? cayalah, u also can do accents huh? have u saw Bigbrother 05? Anthony with his thick geordie accent! i also try to immitate but cant lah. can you do londoner?

I have this classmate who is, obviously chinese ed, but speaks with a cheese knows what accent. Everytime she open her mouth i just wanna laugh. She "a-fy" everything. Like "actually", she would say "ARK-tually", then "have to" she would say "HARF-to".

ROFL.

I have this classmate who is, obviously chinese ed, but speaks with a cheese knows what accent. Everytime she open her mouth i just wanna laugh. She "a-fy" everything. Like "actually", she would say "ARK-tually", then "have to" she would say "HARF-to".

ROFL.

so when she laugh does she laughed this way - HARF HARF HARF, WARF WARF WARF..?

or

HARK HARK HARK HARK HUARK HUARK HUARK?

eh blurred, which pt of UK u in ? cayalah, u also can do accents huh? have u saw Bigbrother 05? Anthony with his thick geordie accent! i also try to immitate but cant lah. can you do londoner?

just outside of london in hertfordshire...one of the home counties..hehehe. yup can do accents, not that i actually want to though laughing.gif yeah yah saw bb05.. i think geordie is one accent i can't do tongue.gif

ROFL.

one of my african clssmates used to do something similar.. "ask" would become "aks" .. used to say "i need to aks for help" a lot blink.gif

As in, "I need to X for help?"

ROFL

laughing.gif yup.. that's exactly it!! kinda gets irratating hearing them say it all the time tongue.gif

Nigerian lagi best, remind me of Dr.Alban..

'you mik shua you livinit reet ere, okeh? im noth goin to repeet dis gain' reet? you understan wat im sayeen tryeen reet ere eh?'

Jamaican sayin the same thing but sounds like this;

'you mayke shua you livinit eah, okeh? im nowt goin to rerpeet dis gain oryte? you understun wat im sayeen ryte eah man..eh?