Sign in to follow this  
allanphang

Rebonding and Hair Straightening

so, how long can this hair rebonding last? is it permanant?

Basically it depends on individual, how curly ur natural hair is. If ur hair is not 2 curly or wavy, n u take care of it well (rarely tie, pin or clip), it can last permanently... Only newly-grown hair wil b curly as how ur natural hair is.

At least, tht's wht happened 2 my hair. I only do rebondin once a yr, not bcoz of it not straight enuf after a yr but coz of d new-grown hair... tongue.gif

what about rebond half head?

the stylist told me about tat...but my hair is too short for it....have to do whole head.... dry.gif

Hmmm.., normally wen I heard bout rebondin half head is doin d roots only n leavin out d tips of d hair... This is normally 4 those who 1 2 "touch up" their rebonded hair after sum time, as d tips of their hair is stil straight n only d roots of d newly-grown hair need 2 b rebonded.

I went to the salon this afternoon, but didn't get a rebonding...

The hairstylist said my hair is not super straight because it's not originally the straight type, and the chemical they used was mild, so can't be super straight.

When I asked her why last time I rebonded my hair, it was straighter than this time, she said because they use cheap chemical. What she meant was: only cheap chemical produce super straight effect, expensive chemical tends to me mild and therefore can't give the same result. dry.gifblink.gif

She said can rebond for me again (the wavy parts), but it'll cause damage to my hair for rebonding twice, besides, she'll use the 'cheaper' chemical from Taiwan that can produce super straight effect. dry.gif

Can u tell us wher u did ur rebondin at? I hope u dun mind, but 2 b frank, I think they r not professional enuf... shutup.gif

"The hairstylist said my hair is not super straight because it's not originally the straight type"

Of course ur hair is not straight tht's y u go 4 rebondin... rolleyes.gif If ur hair is so straight already also dun need 2 waste ur $ ler... tongue.gif I heard tht rebondin can even transform sum tight-curl hair 4 sum blk ppl, so wht is a lil Asian curl?

Last time wen I 1st did rebondin a couple of yrs ago, d result was bad 2 n I thought d prob is with my hair as I c sum of my frenz did theirs so nice... Only after d 2nd rebondin (at a dif salon) tht I realise tht it relies much on d chemical they use n d skill of d stylist...

"She said can rebond for me again (the wavy parts), but it'll cause damage to my hair for rebonding twice"

1 of my fren did digital perm n hated d result. D VERY next day, I accompanied her 2 a good salon n did rebondin 2 straighten her curls. Tht's like doin 2 checmical treatments straight, almost like ur case. But d result turn out was great, not damagin as v expected, thx 2 d pro stylist... tongue.gif

"she'll use the 'cheaper' chemical from Taiwan that can produce super straight effect."

Y muz she use "cheaper" chemical this time, wen u had paid 4 mor "expensiv" chemical initially? I'm sure doin rebondin twice will make ur hair straighter already, dun need 2 strong chemical this time... unsure.gif

wow moon u have long long hair..................

my hair cant keep till that long cuz my ori hair kasar n dry..have to trim every month...aihs.....

Actually I should trim my hair once a while too, because I've some split ends. But I'm just too lazy... Besides, the way some hair stylist cut layers has created more split ends than before... dry.gif

Can u tell us wher u did ur rebondin at? I hope u dun mind, but 2 b frank, I think they r not professional enuf... shutup.gif

"The hairstylist said my hair is not super straight because it's not originally the straight type"

Of course ur hair is not straight tht's y u go 4 rebondin... rolleyes.gif If ur hair is so straight already also dun need 2 waste ur $ ler... tongue.gif I heard tht rebondin can even transform sum tight-curl hair 4 sum blk ppl, so wht is a lil Asian curl?

Last time wen I 1st did rebondin a couple of yrs ago, d result was bad 2 n I thought d prob is with my hair as I c sum of my frenz did theirs so nice... Only after d 2nd rebondin (at a dif salon) tht I realise tht it relies much on d chemical they use n d skill of d stylist...

"She said can rebond for me again (the wavy parts), but it'll cause damage to my hair for rebonding twice"

1 of my fren did digital perm n hated d result. D VERY next day, I accompanied her 2 a good salon n did rebondin 2 straighten her curls. Tht's like doin 2 checmical treatments straight, almost like ur case. But d result turn out was great, not damagin as v expected, thx 2 d pro stylist... tongue.gif

"she'll use the 'cheaper' chemical from Taiwan that can produce super straight effect."

Y muz she use "cheaper" chemical this time, wen u had paid 4 mor "expensiv" chemical initially? I'm sure doin rebondin twice will make ur hair straighter already, dun need 2 strong chemical this time... unsure.gif

Yup, michelle, I agree. Of course I go to rebond my hair but it's not straight enough. But she still gives me that stupid answer, which I nearly fainted after hearing. dry.gif She also told me that I can't ask for really super straight hair, because her customers also go back to wash and blow their hair every week to obtain this effect (although after rebonding).

The skill does matters, very much too. My latest news... When I started this thread, I'm only saying my hair is not super straight, so I went back to ask the hair stylist. A week before now, something worse happened. My hair near the scalp are badly damaged! msn-cry.gif Thanks to the hair stylists there, they applied the chemical on the root of my hair, so those hairs keep breaking and dropping.

The reason she gave me for using the 'chaper' chemical was she applied the same 'expensive' chemical on a small part of my hair, which was still wavy straight away after the rebonding... So she said although that day she applied that chemical on that part of hair, but still not straight, therefore can only use the 'cheaper' chemical to give me the super straight effect I want... dry.gif As a matter of fact, I pointed out to her that 'the part of hair' she rebonded twice that day is already straight, but she denied and said it's not straight, so use the 'expensive' chemical also useless. dry.gif

Add another funny thing you might like to hear. When I asked her assistant why there are two types of rebonding services offered by the salon and what's the difference, she told me it's like butter and margerine, both also nice, no difference! OMG! What kindda answer is this?! mad.gif

The salon? It's Michael & Guys in 1U. Dun think I'll pay a second visit...

Ooohh, Michael & Guys in 1U... Last time I went b4 2 ask bout their rebonding price 2... N talked a while with d stylists ther... D way they answered me wasn't so pro n they quoted me with quite expensiv price... Tht time my hair wasn't even as long as now... If not mistaken, they quoted me around RM500+... dry.gif

She also told me that I can't ask for really super straight hair, because her customers also go back to wash and blow their hair every week to obtain this effect (although after rebonding).

This is so not true... no.gif Unless ur straightening is chemical relaxing or smt like tht, otherwise normal rebonding can definitely achieve tht super straight effect u 1... Juz tht d super straight varies fr 1 individual 2 another, tht's y d stylist should b pro enuf 2 knw how 2 apply dif steps 4 dif hair type 2 achieve tht effect...

Me n most of my frenz who did rebonding dun hav 2 blowdry our hair... Sum of them blow juz 2 dry it n dun need 2 blow using comb, if u get wht I mean... 4 me, I usually let it dry naturally coz I'm 2 lazy... tongue.gif N it's stil straight... rolleyes.gif

My hair near the scalp are badly damaged! msn-cry.gif Thanks to the hair stylists there, they applied the chemical on the root of my hair, so those hairs keep breaking and dropping.

Omigod... ohmy.gif Tht's d worst... no.gif It's basic knowledge 2 knw tht in ANY chemical treatment, u hav 2 leav at least 1cm n chemical should nvr touch d scalp... I knw sumtimes it's unavoidable but if ur hair is breakin, it actually means tht wen they iron it with d straightener, they 4got bout d 1cm gap too n iron it extremely near ur scalp. Tht's y once new hair grow, ther wil b sum kind of a "fold" on ur hair n if ur hair is thin n "fragile", it wil break off... sad.gif

My hair is not thin, but it still keeps breaking. Now there's an area on top of my head with all hairs about half cm each, due to the breakage, if you know what I mean. I feel weird when touching it, I think people can see it as well, it's so ugly. msn-cry.gif

May I know where you get your hair rebonded? Is it expensive? I need some recommendations so I won't have to go through this again next time... sad.gif

I did my rebonding at few dif places... Miko Subang, Peek-A-Boo (juz 4 my fringe) a small salon in Cheras Pandan Indah, currently a newly opened salon near Inti Subang... All these salons also has its pros n cons but no major probs so far, thank god... tongue.gif But I'm stil in search of MY best salon... tongue.gif Me very hard 2 satisfy 1... hehe bag.gif

Bout ur broken hair, sorry 2 say tht ther's nothin much tht u can do... Tht's y I say tht's d worst tht can happened... If only dry or split ends, can use treatment... But broken hair... (sigh...) sad.gif Mayb try use strengthening treatment? Avoid brushing 2 much? Juz sum common sense suggestions ler, I also knw won't help much... bag.gif

what about rebond half head?

the stylist told me about tat...but my hair is too short for it....have to do whole head.... dry.gif

i rebonded my fringe (from root to eyebrow) before cost only RM20. who say fringe cannot rebond, i think your hair stylist just want u to do whole head and earn your $$. usually good hair stylist will always suggest type of hairstyle for you rather than u choose then they do, in the end your hair is not like the want that u want initially.

despite having rebonded my hair for just 5 months,the top part of my hair where the new hair are coming out is like so horrible.i have wavy hair n frizzy hair,so it's like top part so cacat then the hair end still quite straight.

im thinking of rebonding half head but duno whether anot i shall go back to my previous salon(miko wangsa maju) cuz transport prob.

so do u have any good salons in the cheras area?i know there is miko n snips in leisure mall.snips mahal...miko i dunno good anot...

i rebonded my fringe (from root to eyebrow) before cost only RM20. who say fringe cannot rebond, i think your hair stylist just want u to do whole head and earn your $$. usually good hair stylist will always suggest type of hairstyle for you rather than u choose then they do, in the end your hair is not like the want that u want initially.

Fringe rebonding 4 RM20? Tht's so cheap... thumbup.gif I also did b4... Mine was RM45-60, can't really rmb d exact price, quite long ago...

Which salon did you go for rebonding your fringe?? It's a very good price indeed. I think I've to rebond my fringe sooner or later, so wanna find out which salon offers the service and is cheaper.

If you rebond half head means u only rebond at the tips and not all the way. That way your hair won't look so flat. But this is only suitable for girls with naturally straight hair. If got curly hair then will look weird.

i think those who wanna rebond half head is because the previous rebonded hair still straight but only the new grown hair is curl..it's possible..i don think there is anygal who has curl hair would like to rebond onli half head..isn't this weird? tongue.gif

anyone tried rebonding or even cut ur hair under a junior stylist?good anot?

i went to snips to ask...if i do rebonding under a junior stylist i can save 100 bucks.....nowdays kinda poor la....

anyone tried rebonding or even cut ur hair under a junior stylist?good anot?

i went to snips to ask...if i do rebonding under a junior stylist i can save 100 bucks.....nowdays kinda poor la....

offtopic.gif (Sorry about the angry face, I don't have other customize smilies. tongue.gif )

You can find more information here though:

salon for rebonding

oo...can rebond fringe only? i wanted to do that the other day..the stylist said will look wierd..my hair wavy at the back, kinda thick also..hmm..at least can try ur salon..where is it? very interested now, never had fringe before cause got curly hair crybaby.gif hehehe can look like Catherine Zeta Jones a? tongue.gif

What's the difference between rebonding and chemical straightening?

Rebonding & Straightening just the treatment are different!

Rebonding treatment give more moisture & shine to your hair,suitable for who have dye color or dry hair.

Straightening is suitable for normal hair,it'll be more straight then rebonding~The hair end will be very straight!So sometime you'll see some girl do straightening,her hair will be very very straight not very soft!I'll will it a bit fake,don't you have see before?

So I recommand better choose rebonding & I prefer it too!

how long will straughtening lasts ar?

Actually depend on your hair,if your hair growing very fast so sure it become not straight!

But normaly is about half year or 8 month,for me my hair can jkeep straight about 8 month then I need to do it again!

If you do the rebonding/straightening after half year,remember don't go to cut too layer or cut your hair be very short,because after you cut it your hair lost the weight then so sure will back to normal make it look frizzy...

i really swear by tiz salon in Gurney Plaza, Penang called Extreme.They use all Redken products and i did rebodning 2 months back.Compared to all the rebonding'z i've done previously, tiz is the best..!!my hair is soooooooooooo silky soft n the ends isss soo healthy..not sticking or poking straight or looks like fried..!!! It really looks like my natural hair, doesnt look like i've done rebonding. I maintan it by using Redken All soft line(great line) and once a week their do hoem treatment using extreme line. They 're really good in hairstyles and perming and the owner, Jimmy is darn expert.They have 3 branches in pg.If u guyz wanted to try it, say my name n u'll get a gud offer..biggrin.gif