Sign in to follow this  
allanphang

Rebonding and Hair Straightening

Just to be 'extra' safe, I supposed I'll wash my hair tomorrow. Hope that things get better after that, and the wavy parts are 'really' caused by pressing my hair against the pillow.

Sure I can go and ask them to do it again, but I don't wish it'll happen, don't want to go through that painful process again, and my hair may be damaged for doing rebonding twice in such a short period.

So anybody here really get their hair super straight after rebonding?

the first time i rebonded my hair was not that good, after i wash it became a little nit wavy, but then nvm ... hehe. Handwork was not good. Have to wait 3 days.

the 2nd time i rebonded was okay, not bad ... it didnt wave at all ... it's cool. They told me that I can wash my hair the next day.

Just to be 'extra' safe, I supposed I'll wash my hair tomorrow. Hope that things get better after that, and the wavy parts are 'really' caused by pressing my hair against the pillow.

Sure I can go and ask them to do it again, but I don't wish it'll happen, don't want to go through that painful process again, and my hair may be damaged for doing rebonding twice in such a short period.

yeah, mine did. when i first rebonded my hair bout 3 years ago.. it was super straight. even after i woke up it was still straight. remained that way for more than a year.

good thing was that i did it in a cheap salon.. and it lasted so well

edit: jz wanted to add that i was told to not wash my hair for 3 days after rebonding

i rebonded my hair in june and it's still ok except for the fringe.i have wavy hair.u know when fringe has a pattern like an 'S'.geram laaa....do u have any ways to keep it straight?or have u heard of ppl rebonding their fringe only?

i hv super straight hair lah....wish could get a bit curve so will look more feminie

We go to make our hair super straight n u complain that urs is too straight...u so lucky la....no need to spend all that money to make it straight...keke tongue.gif

i rebonded my hair in june and it's still ok except for the fringe.i have wavy hair.u know when fringe has a pattern like an 'S'.geram laaa....do u have any ways to keep it straight?or have u heard of ppl rebonding their fringe only?

Last time when I rebonded my hair, I never tie it up, it keeps your hair from having fringes and become wavy. I used serum also. One more reminder from my previous hair stylist, which is not to use volumizing shampoo. Never heard of ppl who only have their fringes rebonded though, so not sure about it.

If you rebond half head means u only rebond at the tips and not all the way. That way your hair won't look so flat. But this is only suitable for girls with naturally straight hair. If got curly hair then will look weird.

chickrules, really can rebond half head? Never heard of that before.

I got to go to rebond my hair again tomorrow. There's really something wrong with it. Last week my friends saw it, they thought it was rebonded 'a few months ago'!!! See? It's really not straight enough. I went and made an appointment that day and demand for a free service loh. sad.gif

should be the chemical problem. or it could be the straightener problem? mayb ur stylist din adjust the right heat for ur hair? cuz my stylist told me, if u r hair is weak, they should use high heat for u, cuz it hurt ur hairs then mei become frizzy.

after u wash hair, remember to do treatment. if still frizzy, then shouldn't b ur problem. if its too serious. u ve to cut it. cuz i ve de same experience too....

I went to the salon this afternoon, but didn't get a rebonding...

The hairstylist said my hair is not super straight because it's not originally the straight type, and the chemical they used was mild, so can't be super straight.

When I asked her why last time I rebonded my hair, it was straighter than this time, she said because they use cheap chemical. What she meant was: only cheap chemical produce super straight effect, expensive chemical tends to me mild and therefore can't give the same result. dry.gifblink.gif

She said can rebond for me again (the wavy parts), but it'll cause damage to my hair for rebonding twice, besides, she'll use the 'cheaper' chemical from Taiwan that can produce super straight effect. dry.gif

So I ended up going home loh. What to do? I also don't know to believe her or not. But since the only way to get my hair straighter is to use cheaper chemical and rebond another time (which damage my already-dry hair now), I choose not to take the risk... sad.gif

Sorry for the long story... tongue.giflookaround.gif

should be the chemical problem. or it could be the straightener problem? mayb ur stylist din adjust the right heat for ur hair? cuz my stylist told me, if u r hair is weak, they should use high heat for u, cuz it hurt ur hairs then mei become frizzy.

after u wash hair, remember to do treatment. if still frizzy, then shouldn't b ur problem. if its too serious. u ve to cut it. cuz i ve de same experience too....

kassie, they didn't use 'heat' at all, no steamer or things like that involved... cos they said that chemical they used don't need wor. unsure.gif

My hair looks ok now, I applied serum. Only not straight enough... I mean super straight... God... I think my demand too high... ohmy.gif

kassie, they didn't use 'heat' at all, no steamer or things like that involved... cos they said that chemical they used don't need wor. unsure.gif

My hair looks ok now, I applied serum. Only not straight enough... I mean super straight... God... I think my demand too high... ohmy.gif

nono....their straightener ve 'heat'.....they can adjust they heat volumme on de straightener.

thats actually 2 type of rebonding in de market.

one is call 'fu li zhi'...tis is the very very first rebonding that come in to m'sia. the 2nd one call 'yiu li zhi'....get ti biggrin.gif

ok, 'fu li zhi' is super straight but the result wont as shinny as 'yiu li zhi'..cuz 'yiu li zhi' is actually a upgrade/treatment for 'fu li zhi'

cuz 'fu li zhi' super straight but make ur hair look dull. but 'yiu li zhi' is not as straight as 'fu li zhi'...so normally ppl who wanna ve 100% straigh hair...they normally do 'fu li zhi' first then after few months, continue with 'yiu li zhi'. then u ll get super straight, shiny, non-frizzy n smooth n silky hair biggrin.gif

fu li zhi is outdated tats why they so called as cheap chemical...yiu li zhi is new so they called it as expensive chemical.

the only diff is one old trend n another is new trend. tis is the price diff biggrin.gif

hope u understand my explanation bag.gif

then juz continue with the serum...n tk good care of it. dun do any chemical thing to ur hair at the moment, it will only become worse.

its not ur demand high, me too biggrin.gif

kassie, thanks very much for your detail explanation! happy.gif

Hehe... About the 'heat' thing, sorry I misunderstood. I'm also not sure if they did adjust the heat volume of the straightener. tongue.gif

You know what? I think my hair is a combination of 'yiu li zhi' and 'fu li zhi'; like 'yiu li zhi', my hair is not very shiny, and it's like 'fu li zhi' because it's not very straight and it costs me a fortune! Sounds crazy is it? blink.gif The whole rebonding session actually costs me about RM800++ (including the simple 'treatment' that I can also do it at home)! They charged me about RM400++, and that's after 50% discount. wacko.gifdry.gif

means u ve done both??

actually, if u ve done some chemical on ur hair like color or wat, u ve to wait at least 3 weeks for rebonding...

how long is ur hair?

means u ve done both??

actually, if u ve done some chemical on ur hair like color or wat, u ve to wait at least 3 weeks for rebonding...

how long is ur hair?

Haha... No lah! I mean according to what you said about 'yiu li zhi' and 'fu li zhi', my hair has the 'negative' effects of both: expensive, not shiny, not straight enough. tongue.gif

My hair ar... till my waist 'only'. The hairstylist remembers me because of the length of my hair. biggrin.gif

Yea.., me..! tongue.gif At least, I'm satisfied with it now than b4... N since I keep it 1 length instead of havin it layered, it looks straight... tongue.gif