Sign in to follow this  
Vivian

Moon Cake

it's the time of the year again ! ;)

any nice special mooncakes to recommend ??? pls upload pictures ya !!

i don't know what other special mooncakes apart those from tai thong :(

i've tried haagen dazs before and its goood !! not to mention pricey :P

wah..mooncake....miss it, going to buy some on the way back from office later...hehehe...

any babes recommend any mooncake that are best selling now?

i personally love shanghai mooncake by "foo shan" hehehe

I love Shangai Mooncake (especially with yolk, the more the better :lol: ) and Low Sugar Double Yolk Lotus/Pandan Mooncake the most!! :clapclap:

Bought two Shanghai Mooncake by Oversea but it doesnt taste that nice :( So dissapointed. I wonder which brand have the best Shanghai Mooncake.

Btw, if you like yam, Tai Thong's Ping Pei Yam Single Yolk mooncake is quite good. I cant stand mooncake that is too sweet :loser: Luckily nowadays they came out with a low sugar range :)

wah..mooncake....miss it, going to buy some on the way back from office later...hehehe...

any babes recommend any mooncake that are best selling now?

i personally love shanghai mooncake by "foo shan" hehehe

Hi Ivory, may I know where can I get Foo Shan Shanghai Mooncake? Is Foo Shan a mooncake brand like Oversea, Six happiness, Tai Thong etc where I can get it from major shop selling mooncakes? Thanks :)

Foo shan shanghai mooncake is the best millie....I normally get from 1U cause every year they bake in from of you and pack it..so the skin is crispy....and is you want it to taste nice..put in oven or microwave b4 cut..super nice...

yup, Foo Shan brand is like all those oversea and tai t hong.....hope you can find it, i oso finding nice shanghai mooncake....when i found the best i pm you k....heheheh

weird this year i don't find shanghai mooncake from tai thong :(

eh the durian flavor from tai thong nice ka? :P

wanted to buy few days back but sold out :(

just curious whether will it taste as good as some durian cakes :P

Yeap~ Tai Thong doesnt have Shanghai Mooncake, wondering why. Anyway, I plan to order their Snow Skin Durian Coulis (ping pei) and also Teowchew Single Yolk.

Btw, anyone know what is Teowchew mooncake like? Heard a few babes loves Teowchew Mooncake. I know Im funny, dont know how it taste like but still place an order for it :lol:

Foo shan shanghai mooncake is the best millie....I normally get from 1U cause every year they bake in from of you and pack it..so the skin is crispy....and is you want it to taste nice..put in oven or microwave b4 cut..super nice...

yup, Foo Shan brand is like all those oversea and tai t hong.....hope you can find it, i oso finding nice shanghai mooncake....when i found the best i pm you k....heheheh

Ohh, ic ic. Then shouldnt be that hard for me to find it. Thanks alot Ivory :wink3: Hearing you describe like that, it must be really good. Coz the Oversea Shanghai Mooncake that I bought, their skin so so only. That makes the whole mooncake not nice already.

Am looking forward to try it :wub:

oh ya, recently i see purple cane de mooncake like not bad 1) with green tea skin 2) with rose tea or any other tea with lotus paste... Sound not bad rite? i'm tea lover so i think it will taste nice gua..heheh i go buy and tell u all how it is k...

Edited by ivory_rong

oh ya, recently i see purple cane de mooncake like not bad 1) with green tea skin 2) with rose tea or any other tea with lotus paste... Sound not bad rite? me is tea lover so i think it will taste nice gua..heheh i go buy and tell u all how it is k...

I love tea too. Should be not bad especially when combined with lotus paste. Hope its not too sweet though. Yesterday my colleague brought in mooncake for everyone. Green tea and as well as pandan. But both flavour also too sweet for my liking. The green tea one not bad actually. Brand is Lian Bee Confectionery. Hehe, never heard before :lol:

Hehe Ivory, try already let us know kay :wink3:

I love tea too. Should be not bad especially when combined with lotus paste. Hope its not too sweet though. Yesterday my colleague brought in mooncake for everyone. Green tea and as well as pandan. But both flavour also too sweet for my liking. The green tea one not bad actually. Brand is Lian Bee Confectionery. Hehe, never heard before :lol:

Hehe Ivory, try already let us know kay :wink3:

i buy and tried the Purple Cane mooncake ler....the packaging is nice and cute...i try the bitter tea red bean mooncake, not bitter at all and the red bean smell so nice and really not bad leh....hehehe..can buy and give ppl..nice packaging..

i buy and tried the Purple Cane mooncake ler....the packaging is nice and cute...i try the bitter tea red bean mooncake, not bitter at all and the red bean smell so nice and really not bad leh....hehehe..can buy and give ppl..nice packaging..

Wow, so fast buy and try already. Ivory, you really mooncake princess :lol1:

Btw, my mom's friend say the brand 'Mak Ho Si' (dont know the exact spelling) for their Shanghai Mooncake is really really really good. Their skin not hard at all and very powdery like (sorry, dont know how to put it in English, haha)

Im going to hunt for mooncake this weekend hopefully. Heard Mid Valley have an area specially for mooncake. They have brands from hotels as well as well as from restaurants. Many unique flavour and shapes are sold there :wink3:

Where do I get those kiddie mooncakes without the inti!! Didn't know they existed..happy gila!! Hahahah. Love eating the skin part..mmm...

I think Oversea Restaurant has it, they used to sell it every year but I haven't checked this year. Tai Thong should have too, anyone knows?

I gona try to get the Fushan mooncake. What's the different of shang hai mooncake and other type?

Anyone try mandarin oriental mooncake?? Is it good?

millie,

'Mak Ho Si' if I'm not mistaken is Bakers Cottage. I overheard someone say so :P

Bought Tai Thong and Oversea Moon Cake. Still back to basic

1) Lotus Paste 4 yolk *this is the only 1 from Oversea*

2) Lotus Paste 2 yolk

3) White Lotus Paste Low Sugar 1 yolk

4) Snow skin Shanghai Yam paste 1 Yolk

5) Snow skin Lotus Paste 1 yolk

I love eating the Foh San's "Heong Peng"

Waiting to buy Yu Ai Shanghai Yam Paste 1 Yolk as they ran out of stocks last Sunday when I went over.

Wow, so fast buy and try already. Ivory, you really mooncake princess :lol1:

Btw, my mom's friend say the brand 'Mak Ho Si' (dont know the exact spelling) for their Shanghai Mooncake is really really really good. Their skin not hard at all and very powdery like (sorry, dont know how to put it in English, haha)

Im going to hunt for mooncake this weekend hopefully. Heard Mid Valley have an area specially for mooncake. They have brands from hotels as well as well as from restaurants. Many unique flavour and shapes are sold there :wink3:

hehe nola..just conincident pass by so go in and buy lo...i like tai thong white lotus paste with sesame.so nice...hehe..i also wante dto try yu ai shanghai yam like very nice..try this week ..hehe

millie,

'Mak Ho Si' if I'm not mistaken is Bakers Cottage. I overheard someone say so :P

Bought Tai Thong and Oversea Moon Cake. Still back to basic

1) Lotus Paste 4 yolk *this is the only 1 from Oversea*

2) Lotus Paste 2 yolk

3) White Lotus Paste Low Sugar 1 yolk

4) Snow skin Shanghai Yam paste 1 Yolk

5) Snow skin Lotus Paste 1 yolk

I love eating the Foh San's "Heong Peng"

Waiting to buy Yu Ai Shanghai Yam Paste 1 Yolk as they ran out of stocks last Sunday when I went over.

LOL, yeap Skye, I just found out too a couple of days ago. That day my friend was like telling me 'Mai Ke Si' (in mandarin) their mooncake very unique. I know 'Mai Ke Si' is Baker's Cottage for years already coz last time my chinese educated friend always mention. Then I tell him I heard this brand Mak Ho Si not bad, but dunno what brand it is coz I never heard before. He sarcastically tell me "Doink, its Baker's Cottage la just in Cantonese only" I really speechless. Haha. What to do, a banana I am :lol:

Ohh, and I dont know Oversea has 4 yolks! That day I asked from Tai Thong, they said need to pre order it then they'll bake you one :( Yes! Im so going to get Oversea's one!!

Edited by millie

hehe nola..just conincident pass by so go in and buy lo...i like tai thong white lotus paste with sesame.so nice...hehe..i also wante dto try yu ai shanghai yam like very nice..try this week ..hehe

Ivory, tried the Foo Shan's Shanghai Mooncake already. Their skin really quite good, when I cut it can feel its very powdery like already. Me and my mom like it. Hehe, good recommendation :wink3:

I gona try to get the Fushan mooncake. What's the different of shang hai mooncake and other type?

Anyone try mandarin oriental mooncake?? Is it good?

Hie Dorlisa, Shanghai mooncake is different in the sense that their crust (or skin) is thicker and biscuit like. It's slightly taller than the typical mooncake. I only know how to describe until here. Sorry if you still dont get it. Hehe. You can ask for sample and see if you like the texture. For me, I love Shanghai mooncake more than the the typical one. Lol :D

Hu hu! i love bing pei mooncake , my fren just told me Tai Thong is very famous with bing pei dao sa, is that true? if nice, must try out lo. i have tried kam lun tai bing bei, very very bad ooo.. <_<