Sign in to follow this  
babesbabes

acne scars

Hey babes,
i heard that Artistry has the top skin care products and i have joined Amway last month. i need suggestions on which kind of artistry products(must be available in malaysia) should i purchase to cure my acne scars. There are lots artistry products like essentials, pure white, time defiance blah blah blah.. totally confusing me :unsure:

i'm new in skin care btw :doh:

[quote name='babesbabes' date='15 February 2011 - 02:38 AM' timestamp='1297708711' post='592917']
Hey babes,
i heard that Artistry has the top skin care products and i have joined Amway last month. i need suggestions on which kind of artistry products(must be available in malaysia) should i purchase to cure my acne scars. There are lots artistry products like essentials, pure white, time defiance blah blah blah.. totally confusing me :unsure:

[/quote]

hi babe~:)
i have no idea about artistry..
but most of the brands in the mall, beauty salon n even drugs store i have tried. just name it.. from skII to simple from watsons. non work for me.
i have a combination skin that is prone to acne.
never had a blemish free skin..
only after i had been introduced to this miracle products...
i works miracally..
i can now go out without make up on.. i never dream about it..
still, my skin is not 100% cure.. but what i can say, so mush better when i can go out without make ups on..
it gives u a natural shine to your skin,,,
pm me yeah :thumbup1:

Hi gal,

my skin is sensitive, more acne n red scar difficult disappear de. i used many branded product n go to many salon as well....but useless....make my skin more worst.

now, i got a good dermalogist. she tell me y our skin so easy to get acne. coz our dead skin too many n blocked. it make the acne appaer de. please dun use scrupt. it make ur skin more worst.

i using glomish...now, my skin healthy, shine n pretty....now, so confident n happy ...:)

[quote name='babesbabes' date='15 February 2011 - 02:38 AM' timestamp='1297708711' post='592917']
Hey babes,

[/quote]

[quote name='beauty123' date='27 February 2011 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1298818174' post='593466']
Hi gal,

my skin is sensitive, more acne n red scar difficult disappear de. i used many branded product n go to many salon as well....but useless....make my skin more worst.

now, i got a good dermalogist. she tell me y our skin so easy to get acne. coz our dead skin too many n blocked. it make the acne appaer de. please dun use scrupt. it make ur skin more worst.

i using glomish...now, my skin healthy, shine n pretty....now, so confident n happy ...:)

[/quote]

Dear beauty 123,

my face condition also packed with scars and big pores. using product itself (no matter it's SK ii or other cheaper brand) won't work, coz i understand that our skin has blocked and too thick of those dead skin. and you're so right in pin point that. =)

anyway, i thought of going to have some treatment like microdermabrasion to at least scrubs off my outer layer dead skin, only then i focus to put good product onto my face, else it's just waste of $$...

u say u using glomish? may i know what is tat? did ur derms helps u to eliminate those dead skin? Edited by sweetie belle

[quote name='sweetie belle' date='28 February 2011 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1298823246' post='593468']
Dear beauty 123,

my face condition also packed with scars and big pores. using product itself (no matter it's SK ii or other cheaper brand) won't work, coz i understand that our skin has blocked and too thick of those dead skin. and you're so right in pin point that. =)

anyway, i thought of going to have some treatment like microdermabrasion to at least scrubs off my outer layer dead skin, only then i focus to put good product onto my face, else it's just waste of $...

u say u using glomish? may i know what is tat? did ur derms helps u to eliminate those dead skin?
[/quote]

hey babe,
i heard about the microdermabrasion too.. wanted to that.. but per facial my fren said around rm300 and can do in package for 10times that rm2500 so like rm250 per session... can combine and share. some where in subang.
but no money yet...
yeah, what u said is true about to get rid of all dead skin cells,.. it only will make our face worst.
one of the way is by peeling process..
make sure do not use peeling product that can cause cancer that contain hidroquinon or mecury..
after i did peeling i guess my skin so much better..
the product that my fren suggested last year did peeling but the product contain only natural ingredients,,
no i am using Tabita Skin Care.. it will treat ur skin from deep down inside, do peeling if neccessary and maintain your skin freshness by balance out the moisture in your skin and eliminate all the unnecessary oil that blocking our pores.

[quote name='ryssa naryssa' date='01 March 2011 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1298959025' post='593523']
hey babe,
i heard about the microdermabrasion too.. wanted to that.. but per facial my fren said around rm300 and can do in package for 10times that rm2500 so like rm250 per session... can combine and share. some where in subang.
but no money yet...
yeah, what u said is true about to get rid of all dead skin cells,.. it only will make our face worst.
make sure do not use peeling product that can cause cancer that contain hidroquinon or mecury..
the product that my fren suggested last year did peeling but the product contain only natural ingredients,,
no i am using Tabita Skin Care.. it will treat ur skin from deep down inside, do peeling if neccessary and maintain your skin freshness by balance out the moisture in your skin and eliminate all the unnecessary oil that blocking our pores.
[/quote]

hihi..

yeap, what u referring is the microdermabrasion treatment that offered by Dr. Christina Chea frm Subang. yea..me too, wana pay her a visit. btw, u can check for the thread at "chemical peel for skin" if u wish to know more la..hehehe.

icic..have u undergone any peeling treatment? i don't really dare to try that la.., i did know some place that perform M'dermabrasion at RM120 per session, but i never try b4, dunno whether good or not.

[quote name='sabbie' date='02 March 2011 - 09:25 AM' timestamp='1299029101' post='593562']<br>i've tried doing lasers, skin was smoother and healthier after that, the price is more or less the same as microdermabrasion<br>[/quote]<br><br>sabbie,

<div><br></div><div>oh? is it? i thought it would be more xpensive one? where u did ur laser o?</div>

[quote name='ryssa naryssa' date='01 March 2011 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1298959025' post='593523']
hey babe,
but no money yet...
[/quote]

Hi gal,

ur fren facial so expensive ah...my derma 1 facial juz rm130 per session. buy 10 session free 1 also.

Normal, my derma will check ur skin 1st. Then, recommended product. after u buy the product. Next time, u juz bring bac ur product to do follow up. FREE facial, but juz use bac ur product only.

if u really wan to see the result fast. Then, sign up facial course together lor...also at subang area. i alr PM my derma phone number for u.

Hope all of us get bac a pretty pretty n shinning skin :-)

I am doing a treatment (Assata STET treatment). After doing 2-3 treatments, it reduced by dark spots and acne scars (with holes) by almost 60%. Besides my face seemed to become firmer and brighter overall.

Seriously, results much much better compared to dermabrasion. When you all did the dermabrasion, dont u feel the pain when they use that iron rod and sandpaper your face?

Chemical peels sound scary. Does it cause any sting, pain or etc after the treatment? Can go under the sun after chemical peel session?

[quote name='jeaniebean' date='05 March 2011 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1299298330' post='593672']
I am doing a treatment (Assata STET treatment). After doing 2-3 treatments, it reduced by dark spots and acne scars (with holes) by almost 60%. Besides my face seemed to become firmer and brighter overall.

Seriously, results much much better compared to dermabrasion. When you all did the dermabrasion, dont u feel the pain when they use that iron rod and sandpaper your face?

Chemical peels sound scary. Does it cause any sting, pain or etc after the treatment? Can go under the sun after chemical peel session?

[/quote]

hey gal,

how's the treatment were done?

[quote name='jeaniebean' timestamp='1299298330' post='593672']

Seriously, results much much better compared to dermabrasion. When you all did the dermabrasion, dont u
feel the pain when they use that iron rod and sandpaper your face?

Chemical peels sound scary. Does it cause any sting, pain
or etc after the treatment? Can go under the sun after
chemical peel session?
[/quote]

Hi what the STET treatment..is it same with TMIT..I went to assata last month for facial n asked suggestion to reduce my scar, they suggest me for TMIT treatment,?
How the ur treatment, is it pain, I heard the treatment the suggest for me painful,how about yours? Edited by Jigee

My cousin used to have pimple marks and acne scar on her face but after she use pearl scar cream for a year, she has flawless skin now. Those acne scars are no longer visible. This cream has re-whitening formula that can lighten up freckles, pigmentation, dark skin tone, dark spots, blemishes, post acne scar, pimple marks and large open pores. Her elder sister is also using it and freckles on her cheeks are gone.

I just get to know this recently and i'm thinking to give it a try. Has anyone tried this or is using this now? hope you can share your experience with us. cheers~

[quote name='Jigee' timestamp='1299425678' post='593719']
Hi what the STET treatment..is it same with TMIT..I went to assata last month for facial n asked suggestion to reduce my scar, they suggest me for TMIT treatment,?
How the ur treatment, is it pain, I heard the treatment the suggest for me painful,how about yours?
[/quote]

Hi Jigee, which branch assata saloon you go to? I am not sure wat is TMIT. The STET treatment i did takes about 1.5 hours. The treatment not pain for me. But the result really very good. My scar (holes) reduced quite a lot and face very firm after treatment.

[quote name='❤ MeL_B ❤' timestamp='1299486928' post='593762']
My cousin used to have pimple marks and acne scar on her face but after she use pearl scar cream for a year, she has flawless skin now. Those acne scars are no longer visible. This cream has re-whitening formula that can lighten up freckles, pigmentation, dark skin tone, dark spots, blemishes, post acne scar, pimple marks and large open pores. Her elder sister is also using it and freckles on her cheeks are gone.

I just get to know this recently and i'm thinking to give it a try. Has anyone tried this or is using this now? hope you can share your experience with us. cheers~
[/quote]

Hi Mel,

I suggest you becareful when using those pearl cream. I heard some contain mercury and other ingredients not safe for our health.

[quote name='babesbabes' timestamp='1297708711' post='592917']
Hey babes,

[/quote]

Hi, i suggest u go for needling in Dharan Total Wellness, PJ! After do it, immediately can see the result, and it is not so expensive per treatment and it is not painful at all. Around RM200 - 300. But of course 1 treatment wont be enough.

My face also has lots of acne scars, but after a few treatments, my face looks better with less scar.
And i m using Skin 11 product as well, they r very good for acne scar treatment. Skin 11 is the best product for acne skin! Because I went to Clara International for 2 years and dont have any improvement. I also went to New York Skin Solutions for few times, then i change to Skin 11.

[color="#666666"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font][/color] Edited by jadorevintage

[size="2"][color="#696969"]The key to identifying good skincare is looking at the ingredients! Products over the counter (expensive or cheap ones) are mostly comogenic, have perfume and paraben - all of which are ingredients you might probably want to avoid. You can get good products from your local drug stores too like Watson/Guardian! Doesn't have to be SKII or La Mer. I'm currently using Avene Diacneal after reading so many reviews online! It's supposed to combat acne and reduce scarring - and I can see that my dark spots have been reduced after 2 weeks of using it (long way to go though). Here's the content of Avene Diacneal, you can get it from Watsons or Guardian (large ones preferably)

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][b]Key ingredients:[/b]

[b]Retinaldehyde 0.1%[/b] - Provides the efficacy of Retinoids for blemish-prone skin, with little to no irritation. Helps minimize the appearance of outbreaks

[b]Glycolic acid 6%[/b] - Allows enhanced Retinaldehyde efficacy; helps exfoliate skin for a smooth complexion

[b]Avène Thermal Spring Water[/b] - Soothes and softens skin while minimizing irritation[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]You can also try products which contains salicylic acid. I use Kiehl's too because it's chemical free. Salicylic acid is especially helpful in treating acne scars because it encourages shedding of dead skin cells from within the follicle. It works as an exfoliant. Don't use St Ives because it is so drying omg! Worst product ever.[/font]

[/font][/color][/size] Edited by jadorevintage

I don't know a ton about acne products. I was lucky enough to not suffer too much in that department. My suggestion come second-hand, so remember that. As far as scarring goes, getting a little color helps. Never underestimate the power of a little make-up and a good base tan. I suggest a little tanning bed time and some good cover. If that isn't going the trick, I suggest you speak with a doctor. Otherwise you might give yourself a chemical peel and get the exact wrong result. Just my thoughts.

[quote name='jadorevintage' timestamp='1301579250' post='594581']
[size="2"][color="#696969"]The key to identifying good skincare is looking at the ingredients! Products over the counter (expensive or cheap ones) are mostly comogenic, have perfume and paraben - all of which are ingredients you might probably want to avoid. You can get good products from your local drug stores too like Watson/Guardian! Doesn't have to be SKII or La Mer. I'm currently using Avene Diacneal after reading so many reviews online! It's supposed to combat acne and reduce scarring - and I can see that my dark spots have been reduced after 2 weeks of using it (long way to go though). Here's the content of Avene Diacneal, you can get it from Watsons or Guardian (large ones preferably)

Jadorvintage is right about retinaldehyde being a key ingredient in fighting oily skin and looking from the ingredients - this is a good product.

Just like to add - please use sunscreen after, if you don't your skin might wrinkle faster.

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][b]Key ingredients:[/b]

[b]Retinaldehyde 0.1%[/b] - Provides the efficacy of Retinoids for blemish-prone skin, with little to no irritation. Helps minimize the appearance of outbreaks

[b]Glycolic acid 6%[/b] - Allows enhanced Retinaldehyde efficacy; helps exfoliate skin for a smooth complexion

[b]Avène Thermal Spring Water[/b] - Soothes and softens skin while minimizing irritation[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]You can also try products which contains salicylic acid. I use Kiehl's too because it's chemical free. Salicylic acid is especially helpful in treating acne scars because it encourages shedding of dead skin cells from within the follicle. It works as an exfoliant. Don't use St Ives because it is so drying omg! Worst product ever.[/font]

[/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]