Sign in to follow this  
snowball

Do you take supplements?

Lets share.

I'm taking multi vitamine and fish oil pill. Took anti-oxidant before, but that is kind of expensive so never continue . . . . Is there anything essential that we should take???

[quote name='snowball' date='05 October 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1286209059' post='589032']
Lets share.

I'm taking multi vitamine and fish oil pill. Took anti-oxidant before, but that is kind of expensive so never continue . . . . Is there anything essential that we should take???
[/quote]

Hi Snowball, I feel anti-oxidants are really important. It's anti-aging of course, but much more than tat, it raises our natural body defense level so that free radicals are filtered out as much as possible (depending on our level of anti-oxidants) and if too much attack of the free radicals on our cells, it may lead to life threatening diseases such as cancer and tumour.

Would be great if the multi vitamin has the anti oxidants in them. Would suggest Lifepak from Pharmanex as it has more than 40 types of Anti-Oxidants in its multi vite and includes the really powerful Alpha Lipoic. I take that as well as Marine Omega from Pharmanex (one of the highest content of Omega 3 in the world). Please PM me if you would like to know more? Cheers!

This is what i found some the website:

(HealthCastle.com) Antioxidants are substances or nutrients in our foods which can prevent or slow the oxidative damage to our body. When our body cells use oxygen, they naturally produce free radicals (by-products) which can cause damage. Antioxidants act as "free radical scavengers" and hence prevent and repair damage done by these free radicals. Health problems such as heart disease, macular degeneration, diabetes, cancer etc are all contributed by oxidative damage. Indeed, a recent study conducted by researchers from London found that 5 servings of fruits and vegetables reduce the risk of stroke by 25 percent. Antioxidants may also enhance immune defense and therefore lower the risk of cancer and infection.

Most Commonly Known Antioxidants

Vitamin A and Carotenoids
Carrots, squash, broccoli, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, kale, collards, cantaloupe, peaches and apricots (bright-colored fruits and vegetables!)

Vitamin C
Citrus fruits like oranges and lime etc, green peppers, broccoli, green leafy vegetables, strawberries and tomatoes

Vitamin E
Nuts & seeds, whole grains, green leafy vegetables, vegetable oil and liver oil

Selenium
Fish & shellfish, red meat, grains, eggs, chicken and garlic

Hi, I am not taking any supplement for now but it is essential when you do too much work out.

Some supplements are common to use whether you do work out or not, you can take that for your daily life.

Thank you!

I do! I take vitamin C and Daily!

Really helps me going through the day, before I felt tired and sleepy when at noon, but now not anymore!
Feels great not to feel sleepy, because i can just sleep while writing on my desk when I'm sleepy! Cannot cover langsung XD

I started only taking recently because I have weight problems. I'm consider underweight and went for medical checkup, apparently it's my intestine having problem absorbing food.

So I've started taking Elken's supplements and gotta say, it's working for me.

I'm now taking accordingly to keep up the pace :)

supplement such as antioxidant vitamin C is nessasary either u can consume supplment or from fresh fruits that contains lots of vitamin,
multi-vitamin is very usefull for us to boost up immune system..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.mydeal.com.my/deals/kuala-lumpur/RM28-Essential-Health-Screening-at-ILife-Nutrition"]http://www.mydeal.com.my/deals/kuala-lumpur/RM28-Essential-Health-Screening-at-ILife-Nutrition[/url]

I used to swallow 4, 5 capsules of vitamins, spirulina n etc, plus drinking fibre drink everyday, until i come across a new product from U.S., called Maqui berry juice, it is the world highest antioxidant super fruit, the blending has sea minerals and aloe vera, i find it works better than the supplements i was taking.

I can go to toilet naturally everyday, i feel more energetic even tho i eat lesser and losing extra weight which make looked more fit and younger, the most happiest part is i no need to swallow the pills anymore, ha !

Have anyone heard of miki prune extract?

It is high concentrated prune extraction (a type of fruit that rich in nutrients)
It helps to supplement the insufficient nutrients gained in daily life (esp vegetables & fruits)[img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif[/img]