Sign in to follow this  
snuffles_g

Babes @ Australia

getting the cert of good conduct is easy last time..(before may 08), but now..you've to get lots of people signature..and the people are those from government ranking..not easy..but the good part is u can get the letter on the same day..instead of 1 month compared to last time...

since, i've just got my PR...anyone who need help or question i can help to answer...

Hey Annie and Joukowski thanks for your suggestions. The situation is somehow like this now. My bf is studying in Perth but his skills Media in Film does not qualify to apply for PR (Students with 2years of studies plus skills listed can apply). For me my skills have 50points but just that I'm a fresh graduate, with only like 1-2 months of experience, so probably my bf will just come back and we wait for few more years.

Yeah, Perth is a nice place, very quiet and I like it that way. So that I can have work life balance and spend more time with family. I've visited Perth 2 months ago, I find the lifestyle there ok for me and I enjoy the weather too.

I heard that a spouse visa will require at least 2years of marriage to qualify?

Fremantle is a must of course, try out Cicerello's fish&chips

Cicerello in Freo is great but u shouldnt miss out on STAR FISH on Scarborough Beach Road...it's just a stone's throw away from Scarb beach and next door to Coles supermarket on Scarb beach Road...it is a must try...by far the best fish and chips I've tasted in my life...even beats the one in Monterey Bay, SF! Im lucky, my mum lives on the hills of Scarborough..just 3 mins away..LOL..! :)

Thank you for recommending nice place in Perth. :D But I will be staying in Rockingham City, will it be very far away from the city?

Thank you for recommending nice place in Perth. :D But I will be staying in Rockingham City, will it be very far away from the city?

If not mistaken you can the Mandurah line train from Rockingham to City, but I think you'll need to take a bus from your place to the station

Jouwoski, it wasn’t that easy, you have to submit forms and then get it stamped etc. Time consuming. But you’re right; hubby probably went through a whole lot more.

Oh can anyone please help recommend a cheap hotel/motel in Melbourne pls? Would probably need a place for 2 nights somewhere in Melbourne city itself, thanks!

Hey Cas, I'm going there next week for work - friend over there recommends bring very heavy clothing- weather's been really bad over there last few days.

Thanks for informing :) Was planning on packing light clothes tonight, lol but will remember to pack thicker ones now. Oh say Hi if you happen to bump into me, ya, lol

Just moved to Melbourne last week and started work on last Monday. Currently staying with friends and looking for perm accommodation and car.

Anyone wanna meet up? Don't have much friends around here and don't want to lead a boring life too :D

Still need to get use to the weather here. It gets very cold for the past few days. Almost 4 degrees everyday at night. It's like staying in an air-cond room but you can't switch off the coldness.

Edited by baby_rachy

Hey Annie and Joukowski thanks for your suggestions. The situation is somehow like this now. My bf is studying in Perth but his skills Media in Film does not qualify to apply for PR (Students with 2years of studies plus skills listed can apply). For me my skills have 50points but just that I'm a fresh graduate, with only like 1-2 months of experience, so probably my bf will just come back and we wait for few more years.

Yeah, Perth is a nice place, very quiet and I like it that way. So that I can have work life balance and spend more time with family. I've visited Perth 2 months ago, I find the lifestyle there ok for me and I enjoy the weather too.

I heard that a spouse visa will require at least 2years of marriage to qualify?

Hi :) I've just migrated to Perth in Nov 08, it's actually not that difficult to obtain a PR as long as u've enough points. Go thru the website add up all ur points - ur IELTS results n age will contribute alot n if ur spouse IELTS results is good it'll contribute points as well. if u've relative who can 'sposor' u=xtar points too. As for working exp. if I'm not mistaken need at least 2 years. Once u've enough points then only apply if not no need to waist $$

-1st get ur degree access by the the Au migration authority, once approved(take bout 3weeks)

-go to the migration website n print out the application form n follow the instruction step by step, it's quite easy. no need agent n save bout AU$5000

-sit for IELTS test in British council, result out in 1.5 weeks time

-when have evrything in order submit the forms, bout 4-6 months(depands on public holidays in Au) later will receive email requesting a health check n clearence...now u know u already got it :) if ur application fail they won't ask u do go for health check

-now bout 3 weeks later u'll get the good news :D

-in conclusion the whole process will take at least 6months n the most 9 months(if all ur documents r in order n have enough points)

The above info is based on my own n my friends' experience :) good luck.

hEy... im from perth as well!! ahaha nice to meet u all herE and hope to see you guys arouND! if anyone need hElps, just name it here and i will see wat i can do about it here! =D

Since like it is so easy to apply PR from the way u wrote.Does it require you to take a blood test for health check in order to apply PR?i hate blood test... ^_^:unsure: