Sign in to follow this  
aleena

Hyperthyroidism

Dear Babes,

Please help me!!

I noticed that I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism (over active tyroid glands) 2 months ago when I took up a comprehensive blood test. As a result, I need to consume medication (which includes methimazole) under the supervision of a doctor for 18 months continuously. This is my 2nd month but I have already noticed that I have gained so much weight that all people around me started to take my weight as a topic to chat around. This is extremely hurt as I am at the servicing industry which I need to face the public. I became low-self esteem, depressed and emotional. I've gain 4 kgs within 1 month time and my weight still increasing from day to day even though I have controlled my diet strictly. I spoke to my doctor on my 2nd visit about my problem bt according to him, he still keep prescribing me with the same medication.

I am not sure if methimazole causes my weight to increase or there is something wrong with my body.

I desperately need babes out there to share with me if you have the similar problem and is there any recommendation or advice to me?

Million thanks and I love you all.

Hi.

My aunty had a similar problem 1 year back. I recommended her to take Alpha Lipid Colostrum ( Pre Milk ). She has been taking this product for the past 2 months now and she feels so much better.

Do u want to try it out? It helps alot for people Who have [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]Metabolism Syndrome, [/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]Thoughts & Emotions, [/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]High Blood Pressure, [/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]Arthritis & Joint Pains, [/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]Osteoporosis, [/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]Kidney,
[/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]Diabetes, Stroke, [/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]Heart Disease, [/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]Wrinkles, Sinus, Asma, gastric and many more.

I hope this will give u some re-leave.
[/size][/font]

[quote name='aleena' date='17 May 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1274106825' post='583394']
Dear Babes,

Please help me!!

I noticed that I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism (over active tyroid glands) 2 months ago when I took up a comprehensive blood test. As a result, I need to consume medication (which includes methimazole) under the supervision of a doctor for 18 months continuously. This is my 2nd month but I have already noticed that I have gained so much weight that all people around me started to take my weight as a topic to chat around. This is extremely hurt as I am at the servicing industry which I need to face the public. I became low-self esteem, depressed and emotional. I've gain 4 kgs within 1 month time and my weight still increasing from day to day even though I have controlled my diet strictly. I spoke to my doctor on my 2nd visit about my problem bt according to him, he still keep prescribing me with the same medication.

I am not sure if methimazole causes my weight to increase or there is something wrong with my body.

I desperately need babes out there to share with me if you have the similar problem and is there any recommendation or advice to me?

[/quote]

I had hyperthyroidism too but now i m lucky to have recovered now. The medication that u r taking will hv side effect of gaining weight.(as it for all hyperthyroidsm medicine) So u hv to take proper care of your diet. At first i was gainign weight too, and i slowly control my diet and the medication suppose to reduce its dosage slowly as you recover. I was on CARBIMAZOLE and with a very good physician. I was gaining abt 3 kg as a whole durin medication but manage to shred it off easily after 2 months or so. If you have any ques, do pm me as i do not frequently check this website. Good luck! Edited by tripleL

thank for the info, tripleL. r u staying in kl/pj?would you mind to let me know which doctor u used to visit?

my doctor told me to stop my medication for a moment. I am still waiting for my 2nd blood test result. Hopefully everything will be fine for me. yea... u r rite, I try to control my diet nowadays. Will take only 1 slice of wholemeal bread and a cup of milo for my dinner. :)

Shuba, can you let me have more info about Alpha Lipid Colostrum ( Pre Milk )?

i hv hyperthyroid too.. i hv stopped takin medication as it made me gained a a lotsa weight too..
so for the past few yrs i hv been on & off takin carbimazole & still not recovered yet coz i gave up easily =(

aleena & tripleL, which doc u went to?

[quote name='aleena' date='17 May 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1274106825' post='583394']
Dear Babes,

Please help me!!

[/quote]
hi there,

i hv a friend who is also has thyroid.
i referred her case to our co's dr.
he said that she need to take SNE Capsules and Artercardy Essence Capsules, since it connect directly to the heart.
this one will not increase yr weight.

u can try to ask him yourself.
hes name is dr raffi marjali, 019-3683538 or at drraffi@snemarketing.com.my

u can view the products at
http://penawarsakit.lot.my
i can be contacted at 018-2588569 or at atoz.sne@gmail.com if u need any help.