Sign in to follow this  
angeliclynn

how to remove eye make up?

Hi babess,

Im getting a problem here T.T since im single eyelid i normally put on a thicker gel eyeliner (maybelline) and mascara (also maybelline) on my upper and lower lids,
but the problem is getting it off.

I currently use the Simple cleaser wipes to clean of a layer 1st then only use Shu Eumura's cleansing oil to clean my whole face make up but i always get my eyes reddish after removing my eye make up.

Is something wrong with me or its the process of removing make up that i did wrongly?

Hope to get some help here.

Thanksss!!

[quote name='angeliclynn' date='10 January 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1263107270' post='577693']
Hi babess,

Im getting a problem here T.T since im single eyelid i normally put on a thicker gel eyeliner (maybelline) and mascara (also maybelline) on my upper and lower lids,
but the problem is getting it off.

I currently use the Simple cleaser wipes to clean of a layer 1st then only use Shu Eumura's cleansing oil to clean my whole face make up but i always get my eyes reddish after removing my eye make up.

Is something wrong with me or its the process of removing make up that i did wrongly?

Hope to get some help here.

Thanksss!!
[/quote]

Hey girl,

it seems to me that you are wiping a lil too hard. Your eyes are the most delicate area on your face. When you remove ur eye make up, usually u leave the cotton pad on your eyes(of course eyes closed). leave it for a few seconds, your eye make up would come off easily without rubbing.

You will get wrinkles too.
Besides that, try getting a specific eye make up remover for your eyes and lips ok. I like Lancome's Bi-Facil, cheaper version would be Loreal. Same texture, blue water and oil. hehe :D

Hope this helps
http://www.lancome-usa.com/skincare/eye-makeup-remover/bi-facil.htm

simple cleanser wipe can really clean ur eyes mkup & u nit 2 wipe it hard...tat's really not gd 4 ur eyes area...

for me...i use lancome eyes & lips makeup remover...put it on da cotton & place on eyes area for 10 seconds...but it won't 100% clean...so, i wipe it gently wif da cotton...after tat...i use simple cleanser wipe to wipe da whole face...including eye area (pls bare in mind...dun wipe 2 hard on eyes area)...then i use shuuemura cleansing oil to remove da left over mkup...then rinse off & follow by my usual cleanser...toner...eye cream...moisturizer...

*sometimes lazy...will skip da usual cleanser after using shuuemura... :P
**lancome & laneige eyes mkup remover r not bad...like it...maybeline eyes mkup remover is oso recommended @ da taiwan show (nu ren wo zui da)...but i never try b4...

hope this can help u... :)

sorry for the late reply.. was so busy with work..

Wow..

Thanks alot for the advices. I never knew we have to put cotton 1st on our eyelids before wiping it off. I always just try to wipe it off >.<

Gonna go find one eye and lips remover 1st !!

Probably gonna find a cheaper one like Maybeline or Loreal ^^

do get the lancome eye make up remover.. i tried the body shop eye make up remover, it stings if it goes to your eyes.. the lancome make up remover is the best so far i've used.. plus i read alot of good reviews on sephora.com about this product.. let's say i did research before i invest for something so expensive :P<br><br>for me, i'd use cotton + lancome to remove the eye shadow and mascara.. and then i'd use cotton bud + lancome to remove my eyeliner :)<br>

Wow.. great tips! Thanks guys.. gonna go find one soon. I always search for info all bout make up but not removing it. haha. never knew i had been removing it the wrong way for so long..

You can try Mandom Cleansing Express Eye Make Up Remover from watsons. It cost only about Rm26 and most suitable for stubborn mascaras. I usually spend less on eye make up remover because it doesn't stay on your skin, so as long as it does the job well :)

I suggest tht you use Simple eye make up remover (not the wipes). Its selling for about RM16 in Watsons for a full bottle (usual price without sale RM19.90). I'm into my second bottle now. Its the gentlest eye make up remover I've tried.. my eyes do not get red or irritated and even waterproof mascaras came off without having to rub.

I've tried Estee Lauder, Lancome, Silky Girl, and a few others but this is still the best and its affordable too! Im into my second bottle now. I also use it for my whole face.. not just eyes :)..

Its also oil free, fragrance free and alcohol free.. really gentle and effective! :) Edited by myfashionmansion

[quote name='myfashionmansion' date='03 March 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1267600311' post='579576']
I suggest tht you use Simple eye make up remover (not the wipes). Its selling for about RM16 in Watsons for a full bottle (usual price without sale RM19.90). I'm into my second bottle now. Its the gentlest eye make up remover I've tried.. my eyes do not get red or irritated and even waterproof mascaras came off without having to rub.

I've tried Estee Lauder, Lancome, Silky Girl, and a few others but this is still the best and its affordable too! Im into my second bottle now. I also use it for my whole face.. not just eyes :)..

Its also oil free, fragrance free and alcohol free.. really gentle and effective! :)
[/quote]

Wow i never know Simple has eye make up remover. I just bought one Maybelline one. It wasn't bad but i want to try this! Its sooo affordable @.@

[color=''#ff00ff'']For me my thick long lashes are one of my prized possession on my body.And I'm darn scared of early wrinkle ,especially around eye area,as that area is the most suspectible to fine lines and WRINKLES >.< since its very thin

Because of my vanity,I use seperate make up remover for eyes.I only use specially develop for eyes make up remover.I even develop a ritual on that *LOL*
Remove contacts-->remove eye make up-->use luke warm water to rinse off any traces of remover-->double cleanse the rest of face-->toner-->using eye drops-->regular skin care steps

I always leave on the facial cotton square which I soaked earlier with gentle eye &lips make up remover(I use Estee Lauder) for a full 30 seconds for the remover to work its charm of breaking the chemical bonds of eye liner and mascara to my skin.After 30 seconds,most of the eyeliner and mascara sticks to the cotton .I dont even have to wipe my eye area :)
HARSH rubbing and wipping will not only break lashes but also promote early fine lines **sick**
Sometimes if I still see some left over on my eyes(applies only to hard to reach areas like eyeliner flakes gets trap in between my lashes or on my inner rim eye),I use soaked cotton buds in remover to clean them.I also leave on the cotton bud on my eyes for 30 seconds before lifting it up to see if the remover has indeed break the bonds causing the little specks to stick to the buds.In most case by then the remover will successfully clean up the little flakes .If it does not,I just gently wipe the cotton buds and the flakes will ususally comes off.I find that [u]cotton buds[/u] are a great help if u used to line ur eyes inner rim with watreproof liner.Lastly,I will use luke warm water to rinse off the remover

I also complete my ritual of eye removing make up later on by using eye drops.I do this after I clean my face with cleansing oil and facial cleanser and after applying toner on face but before eye gel/serum/essence/moisturiser

I find that Estee Lauder's are gentle and mild to use,as it didnt sting my eyes @ all.
Another cheapear version of eye make up remover I have tried would be Skin Food milk shake point eye &lips make up remover(cost rm 39.90)
Another one would be Maybelline's

Hope this help! ;) [/color]

[quote name='d3vil doll' date='22 March 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1269232033' post='580547']
[color="#ff00ff"]For me my thick long lashes are one of my prized possession on my body.And I'm darn scared of early wrinkle ,especially around eye area,as that area is the most suspectible to fine lines and WRINKLES >.< since its very thin

Because of my vanity,I use seperate make up remover for eyes.I only use specially develop for eyes make up remover.I even develop a ritual on that *LOL*
Remove contacts-->remove eye make up-->use luke warm water to rinse off any traces of remover-->double cleanse the rest of face-->toner-->using eye drops-->regular skin care steps

I always leave on the facial cotton square which I soaked earlier with gentle eye &lips make up remover(I use Estee Lauder) for a full 30 seconds for the remover to work its charm of breaking the chemical bonds of eye liner and mascara to my skin.After 30 seconds,most of the eyeliner and mascara sticks to the cotton .I dont even have to wipe my eye area :)
HARSH rubbing and wipping will not only break lashes but also promote early fine lines **sick**
Sometimes if I still see some left over on my eyes(applies only to hard to reach areas like eyeliner flakes gets trap in between my lashes or on my inner rim eye),I use soaked cotton buds in remover to clean them.I also leave on the cotton bud on my eyes for 30 seconds before lifting it up to see if the remover has indeed break the bonds causing the little specks to stick to the buds.In most case by then the remover will successfully clean up the little flakes .If it does not,I just gently wipe the cotton buds and the flakes will ususally comes off.I find that [u]cotton buds[/u] are a great help if u used to line ur eyes inner rim with watreproof liner.Lastly,I will use luke warm water to rinse off the remover

I also complete my ritual of eye removing make up later on by using eye drops.I do this after I clean my face with cleansing oil and facial cleanser and after applying toner on face but before eye gel/serum/essence/moisturiser

I find that Estee Lauder's are gentle and mild to use,as it didnt sting my eyes @ all.
Another cheapear version of eye make up remover I have tried would be Skin Food milk shake point eye &lips make up remover(cost rm 39.90)
Another one would be Maybelline's

Hope this help! ;) [/color]

[/quote]

Wow.. Thanks alot for the info! Now i am scared @.@ ive been rubbing my eyes quite often till now im trying ur method :P and it works perfectly with Maybelline's. and its affordable! haha.but will try on other products once i finish this.. i loveeee eyelinersss and mascara! ^^