Sign in to follow this  
myfashionmansion

Food during Pregnancy

Hi,

I'm about 4 months preggers and experiencing some water retention. My wedding ring doesnt fit and my face is puffy. My mom suggested to take garlic water but it smelled so pungent that I could not stand it. Any advise?

Also, there are some fish that we are suppose to avoid during our pregnancy right, but then most of the websites are in English, so I dont know what is the BM translation for the fishes. Anyone knows King Mackerel translation? Is it Tenggiri or Kembong?

And what is the safest fish to eat? Is Siakap okay?

Hi! I'm 4 months preggie too! Currently feeling pretty okay, the nausea had gone :rolleyes: *thank god*

Wow, I didn't know some fish must be avoid...I hope I haven't ate any of that yet >< My grandma keep telling me I could eat ANYTHING at all because i'm just pregnant and not sick...

isn't that the kind of fish they use for sardines? I don't know much about this, but my tending nurse said that it's good to eat a lot of fish and high protein foods.

Oily fish - is good for you and your baby but it can contain environmental pollutants. Have no more than two portions of oily fish a week such as mackerel, sardines and trout so you get all the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids, but also cut the risk from the pollutants. Limit tuna to no more than two tuna steaks a week or four medium-size cans of tuna a week. Avoid shark, swordfish and marlin altogether because of the high levels of mercury in these fish, which could harm your baby's developing nervous system.