Sign in to follow this  
citygurl

acne skin

if you have alot of acne scars, i think it is better to use revlon liquid foundation for oily skin, or perhaps use bb cream. me myself have congested ance skin, and i use dr brightening bb cream

[quote name='yawyau' date='22 November 2009 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1258883772' post='575607']<BR>if you have alot of acne scars,&nbsp;&nbsp;i think it is better to use revlon liquid foundation for oily skin, or perhaps use bb cream. me myself have congested ance skin, and i use dr brightening bb cream<BR>[/quote]<BR><BR><BR>i'm using etude de bb cream but it didnt&nbsp;cover up my acne summore my face look pale on it..wat product should i go for??<BR><BR>

minimal makeup and cover the blemishes can minimize appearance of blemishes. good feeling but only temporary. treat it purifying mask (a must), mild exfoliation (enzyme base), pore refining essence, antibacterial & anti-oxidant toner, and a really good moisturizer for oily skin. drink water,eat apple, yogurt, garlic and onions. and don't worry too much.
keep a positive mind.

i do have this experince too, because of i always don't wash my face propely thats why.
and now, whenever i was back from outside i will at least use clean water to wash off all the dust :D

Yes you can apply make-up on acne skin, but dont use those regular store bought foundations/make-up instead opt for MINERAL MAKE-UP as it helps skin to breathe whilst ensuring adequate coverage. Infact, mineral make-up is known to improve skin condition.

If you cant find mineral make-up, use BB cream as your "foundation"...Dr G (Goowonsesang) Brightening Balm is great for acne-prone skin.

Also ensure proper cleansing at the end of the day to remove all traces of make-up.

Do not use Maybelline foundation for cover ups!

I used to have really bad acne skin too. Now, its healed. But there's still like mild acne scars. =(.

Anyway, I tried to cover up using Maybelline liquid foundation during those days and it made my skin break out.

You should not use cosmetics if you really want your acne to heal fast. Every cosmetic will actually clog your pores since you're acne prone. Try to keep cosmetics only for special occasions & you'll be heading towards better skin ! [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Literally cosmetic is harmful to acne skin, making skin even worse.

My acne problem starts since I tried make up when I was 18 years old, L'oreal liquid foundation :( later then it took me more than 3 years to get rid most of the acne.
However, I don't think it's cosmetic that worsen my skin, it's the quality of the cosmetic!

When I was still young I only care about how good is the coverage of the liquid foundation. now I will try to look more deeply to its texture. It's no point covering up all your acne/ scars at the same time making them worse, this will just make you rely on the product more.

If make up is consider a remedy to you, try to choose some good in quality instead of those from drugstores.

Better not risk although for certain people, putting on make-up doesn't have any effects but some people do which most probably is due to some reactions with the skin. It would be best if you have the acne to be healed first.

If your face is acne prone, dont put too much make up on your skin so that it can breathe. However, you can always try Averine Satin Smooth Foundation which is good for acne skin.