Sign in to follow this  
yuri

I feel soooo sad..

i've been sooo down these few weeks.. have been trying to apply for a new job since a few months ago bt then still didnt get any good 1 yet... i wanna leave my current company because im jz nt happy with it bt seems like the more jobs i apply, the more i get depressed...

some of the jobs requires my experience bt y didnt call me 1... sob sob.. so sad la...how...i've already searched thru jobstreet, those agencies, email... everything to seek for a new job bt not many has came back to me.. those that called me also is those irrelevant ones.. or they cant gimme the salary that i am requesting... sad.gif ..

now i feel more depressed then ever...feels like nobody needs my expertise.. im working for 3 years already.. if wanna go for team leader positions, i might have a lesser chance cause i havent lead anything before.. if wanna go for senior positions, the jobscope i havent get the 1 that i really want.. join back as executive can bt must start from fresh again.. is tht what ppl are also facing?.. anybody??

banking.. im very very specialized in 1 dept of the banking sector which outside.. nt many companies can do geh... when i go outside of the banking sector, i can oni be a project manager..

that 1 usualyl they need someone who has at least 5 yrs exp wor..

QUOTE (yuri @ Sep 29 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
banking.. im very very specialized in 1 dept of the banking sector which outside.. nt many companies can do geh... when i go outside of the banking sector, i can oni be a project manager..

that 1 usualyl they need someone who has at least 5 yrs exp wor..

oh u working in banking? which bank? am in a dilemma now too.. got an interview coming these few days time... my tummy starting to get butterfly ... kinda worried for the interview.. sad.gif i hates interview sad.gif

hehe.. ti@ .. u also working in a bank?.. haih i dunno lah.. feel depressed nia... feel like going outta this industry bt then outside geh benefits nt so good wor..

dear yuri,

so sorry to hear about your situation. have you ever thought about perhaps attempting something that you've always wanted?

I mean, yes. working is to achieve livelihood / $$$ to feed ourselves but maybe this is the time to do something that you've always wanted to do and you'll never know, you may find satisfaction and then realize you've finally found what you want to do.

at the current situation, i don't think many banks would be hiring. don't be discouraged. maybe you could take up my suggestion if you want to. =)

Good luck!

doing something that i've always liked?... hmm.. i havent thought of starting a business of my own wor.. i really didnt think of it..

anyhow...im still looking le.. these days ah, i always hear ppl say negative things make me become more sad oni lah.. sumore my dept here.. always also restructure.. no direction 1... thats y i cannot tahan.. make me more no direction oni..

Hi, I know an organization who is running a programme to train unemployed or retrenched people in Sales. The training is for six weeks and after the training they will be given an interview for jobs especially in financial institutions. This programme is initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource and all participants will be paid RM500 a month by the government.
Pls PM me if you are interested.

Hmmm..I dont think it is difficult to get a job in banking if you were fresh...my friend can just jump from a bank to another bank...but to get a senior position if would be difficult....

Why not take a change? It might be difficult initially, but it would be very challenging..just try and have no regret since you are still young...

I work in a bank too. Been applying for other banking jobs but so far no one has called even though I’m under consideration on jobstreet for a few jobs. I wonder if the market is really that bad? I had an offer from Maybank early this year, but I stupidly rejected it thinking my increment and bonus this year would be better, but it wasn’t the case. Sigh. Now just waiting to get another call/interview.

OMG!! hehe cas u rejected mbb's offer?.. hey apply nw cause many ppl have left.. and apparently ocbc is also employing.. what field are u in actually?... mind to tell?..

I did apply and yeah nt many banks actually called me.. and mostly are those who cant offer me much.. china man company which i've rejected quite a few d..