Sign in to follow this  
LadyG

Flat Tummy

Hi all,

Was wondering whether any of you know any great advise and suggestions for a flatter tummy? I go jogging everyday (1/2 hour) , 250 sit ups a day, stop drinking any beverage with sugar, eat healthy stuffs like :

Breakfast - Wholegrain bread x 3 slices with non-fat butter / 0% fat yogurt
Lunch - Half a bowl of rice with lean meat and vege and eat lots of melons ( rock melons and honey dews)
Snacks - chew on raisins and cashew nuts
Dinner - Quarter bowl of rice with lean meat and vege and eat lots of melons ( rock melons and honey dews)

I am not fat in fact i am a very petite person. The problem is I do not have a flat tummy. So, basically i just want to trim my tummy only.

Any advise?

I know that being petite makes it more difficult to see results because your frame is so much smaller (I'm petite too :D ) but I think diet-wise, you're alright.
Trying grilling or steaming your meat and veggies and use less oil or non at all (Extra virgin olive oil or canola are good). Eating more vegetables and fruits definitely helps (the fiber is good) and try drinking about 2 liters of water a day. Check to see if your raisins are sweetened (choose unsweetened fruits) and limit snacking on roasted nuts. Opt for raw nuts instead but also eat those in moderation. Try wild/ brown rice instead or white rice as white rice is just filling you with empty carbs.

Try looking for some yoga or pilates moves you could learn. I suggest looking up pilates on Youtube. Since pilates focuses a lot on your core (abdominals), it would be more effective than just regular sit-ups. Since you're jogging regularly, maybe try to jog in intervals:

1-3 min: Warm-up jog (3 mins)
4-6 min: Moderate speed (2 mins)
7-8 min: Sprint- increase speed to what you can handle (1 min)
9-13 min: Moderate speed (4 mins)
14-15 min: Sprint (1 min)

You get the idea. Keep toggling between moderate and higher speeds and cool down nice and easy for about 5 mins near the end.

I hope that helps. Good luck! I'm also on a mission to kill tummy blob. [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif[/img]