Sign in to follow this  
huggydoggie

What level of income is considered low, middle and high in Malaysia?

What level of income is considered low, middle and high in Malaysia?
How much do people in Malaysia actually earn on average?
Edited by huggydoggie

low = 1500-2500
medium = 3000-4000
high = 8000 & above

base on monthly income. at this century,monthly rm2k income is a joke of life to survive especially living in kl.

QUOTE (huggydoggie @ Aug 26 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the love of God. Did you just say above RM40k per-month?
That's a little bit too high don't you think?

lol - High to me means High, where you don't have to budget and I think 40k/mth around the point where money is starting to become no object for whatever stuff you want to buy. & you're working because you love your job, not to make a living - at this point is when I'd consider a person rich.

QUOTE (Joukowski @ Aug 31 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol - High to me means High, where you don't have to budget and I think 40k/mth around the point where money is starting to become no object for whatever stuff you want to buy. & you're working because you love your job, not to make a living - at this point is when I'd consider a person rich.

Well, I cant argue with what you just said. When a person earns 40k per-month, everything he needs doesn't become a problem at all. Right you are about the part when you said they're working because they love their job and not to make a living. Hey, whereever there is passion, money will follow smile.gif

for my job,

my lowest income is rm10 per hour... my highest income is rm50 per hour... yet.. i hate my job... i am 21 this year... is my income too little?

Low - would be anything under 1200
Mid - 1500 to 8000
High - above 10k

I think high income as defined by Joukowski is a bit too high. For me, to be able to live without considering your budget would really depend on your life style. Its different for everyone. 1 person who has a simple life style can easily live within 5k? Whereas for ppl with expensive taste would find it hard to live even within 10k.

Just a thought.

QUOTE (MTYH @ Sep 19 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for my job,

my lowest income is rm10 per hour... my highest income is rm50 per hour... yet.. i hate my job... i am 21 this year... is my income too little?

Your income is not too bad. Don't worry, i'm sure it'll increase as time passes by smile.gif

QUOTE (BabyHudu @ Sep 19 2009, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Low - would be anything under 1200
Mid - 1500 to 8000
High - above 10k

I think high income as defined by Joukowski is a bit too high. For me, to be able to live without considering your budget would really depend on your life style. Its different for everyone. 1 person who has a simple life style can easily live within 5k? Whereas for ppl with expensive taste would find it hard to live even within 10k.

Just a thought.

It really depends on the individual and yes, Joukowski does have a different perception towards the income levels in this country but hey, I think Joukowski did have a point because with 40k a month or so, you'd be living life to the fullest. Think about it, with 40k or more a month, you'd live in a diffeent home, drive a different car and you'd be able to provide the best for your family smile.gif
Edited by huggydoggie

I think that by level of income you'd probably mean 'in comparison.'

We should probably compare our income with mean income at national, regional (asian) and international levels. smile.gif I don't know about you all, but in practice I think we should just compare what we have with what we want. Isn't it simpler? biggrin.gif

Unless you want to take income as a score like a game... tongue.gif