DERMEDEX - REFINING CREAM - BANNED

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 sparkee

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

Recall No :PR090008Date : 11 February 2009Name of Product : Dermedex Biotox Refining CreamBatch No :15082008HExpiry Date :15082011Pack Size : 30ml per bottleClass of Recall : 2Level of Recall : Retail Product Notification No :CCPN0823781Local Company : Dermedex Pte LtdManufacturer : Godefroy DiffusionCountry of Manufacture :FranceReason for Recall : Contained Dexamethasone Acetate

http://www.hsa.gov.s...ning_Cream.html

Edited by sparkee, 15 August 2009 - 10:16 AM.

#2 cckl83

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

wow...scary...i had been stopped this few months...
it's so miraculous when i used it...my skin so fair n acne reduce...but after i stopped,all acne come bek seriously break out...now saw this news,as i plan to buy bek,now no more....

#3 bebybret

Infant Babe

• MYB Babe
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:24 AM

wow.... thanx for sharing...

#4 *~YuMikO~*

Infant Babe

• MYB Babe
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

gosh, I better check the batch no. of the bottle i bought for my bf.
I use this refining cream beforebut it was not working on me. Besides, i thought they had changed their packaging/?
My Signature

SIY PROMOTION

slimityourself@yahoo.com

www.ecobeautystore.blogspot.com

#5 sparkee

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (*~YuMikO~* @ Aug 16 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
gosh, I better check the batch no. of the bottle i bought for my bf.
I use this refining cream beforebut it was not working on me. Besides, i thought they had changed their packaging/?

No point checking the batch number. Cos they changed the packaging and texture of the cream just to disguise their crime. But they still put the steriod in the cream.

Also the even educate the beauticians to tell us that the steriod that they put in the cream is indeed ban in Singapore but however not banned in Malaysia.

So u guys, pls be a bit smart. Dun get easily con by Dermedex cos your health is at risk.

#6 rainygal

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (sparkee @ Aug 16 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No point checking the batch number. Cos they changed the packaging and texture of the cream just to disguise their crime. But they still put the steriod in the cream.

Also the even educate the beauticians to tell us that the steriod that they put in the cream is indeed ban in Singapore but however not banned in Malaysia.

So u guys, pls be a bit smart. Dun get easily con by Dermedex cos your health is at risk.

omg,i been using tis 4 1 years....now i change to herbaline,my face get more serious

#7 bebybret

Infant Babe

• MYB Babe
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:11 AM

where you get this product?
thanx god i dint get my chance to used it... cause im do anything for beauty,. i could try it...
now NOT ANYMORE LOL.... im LUCKY... ohmy.gif

#8 ATok

NewBorn Babe

• MYB Babe
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

They have changed their packaging after the recall...

If you checked the forum in SG, few users have experienced skin sensitivity & tiny bumps after usage of the new packaged products..

I am just like you bebybret, I like to try anything and everything, unfortunately I have this product a try even though I knew it has been banned before (cant believe a reputable beauty saloon is selling this beside their famous brand)...just to see how miracle it is..yeah, it really works like miracle, it clear up all the redness of extraction after facial..However, after I have tried for 2 weeks, here come my problem..I have those tiny bumps breakouts as well...so, now I am in my quest of looking for a good dermatologist again...

#9 sweetie belle

NewBorn Babe

• MYB Babe
  • Pip
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

a year ago, i been to a facial saloon, where their boss, is a lady la...into me this dermedex thing...waow!!! she claim that the product as if its god-made one...errr..i do feel like giving it a try but!!!! i see their prices...quite pricy le...so, i decide to gave up on that product~~~luckily!!! god save me!!!kakakaka...=)

#10 mengher

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

OMG... i just bought the challenge pack last week.. & start use today...

is it challenge pack also affected by it?????

#11 sparkee

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (mengher @ Aug 17 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG... i just bought the challenge pack last week.. & start use today...

is it challenge pack also affected by it?????

Not tryin to be rude here but I think u are simply asking the obvious here. Of course your challenge pack contain steroids too. Just dun be too naive larrr. Sigh

#12 sparkee

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:19 PM

i called up the Dermedex HQ in Singapore to enquire about the BANNED Biotox Refining Cream.

I cun believe what they told me.

They said that Dexamethasone is banned in Singapore but not banned in Malaysia.

I then called up the Bureau of Pharmeutical Malaysia and they commented that NO steriods or drugs are allowed in Cosmetic Products especially dexamethasone.

I tell you these Dermedex bas***** are really too much. Fooling around with our health.

Sory mind my word. So you guys, BEWARE!

#13 arielle

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

hey sparkee, have u tried dermedex before? wonder why they still widely sell and advertised in salons and magazine (sisters). Shall we file a report to the health goverment about this dermedex?????

#14 ATok

NewBorn Babe

• MYB Babe
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

I cant find this ingredient being listed in their new packaging....But I know that this was one of the ingredient in their old banned product.

#15 arielle

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

hey, got the info saying it was an article printing problem that causing all the misunderstanding about this product. they have been verifying this problem already. guess now is safe to use.

#16 ATok

NewBorn Babe

• MYB Babe
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:10 AM

The ingredient is in the old product, cant find them listed in the new product.

#17 sparkee

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (arielle @ Aug 23 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey, got the info saying it was an article printing problem that causing all the misunderstanding about this product. they have been verifying this problem already. guess now is safe to use.

Dear arielle,

So sorry to say this:- but I think u are either STUPID, DUMB or TOO SIMPLE MINDED.

Who told you it is printing problem? COME ON. So are you telling us that the Singapore Government ban the product becos of printing problem?

It was written clearly that Dermedex product contain Dexamethasone Acetate which is a steroid and steriods cannot be part of an ingredient in cosmetic products.

So what printing error are you talking about?

So unless u have low IQ, cun comprehend English or probably you are selling or distributing Dermedex products, please dun deceive the readers here.

Cos we are already FEDUP with unscrupulous poeple like these Dermedex people and also people like you who dun seemed to know anything but give stupid comments here.

BTW just to inform you, i have already file this case with the Health Sciences Authority, Singapore and the Ministry of Health Malaysia and they will take action against Dermedex very soon. And they are now currently testing all the Dermedex products.

So let's see who is telling the truth here.

#18 ATok

NewBorn Babe

• MYB Babe
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

The old one has been banned...but they have repackaged the product and without the illegal ingredient list selling in both Msia & SG..

It will take ages for the so-called actions to happen in here...see they have new packaging now...later they might just change their brand name...

This is a free forum..everyone has the right to voice, be it stupid or brilliant...

#19 sparkee

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (ATok @ Aug 24 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The old one has been banned...but they have repackaged the product and without the illegal ingredient list selling in both Msia & SG..

It will take ages for the so-called actions to happen in here...see they have new packaging now...later they might just change their brand name...

This is a free forum..everyone has the right to voice, be it stupid or brilliant...

Sometimes we cun really blame the law enforcers. Cos law violators will always act faster. Ultimately, we have to blame ourselves as consumers becos we are the one that created the market.

But whats worse is that, most Malaysian consumers are just too shallow, simple minded and incompetent.

This really frustrates me!

BTW there are already many cases of Refining Cream users developing rashes or breakouts are using the NEWLY PACKAGED Refining Cream. I happen to be one of them!

So for some of you just go ahead and use it. And see what happens!

#20 jessand

NewBorn Babe

• MYB Babe
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

thanks for all the info babes,appreciate!!! pls don't argue or scold ppl in the forum. forum is meant for sharing. cheers..

#21 ceres

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:46 AM

Apparently this product line has been added such ingredients.
If u refer to the recall list of 2009 there are two more products being recalled due to this steroid.
One thing to remind those who insist that this product DOES NOT contain steroid, if u got MIRACULOUS effect from an product in a short period, there most probably has ingredients that can harm our face (body).
Sometimes things which those salons or so called beauticians recommended are not necessary GOOD (in terms of side effect). They are not scientists or chemists or those professional which really understand the chemicals.
And they EARN MONEY through selling these products. The from another side... When u are the seller would u tell your customer this product contains this and that which potentially harm our skin?

#22 lcyee86

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

can anyone tell me, what side effect for challege pack, if i try to use it?cos i juz buy it today. is my relative intro to me.

#23 sparkee

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:28 PM

when u use the refining cream in the challenge pack, your problem will subside in 3-4 days becos the steriods in the cream will surpress your skin problem.

The cream will surpress only not solve your skin problem.

The problem is once you stop using the dermedex products, your skin conditions will become worse than before start using. Will break out even worse than before.

Long term use of steriods will also cause harm to your body depending on the types of steriods.

#24 bonafide

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

Hi there peeps,

Just wondering, is Dermedex the same as Derma RX?
here's Derma Rx website in case you guys need a ref http://www.derma-rx.com

Thanks!

#25 arielle

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

SPARKEE,

Pls mind ur word! U dont have to agree with me or others,but please accept others opinion too as how adults accept it.Do not post any insulting remarks or attacks on other members like how u alyways do in every other forum which u posted before. Please behave and mind ur langauge.Thanks.
I would not come back to this topic!

#26 mybeautysolution

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

wah.. this really scare lo... again..ppls always say, this too effective skincare normally will have some banned chemical.. be careful girl

#27 sparkee

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (arielle @ Sep 14 2009, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SPARKEE,

Pls mind ur word! U dont have to agree with me or others,but please accept others opinion too as how adults accept it.Do not post any insulting remarks or attacks on other members like how u alyways do in every other forum which u posted before. Please behave and mind ur langauge.Thanks.
I would not come back to this topic!

I am very straight forward with my comments cos whatever i post here are facts.

I cun satisfy every ear. So if u feel offended, u can also choose not to read. No one is forcing u!

I am just trying to knock senses and reminding all readers here.

Naming out all those unscrupulous skincare brands out there that uses banned ingredients and also techniques which is definitely not the best way to treat certain skin types.

I hope no one is really interested in heresay (comments)

I hope you are all more interested in facts, that can protect your life!

So if you feel offended, just beat it!

#28 meimei91

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:24 AM

i check many review about refining cream... more than 98% ppl said tat tis cream are amazing.. i wonder y sparkee keep make an objection.. isit de cream contain steroid ?? sparkee !! hav u found any prove ?? show me pls

#29 sparkee

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (meimei91 @ Oct 30 2009, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i check many review about refining cream... more than 98% ppl said tat tis cream are amazing.. i wonder y sparkee keep make an objection.. isit de cream contain steroid ?? sparkee !! hav u found any prove ?? show me pls

Dear Mei Mei91,

Very very simple. Why not you go into the HSA Singapore Goverment webpage. Send an email to them or even call them.

Ask them whats wrong with the Dermedex refining cream.

Currently they are even investigating the company cos so much complains in Singapore.

Aiyo my fren, please grow up.

Please dun keep on askin the same question again. Just do your own homework.

#30 wIkIwI

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (meimei91 @ Oct 30 2009, 02:24 AM) i check many review about refining cream... more than 98% ppl said tat tis cream are amazing.. i wonder y sparkee keep make an objection.. isit de cream contain steroid ?? sparkee !! hav u found any prove ?? show me pls

Dear Mei Mei91,

Very very simple. Why not you go into the HSA Singapore Goverment webpage. Send an email to them or even call them.

Ask them whats wrong with the Dermedex refining cream.

Currently they are even investigating the company cos so much complains in Singapore.

Aiyo my fren, please grow up.

Please dun keep on askin the same question again. Just do your own homework.

Hmm...track has gone cold for a while on Dermedex. Did my homework, went to the website too. Apparently, there were no further updates of this product recall after March 2009. Also looking for the contact information (email / phone #) to call them tomorrow morning. In the mean time, i also have testimony for this product :)
I innocently bought the challenge pack about a year ago. It worked like wonders to me. Didn't buy the big pack mainly due to the same reasons: price slightly on the steep side, and a tiny hint of discomfort due to the rumored steroid content. (it was not so widely/officially announced you see).
I came across another recommendation of this recently & knowing the efficacy, i got the challenge pack again. Still worked wonders on me. Stopped using it
for more than a week now. My face is still (touch wood) doing fine (look at the hour now!). So it defused some claims of skin worsening after stopping. (dejavu: SKII ?)
Anyways, while waiting for Sherley Holmes to do her research with the HSA &/or the relevant parties, let's subdue the panic slightly first, shall we?
Not in the mood to go to the full length of holes in the claims. Let's just cut straight to the top point.

As claimed in the HSA website (so far, the only [reliable] website that lay the ban), this product was indeed banned. The details of ban was indeed as posted by sparkee in the initial post. But what does the Class 2 recall means anyway? After a simple scroll of the mouse (read: unbiased, homework well done), Class 2 recall is defined as follows (copied directly from the same site - just read all the way to the end. Don't be lazy girls *grin*):

Class 2 recall is initiated when the problem or defect is unlikely to cause serious harm to users. Some examples of defects that will result in a Class 2 recall include products with minor labelling errors or products which fail to meet product specification or pharmacopoeia standards but are likely to cause minimal hazard to users.

Now, read the last line carefully: "...but are likely to cause minimal hazard to users." IAnd that may only be possibility. A product is also recalled under Class 2 recall for minor labelling errors. Plus, it's minimal hazard, girls. Fire is a hazard. Let's eat our food raw. Oh no, wait, there is potential of salmonella. Let's sterilise it with alcohol. Oh no, wait again. Alcohol is also hazardous! What should we do?! Ok ok, that was uncalled for *shame*.

What I am trying to convey here is that, it may be banned probably due 101 reasons (labelling error, does not meet product specification - for marketing it as beauty product instead of herbal product for instance etc.). Let's not jump into conclusion & seal the coffin.
If you are a risk taker, try it out at your own risk. If you are on the other side of the ball, stay behind the line & watch. If it's safe, then proceed to use. Otherwise, you've got nothing to lose (except maybe a few months/years of wait). No biggie.

Chill girls :)