Sign in to follow this  
sparkee

DERMEDEX - REFINING CREAM - BANNED

Recall No :PR090008Date : 11 February 2009Name of Product : Dermedex Biotox Refining CreamBatch No :15082008HExpiry Date :15082011Pack Size : 30ml per bottleClass of Recall : 2Level of Recall : Retail Product Notification No :CCPN0823781Local Company : Dermedex Pte LtdManufacturer : Godefroy DiffusionCountry of Manufacture :FranceReason for Recall : Contained Dexamethasone Acetate

http://www.hsa.gov.sg/publish/hsaportal/en...ning_Cream.html Edited by sparkee

wow...scary...i had been stopped this few months...
it's so miraculous when i used it...my skin so fair n acne reduce...but after i stopped,all acne come bek seriously break out...now saw this news,as i plan to buy bek,now no more....

gosh, I better check the batch no. of the bottle i bought for my bf.
I use this refining cream beforebut it was not working on me. Besides, i thought they had changed their packaging/?

QUOTE (*~YuMikO~* @ Aug 16 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
gosh, I better check the batch no. of the bottle i bought for my bf.
I use this refining cream beforebut it was not working on me. Besides, i thought they had changed their packaging/?

No point checking the batch number. Cos they changed the packaging and texture of the cream just to disguise their crime. But they still put the steriod in the cream.

Also the even educate the beauticians to tell us that the steriod that they put in the cream is indeed ban in Singapore but however not banned in Malaysia.

So u guys, pls be a bit smart. Dun get easily con by Dermedex cos your health is at risk.

QUOTE (sparkee @ Aug 16 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No point checking the batch number. Cos they changed the packaging and texture of the cream just to disguise their crime. But they still put the steriod in the cream.

Also the even educate the beauticians to tell us that the steriod that they put in the cream is indeed ban in Singapore but however not banned in Malaysia.

So u guys, pls be a bit smart. Dun get easily con by Dermedex cos your health is at risk.

omg,i been using tis 4 1 years....now i change to herbaline,my face get more serious

where you get this product?
thanx god i dint get my chance to used it... cause im do anything for beauty,. i could try it...
now NOT ANYMORE LOL.... im LUCKY... ohmy.gif

They have changed their packaging after the recall...

If you checked the forum in SG, few users have experienced skin sensitivity & tiny bumps after usage of the new packaged products..

I am just like you bebybret, I like to try anything and everything, unfortunately I have this product a try even though I knew it has been banned before (cant believe a reputable beauty saloon is selling this beside their famous brand)...just to see how miracle it is..yeah, it really works like miracle, it clear up all the redness of extraction after facial..However, after I have tried for 2 weeks, here come my problem..I have those tiny bumps breakouts as well...so, now I am in my quest of looking for a good dermatologist again...

a year ago, i been to a facial saloon, where their boss, is a lady la...into me this dermedex thing...waow!!! she claim that the product as if its god-made one...errr..i do feel like giving it a try but!!!! i see their prices...quite pricy le...so, i decide to gave up on that product~~~luckily!!! god save me!!!kakakaka...=)

QUOTE (mengher @ Aug 17 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG... i just bought the challenge pack last week.. & start use today...

is it challenge pack also affected by it?????

Not tryin to be rude here but I think u are simply asking the obvious here. Of course your challenge pack contain steroids too. Just dun be too naive larrr. Sigh

i called up the Dermedex HQ in Singapore to enquire about the BANNED Biotox Refining Cream.

I cun believe what they told me.

They said that Dexamethasone is banned in Singapore but not banned in Malaysia.

I then called up the Bureau of Pharmeutical Malaysia and they commented that NO steriods or drugs are allowed in Cosmetic Products especially dexamethasone.

I tell you these Dermedex bas***** are really too much. Fooling around with our health.

Sory mind my word. So you guys, BEWARE!

hey sparkee, have u tried dermedex before? wonder why they still widely sell and advertised in salons and magazine (sisters). Shall we file a report to the health goverment about this dermedex?????

I cant find this ingredient being listed in their new packaging....But I know that this was one of the ingredient in their old banned product.

hey, got the info saying it was an article printing problem that causing all the misunderstanding about this product. they have been verifying this problem already. guess now is safe to use.

QUOTE (arielle @ Aug 23 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey, got the info saying it was an article printing problem that causing all the misunderstanding about this product. they have been verifying this problem already. guess now is safe to use.

Dear arielle,

So sorry to say this:- but I think u are either STUPID, DUMB or TOO SIMPLE MINDED.

Who told you it is printing problem? COME ON. So are you telling us that the Singapore Government ban the product becos of printing problem?

It was written clearly that Dermedex product contain Dexamethasone Acetate which is a steroid and steriods cannot be part of an ingredient in cosmetic products.

So what printing error are you talking about?

So unless u have low IQ, cun comprehend English or probably you are selling or distributing Dermedex products, please dun deceive the readers here.

Cos we are already FEDUP with unscrupulous poeple like these Dermedex people and also people like you who dun seemed to know anything but give stupid comments here.

BTW just to inform you, i have already file this case with the Health Sciences Authority, Singapore and the Ministry of Health Malaysia and they will take action against Dermedex very soon. And they are now currently testing all the Dermedex products.

So let's see who is telling the truth here.

The old one has been banned...but they have repackaged the product and without the illegal ingredient list selling in both Msia & SG..

It will take ages for the so-called actions to happen in here...see they have new packaging now...later they might just change their brand name...

This is a free forum..everyone has the right to voice, be it stupid or brilliant...

QUOTE (ATok @ Aug 24 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The old one has been banned...but they have repackaged the product and without the illegal ingredient list selling in both Msia & SG..

It will take ages for the so-called actions to happen in here...see they have new packaging now...later they might just change their brand name...

This is a free forum..everyone has the right to voice, be it stupid or brilliant...

Sometimes we cun really blame the law enforcers. Cos law violators will always act faster. Ultimately, we have to blame ourselves as consumers becos we are the one that created the market.

But whats worse is that, most Malaysian consumers are just too shallow, simple minded and incompetent.

This really frustrates me!

BTW there are already many cases of Refining Cream users developing rashes or breakouts are using the NEWLY PACKAGED Refining Cream. I happen to be one of them!

So for some of you just go ahead and use it. And see what happens!

Apparently this product line has been added such ingredients.
If u refer to the recall list of 2009 there are two more products being recalled due to this steroid.
One thing to remind those who insist that this product DOES NOT contain steroid, if u got MIRACULOUS effect from an product in a short period, there most probably has ingredients that can harm our face (body).
Sometimes things which those salons or so called beauticians recommended are not necessary GOOD (in terms of side effect). They are not scientists or chemists or those professional which really understand the chemicals.
And they EARN MONEY through selling these products. The from another side... When u are the seller would u tell your customer this product contains this and that which potentially harm our skin?

when u use the refining cream in the challenge pack, your problem will subside in 3-4 days becos the steriods in the cream will surpress your skin problem.

The cream will surpress only not solve your skin problem.

The problem is once you stop using the dermedex products, your skin conditions will become worse than before start using. Will break out even worse than before.

Long term use of steriods will also cause harm to your body depending on the types of steriods.

SPARKEE,

Pls mind ur word! U dont have to agree with me or others,but please accept others opinion too as how adults accept it.Do not post any insulting remarks or attacks on other members like how u alyways do in every other forum which u posted before. Please behave and mind ur langauge.Thanks.
I would not come back to this topic!