Sign in to follow this  
Curious

Professional Nail Courses

Dear all,

As my previous post did not get any reply, hope some1 can help me here. I need a little bit of help on professional nail courses. But first, how do u become a nail tech? Once completed a course in a particular academy, can you work for other nail salons too? I have researched on a few academies thru the Internet n this is wat I've got so far:

1. JJ nails - NFU-oh certificate
2. Mabelle Enterprise - Young Nails
3. The Colour Box Academy - Christrio

They claimed to be offering international certificate. The certs are for a particular brand, hence does that mean you can only work with these brands?

Any1 working or learning as a nail tech? would appreciate it if someone could help clarify this n also recommend some academies. Thx!

There is an upcoming convention in May 2010 at KLCC. You can try searching for good nail courses to take up there.
The above nail academies are only some of options available. Look through carefully and talk to the consultants there to get a better picture.
As to being able to work at the nail salons, well I think that they are more selective towards their staffs. If you have potential, I gather they might take you.
More importantly is getting a basic foundation that you can learn and learn the right thing.

Cheers.

Hi i'm looking for a few trainees that can perform basic manicure - shaping, filing, remove cuticle, buffing, apply nail polish. Its for 2 weeks beginning of Oct from 9am to 9pm. RM120 per day. all tools and supplies provided. If you have your own, then can pay slightly more.

Please call me at 016-2095536 if you are interested.

[quote name='Curious' date='29 July 2009 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1248840598' post='564815']
Dear all,

As my previous post did not get any reply, hope some1 can help me here. I need a little bit of help on professional nail courses. But first, how do u become a nail tech? Once completed a course in a particular academy, can you work for other nail salons too? I have researched on a few academies thru the Internet n this is wat I've got so far:

[b]1. JJ nails - NFU-oh certificate
2. Mabelle Enterprise - Young Nails
3. The Colour Box Academy - Christrio
[/b]
They claimed to be offering international certificate. The certs are for a particular brand, hence does that mean you can only work with these brands?

Any1 working or learning as a nail tech? would appreciate it if someone could help clarify this n also recommend some academies. Thx!
[/quote]

I am student of Professional Nail Courses2, it such a very best and superb course. You can learn it from web or online also. Also you can learn it from home also, it is very best course for health.

[quote name='sherryjonshon' timestamp='1300873957' post='594317']
I am student of Professional Nail Courses2, it such a very best and superb course. You can learn it from web or online also. Also you can learn it from home also, it is very best course for health.
[/quote]

Hi can you share the academy contact no? My wife is interested to take up some professional courses for nail art.

Many thanks!

Hi, 
becoming a nail technician is one of the good choice. I am licensed Nail Technician with 10 years experienced. To be qualified as a professional Nail Technician in Southern California, you must: 
Must be at least 17 years old 
Must have a high school diploma or GED 
Must have graduated from a state-licensed cosmetology program with 600 Nail Technician School Hours (1200 Apprenticeship Hours) 
Must have passed the state licensing exam.