Sign in to follow this  
ferrarihotbabe

Over-Qualified??

Have you ever been rejected for a job because you're overqualified? One of my friends actually been rejected because of that reason and he has to 'lie' to the employer that he actually only has diploma, instead of bachelor degree..

huh? you mean that he has a degree but lie that he has only a diploma? huh.gif

nowadays a lot of graduates (degree holders) around, so its hard to secure a job if you are picky rolleyes.gif

hahah... i've heard of ppl with Masters being over-qualified... but never ppl with Bachelor... tongue.gif

yes, that might happen. coz company might think you lower down your qualification to get this job just because you need one urgently and you might change job soon once you found another company that can pay to up to your standard. so normal interviewer will play safe by selecting a "suitable" one rather than a very good one, coz if they cant keep your or not afford to keep you, is waste of their time also.

Oh yeah gal.. that happens all the time

because the company doesn't think that they can afford to pay the person with that degree the reasonable amount and dind't want them to work and then when they find better opportunity and leave the company leaving them in a mess.

Mostly this happens because of the living standard and education standard that are around the area. It happens so very often that people don't talk much about that no more.

yeah, my previous training rejected one guy because it seems he was too qualified for the post. He wanted to work as a housekeeper but he's a diploma or a degree holder im not sure bout that. Reason: over-qualified as they only employ aunties to work as once he find a proper job he will leave tha place and all those cost on his training will burn just like that as well as the hotel doesnt have that much money to employ him. tongue.gif

i always saw those job ads like hiring a clerk, qualification stpm/diploma/degree wan leh.. actually STPM is enough but they add on diploma and degree, are they demanding? unsure.gif

Yea, I also saw this... Sumtimes d salary stated r also not high but d demand 4 qualification is so high... sad.gif

On d other hand, I saw classifieds statin 4 SPM fresh grads, d salary seems quite attractive, no experience needed summor provide trainin... R these con ads? unsure.giftongue.gif

On d other hand, I saw classifieds statin 4 SPM fresh grads, d salary seems quite attractive, no experience needed summor provide trainin... R these con ads? unsure.giftongue.gif

hmm...actually my friend now is having traning in Public Bank for 3 week and he is a fresh graduate ....but the most beautiful part is he get pay while he is under traning ....and the 3 week traning he get pay for 2k which is going to be his monthly salary next time ...so nice wink.gif and guess what he is just a fresh graduate ....so jealous

dry.gif So envy...

tongue.gif no need to jealous ...kekeke coz we willl get batter pay then my friend ah kakaka tongue.gif

hahah... i've heard of ppl with Masters being over-qualified... but never ppl with Bachelor... tongue.gif

Yeh, that's what's weird.... He's still working in Singapore with his diploma qualification with diploma standard of salary~~ Poor him~~

i always saw those job ads like hiring a clerk, qualification stpm/diploma/degree wan leh.. actually STPM is enough but they add on diploma and degree, are they demanding? unsure.gif

Yeah, sometimes some companies required big degrees for simple jobs.. i guess it depends on how big the companies are and how their financial status are.. Hmm~~

hmmm... yar hor... i totally forgot about those jobs where dun need paper qualifications... in that case then bachelor degree also will b considered over-qualified!

also those kiam-siap companies who will only hire freshies and non graduates so that they no need to pay so much (but still expect a lot from the candidates, d-u-h!!)