Sign in to follow this  
d3vil doll

Vegetarian?

I'm a vegan by choice smile.gif
Any more babes here as well?

Hippo, elephant, cow, sheep are bigger size, has more fat and cholesterol in their meat, and are vegetarian. Not sure by going vegetarian can lower weight or reduce cholesterol?  doh.gif

QUOTE (icemanfx @ Jun 29 2009, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going vegetarian to stay slim?

Nop,not for slimming purpose but I somehow feel disgusted that I chew on animals meat >.<
What bout u?a vegan as well?

QUOTE (parrotsim @ Jun 30 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes i am~~no egg,no milk,onion, meat for me now..but i am telling my mum that i need meat,so perhap i will soon become a 'carnivore' again ahaha

Meat crave?And the vegan artificial meat just wont do justice to ur cravings I guess? tongue.gif

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Jul 1 2009, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meat crave?And the vegan artificial meat just wont do justice to ur cravings I guess? tongue.gif

not really..we have turned into vegetarian too suddenly, which is why sometimes i found that i am a little bit uncomfortable,physically i mean..my dad as well,he looks kinda pale,we used to eat everything, but after my mom heard what her cousin said, she insisted we have to be vegetarian, kind of supertitious..but i am a very active person and i love sports, plus i have joined the martial art class again, so without meat, i feel very tired in doing everything..the worst part is i cant even concentrate on my studies lately, i always feel very sleepy in my class,sometimes i really sleep even when my friends talk to me, and my lecturers said my result drops a little bit..while waiting for the traffic light to turn into green color, i can easily fall asleep as well and i always feel headache and need to go to bed very early to recharge my energy hahax..my mum has cook some soya food, but no helps, so for my own good, it is better for me to take some meats again~i would try to speak with my mum and then i can have meat outside everyday,i kind of missing kfc haha~

QUOTE (parrotsim @ Jul 1 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not really..we have turned into vegetarian too suddenly, which is why sometimes i found that i am a little bit uncomfortable,physically i mean..my dad as well,he looks kinda pale,we used to eat everything, but after my mom heard what her cousin said, she insisted we have to be vegetarian, kind of supertitious..

For your well being, suggest you to take meat outside. As long as your mum or her counsin doesn't knows should be fine.

only on vegetarian once or twice a month when i feel like eating....I usually have it at the vegetarian restaurant out there...but some time i do find these dishes are much oilier than the food i used to have... lookaround.gif

not really..we have turned into vegetarian too suddenly, which is why sometimes i found that i am a little bit uncomfortable,physically i mean..my dad as well,he looks kinda pale,we used to eat everything, but after my mom heard what her cousin said, she insisted we have to be vegetarian, kind of supertitious..but i am a very active person and i love sports, plus i have joined the martial art class again, so without meat, i feel very tired in doing everything..the worst part is i cant even concentrate on my studies lately, i always feel very sleepy in my class,sometimes i really sleep even when my friends talk to me, and my lecturers said my result drops a little bit..while waiting for the traffic light to turn into green color, i can easily fall asleep as well and i always feel headache and need to go to bed very early to recharge my energy hahax..my mum has cook some soya food, but no helps, so for my own good, it is better for me to take some meats again~i would try to speak with my mum and then i can have meat outside everyday,i kind of missing kfc haha~

could have incorporated more iron and protein rich diet then.

wow..I guess it's the sudden change to veggies that made you feel tired. I think anyone who wants to be a vegetarian should do it slowly. Like first ommiting read meat, then chicken then seafood altogether. Maybe that might help? But in my opinion, being a vegetarian should be by your own choice. Noone should force it on to yourself. I know its hard since you stilll live with your family. Like you said, try talking to your mum about eating meat.

As for me, I'm a meat eater through and through. I love meat smile.gif

QUOTE (blackangel00 @ Jul 4 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dun like meats.
especially the real chicken.hate porks too..
prefer vegetarian!!=))

OMG I hate pork the most.The smell,the taste,the texture is plain disgusting puke.gif
Can recall whens the last time pork passes thru my mouth laughing.gif

And I will get pissy whenver I met some idiot brainless insensitive hawkers.When I tell them not to put pork slices in my food they pisses me off by saying ''u married a Malay and converted to Islam already izit?Chinese dont want to admit Chinese and being chinese u MUST eat pork ''
I was like WTF furious.gif fyou.gif ranting.gif

usually i eat pork chicken fish. but right now I only eat fish and vegetables (to lose weight).
However, I occasionally go meatless for days..weeks.. to a month , few times a year, depends on my mood. lol. no one force or tell me to do it. Even my mom and auntie all salutes my randomness (no vegetarians in my family at all so kinda hard to do it especially eating at home).

I tried eating those artificial meat, I put on weight instead.Artificial meat are all quite fattening,oily and unhealthy.
why become vegetarian but still eat artificial meat???? The texture and taste all are 60% similar...curbing cravings for meat through that way ?

so like when I do decide to suddenly become vegetarian, its usually pure veggies, boiled steam or stirfry. no artificial meat/dishes. It was quite tough, but I did it for a month before (longest). Family all usually cook at home, and the only vegetables available are the pure veggies..hence the fish eating for protein.

I fully agreed with Mic darlin9.. I put on weight when i have those artificial meat at vegetarian restaurant. I personally had the same thinking too. I don see any point if someone who r a vegetarian but on artificial meat...

I fully agreed with Mic darlin9.. I put on weight when i have those artificial meat at vegetarian restaurant. I personally had the same thinking too. I don see any point if someone who r a vegetarian but on artificial meat...

[quote name='d3vil doll' date='23 August 2009 - 04:39 AM' timestamp='1250973585' post='568051']
QUOTE (blackangel00 @ Jul 4 2009, 01:07 PM) i dun like meats.
especially the real chicken.hate porks too..
prefer vegetarian!!=))

OMG I hate pork the most.The smell,the taste,the texture is plain disgusting [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif[/img]
Can recall whens the last time pork passes thru my mouth [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif[/img]

And I will get pissy whenver I met some idiot brainless insensitive hawkers.When I tell them not to put pork slices in my food they pisses me off by saying ''u married a Malay and converted to Islam already izit?Chinese dont want to admit Chinese and being chinese u MUST eat pork ''
I was like WTF [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/furious.gif[/img] [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/fyou.gif[/img] [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/ranting.gif[/img]

[/quote]

Tell them you are vegetarian. Dun use the word pork, use the word meat. But anyway you do look abit like Malay also :lol:

[quote name='mic.darlin9' date='04 December 2009 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1259902977' post='576296']
usually i eat pork chicken fish. but right now I only eat fish and vegetables (to lose weight).  
[/quote]

To lose weight, one need to control the amount of calories intake. Becoming vegetarian but keep taking same amount of rice, noodle, etc won’t lose weight. Believe Low Carb diet is more effective, healthy and long lasting.

If by becoming vegetarian can lose weight, why most monks and nuns are overweight? e.g. fo guang san.

:rolleyes:

well. i guess many ppl outside got some misunderstood of vegetarian food that present in market now. yes, vegetarian are more to vegetables and fruits. i'm a vegetarian, and usually i take vegetables, bean curd and fruits in my meals. with various vegetables can design to many kind of special delicious dishes. no doubt that there is a lot "artificial vegetarian meat" in the market, i guess the purpose is just want to encourage ppl to eat vegetarian. cause some of the ppl when they started to practice as vegetarian, they will feel difficult to change their eating habit. so those "artificial vegetarian meat" is just want to encourage ppl. i believe for those already practice vegetarian for long term, they will choose more on fruits and vegetables as their meals.

practice vegetarian is not for slim, it is a good healthy diet and good for environment, if everybody go VEG, global warming can be control. there is a lot benefits to becoming a vegetarian~

Our earliest ancestor was the ape-like Australopithecus. 

Australopithecus had a large belly containing a big large-intestine, essential to digest the robust plant matter, and had large, flat teeth which it used for grinding and crushing tough vegetation. 

Without cooking, an average person would have to eat around five kilos of raw food to get enough calories to survive. 

The daily mountain of fruit and vegetables would mean a six-hour chewing marathon.
It was Australopithecus that moved out of the trees and onto the African savannah, and started to eat the animals that grazed there. 

The eating of meat ties in with an evolutionary shift 2.3 million years ago resulting in a more human-looking ancestor with sharper teeth and a 30% bigger brain, called Homo habilis.

Meat - a more concentrated form of energy - not only meant bigger brains for our ancestors, but also an end to the need to devote nearly all their time to foraging to maintain energy levels. 

The brain consumes 20% of a person's energy while sitting 

The most momentous shift however, happened 1.8 million years ago when Homo erectus - our first "truly human" ancestor arrived on the scene. 

Homo erectus had an even bigger brain, smaller jaws and teeth. 

Erectus also had a similar body shape to us. Shorter arms and longer legs appeared, and gone was the large vegetable-processing gut, meaning that Erectus could not only walk upright, but could also run.