Sign in to follow this  
sexymum

Why everyone hate mlm?

I just wonder why almost everyone hate direct selling and mlm? Whats wrong with this companies sigh unsure.gif Off course everything that is good and bad. For me insurance also direct selling why nobody boycott them? I have this experience when people call me to arrange for an interview, the first question they ask will be <Is this a direct selling company?> Whats wrong with it? I believe all business have their way to market their product. As long as they do it according to law. Do they think tat this kind of company will not sustain for long? Who can guarantee rite? Even big corporation like Bank of England, AIG aslo can go bankrupt, what do you think ha!

1)over priced products
2) ponzi scheme
3) irritating
4) marketing of these companies is pushing products

this is my opinion, not to stir fights. also, how can you compare AIG to direct selling? just like some people say, dropouts also can be successful and the very famous person is bill gates. but actually, how many dropouts are successful? we have to accept the fact that for normal people, education is a must.

and in this case, no matter how mlm people defend their own companies, they have to accept the fact that, the products are overpriced, the people who are the first few in a mlm company only get to make money, the distributors are irritating calling you every now and then as if you owe them money, and once you join you end up with load full of products. yes, there are successful people in mlm too, but what? 5% of the total members? yes mlm companies operate by law, but too bad people just dont like it.

if you ask mi to work for a mlm company that has a mere .05 probability of success, i would rather work for a MNC that offers mi steady income stream than pushing products. if i was working for AIG, too bad the company had difficulties, but STILL it is too big to fail. if they retrench mi, at least, i could put AIG on my CV. if i put some mlm company on my CV, no one would recognize it.

and did BoE went bankrupt?

QUOTE (kaka @ Jun 19 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1)over priced products
2) ponzi scheme
3) irritating

this is my opinion, not to stir fights. also, how can you compare AIG to direct selling? just like some people say, dropouts also can be successful and the very famous person is bill gates. but actually, how many dropouts are successful? we have to accept the fact that for normal people, education is a must.

and in this case, no matter how mlm people defend their own companies, they have to accept the fact that, the products are overpriced, the people who are the first few in a mlm company only get to make money, the distributors are irritating calling you every now and then as if you owe them money, and once you join you end up with load full of products. yes, there are successful people in mlm too, but what? 5% of the total members? yes mlm companies operate by law, but too bad people just dont like it.

if you ask mi to work for a mlm company that has a mere .05 probability of success, i would rather work for a MNC that offers mi steady income stream than pushing products. if i was working for AIG, too bad the company had difficulties, but STILL it is too big to fail. if they retrench mi, at least, i could put AIG on my CV. if i put some mlm company on my CV, no one would recognize it.

QUOTE (kaka @ Jun 19 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1)over priced products
2) ponzi scheme
3) irritating

agreed.all the "reason" given to defend themselves are just excuses really.

Ya what u said i agree only some like pricy. If you are in mlm, that is your own business, in your CV you will write that you are a boss in a company dealing in xxxx product. Your downlines is your staffs. You cant blame them for pushy. Put yourself in their shoes or just imagine if you are in sales department and have to hit a certain target in order to keep your job if not you will be sacked. Amway is here for 50 years how do the company sustain? Cosway is more than 30 years. I am sure that there is also good company out there the only thing is the members break the law cos they want to make money. It is unfair to kill all the mlm company. Dun AIG has agent to sell the product for them? They have agency manager, unit manager, supervisor and agent. All this consider 4 levels. We are not talking about working as a staff at mlm company, if AIG dun have agent to sell their product how do they pay the employee salaries smile.gif I also experiences like bank credit card keep calling me to sell me insurance then also hotel called to sell the hotel membership. They also very pushy. Same same if they are all do sales they have to be pushy otherwise no salary for them or they might loss their job.

Education is a must of course to make us a better person but opportunity is the one we need. If you are a MBA but is born in 1940 whats the point. Now also grads is like eating vegetable. If you throw a stone, somehow you will kena one graduate. So, times to come there will be full of graduates in the market. But their salary is like a clerk. How long we have to earn enough money for own family and parents to enjoy their life? sad.gif Lucky 15 years unlucky no chance at all.

In order to be successfull in our life, we must be open. Everybody has an equal opportunity when they are borned. The only differrent is whether they dare to change or not. For things to change, you must changed.

My answers are because the products are very overpriced and second is how pushy they are when marketing products. And how do you know no people are boycotting the insurance agents? Just because ppl don't say it doesn't mean they agree with the agents being pushy. If the products are good, the public will buy them, no reason to be pushy.

QUOTE (sexymum @ Jun 19 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wonder why almost everyone hate direct selling and mlm? Whats wrong with this companies sigh unsure.gif Off course everything that is good and bad. For me insurance also direct selling why nobody boycott them? I have this experience when people call me to arrange for an interview, the first question they ask will be <Is this a direct selling company?> Whats wrong with it? I believe all business have their way to market their product. As long as they do it according to law. Do they think tat this kind of company will not sustain for long? Who can guarantee rite? Even big corporation like Bank of England, AIG aslo can go bankrupt, what do you think ha!

I hate MLM because their distributors = stalkers.
OMG >.< They can call u and make various arrangements with u to for the sake of shoving their products to ur face. Sheesh,even after a number of times decline to go their demo,they are so thick faced and keep inviting u to go..Dont those MLM agents know that the reason I turn down their pervious invitation because IM JUST NOT INTERESTED ?

Check out the following link. What do you think about the presentation by Professor Charles King(who receives doctorate in Business Administration from Harvard University) and Tim Sales ( a successful entrepreneur) about their finding on network marketing, which is one of the business models used by many companies nowadays?

http://www.mlm-thewholetruth.com/brilliantcompensation.shtml

james Edited by jameslai

QUOTE (jameslai @ Jun 20 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check out the following link. What do you think about the presentation by Professor Charles King(who receives doctorate in Business Administration from Harvard University) and Tim Sales ( a successful entrepreneur) about their finding on network marketing, which is one of the business models used by many companies nowadays?

http://www.mlm-thewholetruth.com/brilliantcompensation.shtml

james

every organizational architecture has their own pros and cons but there is no one size fit all approach. of course, to the company its good, as minimal management effort is required. if you are successful then dun need to talk so much lah, if you are not? you are the bloody idiot STRAPPED with stocks that nobody wants to buy and only you and your "network" thinks is good. like i said earlier, how many successful people are there? 5% or only .5% of the total members?

i seriously view all mlms as ponzi schemes.

who knows, these mlm companies maybe better off selling their products elsewhere, with a competitive rate instead of living in their own world viewing their products as the best of the best. have you been to any talks? i did, and its like a religion, "Believe in your companies product". zzz. and the people, have you talked or been approach by people doing direct sales? they are like loan sharks!

ps: i dont mean to insult people but this is just my perception.

QUOTE (kaka @ Jun 21 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
every organizational architecture has their own pros and cons but there is no one size fit all approach. of course, to the company its good, as minimal management effort is required. if you are successful then dun need to talk so much lah, if you are not? you are the bloody idiot STRAPPED with stocks that nobody wants to buy and only you and your "network" thinks is good. like i said earlier, how many successful people are there? 5% or only .5% of the total members?

i seriously view all mlms as ponzi schemes.

who knows, these mlm companies maybe better off selling their products elsewhere, with a competitive rate instead of living in their own world viewing their products as the best of the best. have you been to any talks? i did, and its like a religion, "Believe in your companies product". zzz. and the people, have you talked or been approach by people doing direct sales? they are like loan sharks!

ps: i dont mean to insult people but this is just my perception.

Hmm... just my personal opinion... i think you have been having quite a bad experience with the mlm companies that you encountered till you believe all the mlm companies are the same...

james

Just my 2 cents.

Im not gonna comment their price,the so call business plan, the product quality & etc. I believe every brand got the pro & con.

Here is the picture i saw. When they recommend A to you which is suppose take you one hour. They will mean while recommend B-Z to you. Which always wasting my time & mess up my schedule. >.< Also, bring their up line together, n bla bla bla......

I love ppl straight forward, don twist & turn. I want to know A then just recommend A to me. Thats all.

Everyone using the same tactic, last 2 years we travel to there, last year travel to here, this year gonna travel to xxx.

Think im still teenage ar, so easy to influence.... >.<

The tactic is not wise, boring already. Edited by eveparadise

QUOTE (jameslai @ Jun 22 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm... just my personal opinion... i think you have been having quite a bad experience with the mlm companies that you encountered till you believe all the mlm companies are the same...

james

well, i have been to hundreds of talks, but i havent joined any. so i have not, like the many people i know "invested" alot money into these schemes. maybe i just dont have the money gua~ lol. i guess its not only me having bad experience with mlms. so many people are, hence this thread started. if mlm is soooooooo great (whether products or company or people) why wont this thread be "why people LOVE mlm" lol!

also my one n a half cent worth comment(no offense to MLM ppl here)

for me MLM just a easy money scheme to practice, for people who love to work as they like, do what they like, but thx for those ppl who wish to find quick money,
or earn extra, their mind develope a simple Find more ppl, get more downline, invite more member, get more joining fee, then you will get extra money for it.

MLM not an issue in case every seller are well educated, sharing orientated, or with prooven practices of what they handle, how to handle or what is their product base,
of you can see from alot of young ppl outside who are doing Elken, Amway or Cosway, or even Nu Skin or whatever i missout, do you think they all are fully educated with
the products and requirements ? most of them are calling friends out, lock them with their upline, provoke provoke, and let the upline help them do business, cause ?

Who else much more profitable than friends ?(so called friends for u to earn extra bucks)

i personally dont hate the products, but i just dont like how their first upline brain wash the downline to get more ppl, find more sales or whatever,

often i listen in their mind is:
-Find more people to let them know <product Brand>
-Share with them what is the benefit of this n that
-Tell them the advantage of being member of this n that
-Give them see the profit margin they could earn if they get some friends also...
-Let them see the company history, and how big is them now....
-question them with, u wanna drive wat wat car within wat wat year ma ? see wat wat line now drive wat wat car ? u wanna pay ur car urself ma ? den do wat wat wat la....(so wat ?)

The most dulan stuff for me is, see elken or amway, their product is good, but i hate the method they use to get members, a promising commisen within year, a travel with company, workshops plus alot other stuff just to provoke ppl join in, and always use their younger guys to provoke others,(cause my gf also Affected, Infected and no Cure)

You know, they do amway 1 year only, now got XX downline already, can pay for her first car downpayment each month, arent this good ? so must do amways, its at least better money, free time lor, but dun u think your job = No Steady and its very Fragile ?
i prefer stand firm on ground, look for a good job, work there for experience, self satisfaction n salary wise, cause if u capable, salary comes easily.
Dont u all think so ?

happy.gif
Joshua

QUOTE (YungSernLang @ Jun 22 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also my one n a half cent worth comment(no offense to MLM ppl here)

for me MLM just a easy money scheme to practice, for people who love to work as they like, do what they like, but thx for those ppl who wish to find quick money,
or earn extra, their mind develope a simple Find more ppl, get more downline, invite more member, get more joining fee, then you will get extra money for it.

MLM not an issue in case every seller are well educated, sharing orientated, or with prooven practices of what they handle, how to handle or what is their product base,
of you can see from alot of young ppl outside who are doing Elken, Amway or Cosway, or even Nu Skin or whatever i missout, do you think they all are fully educated with
the products and requirements ? most of them are calling friends out, lock them with their upline, provoke provoke, and let the upline help them do business, cause ?

Who else much more profitable than friends ?(so called friends for u to earn extra bucks)

i personally dont hate the products, but i just dont like how their first upline brain wash the downline to get more ppl, find more sales or whatever,

often i listen in their mind is:
-Find more people to let them know <product Brand>
-Share with them what is the benefit of this n that
-Tell them the advantage of being member of this n that
-Give them see the profit margin they could earn if they get some friends also...
-Let them see the company history, and how big is them now....
-question them with, u wanna drive wat wat car within wat wat year ma ? see wat wat line now drive wat wat car ? u wanna pay ur car urself ma ? den do wat wat wat la....(so wat ?)

The most dulan stuff for me is, see elken or amway, their product is good, but i hate the method they use to get members, a promising commisen within year, a travel with company, workshops plus alot other stuff just to provoke ppl join in, and always use their younger guys to provoke others,(cause my gf also Affected, Infected and no Cure)

You know, they do amway 1 year only, now got XX downline already, can pay for her first car downpayment each month, arent this good ? so must do amways, its at least better money, free time lor, but dun u think your job = No Steady and its very Fragile ?
i prefer stand firm on ground, look for a good job, work there for experience, self satisfaction n salary wise, cause if u capable, salary comes easily.
Dont u all think so ?

happy.gif
Joshua

I agreed with u.

One more thing gonna say is, getting downline & sharing the advantages of product are 2 different things. Haven get to try the product already need to join >.<

What I observed is that MLMs are operating at either 1 of the 2 different side of 'extremes'.. Products oriented, or scheme oriented.

Products oriented MLM emphasis more on earning commissions and incentives based on quatity/amount of products/services rendered. This kinda MLM I can tolerate and accept as they are pretty similar to hard selling found in other business such as credit card and insurance.

Scheme oriented...aka PYRAMID SCHEME in disguise emphasis more on 'fishing' people into the MLM to get more 'referral fees' from downlines, and products sales are not very important as source of income. This kinda MLM i TOTALLY feel disgusted with and strongly opposed to! It's just like a 'loan system' under a very nice looking veil! You pay a LARGE sum of money to the scheme and the money flows to upperline and beyond, and 'force' you to gain downline to have them pay the scheme to recover the money you invested in the 1st place. and in turn 'force' the downline to seek more down-down line. The process could go on like a cheap sleazy novel never knowing the ending..

But STILL... count me out from joining any of the MLM.. I prefer job with fixed salary as my major income, or flexible salary where I could easily manage the time n stress without any buggings from whichever unnecessary parties (eg: owning a diving resort at my favourite diving spots!).

To me, MLM is a smart way of doing business. You are leveraging on your time which cannot be bought. I believe most people are have sour experience with MLM 2nd generation. But with MLM 3rd generation, they really mean business. Robert Kiyosaki, Robert G. Allen, T Harve Eker even Donald Trump and many more money gurus out there are embracing on the idea of MLM 3rd generation. If you wanna be a millionaire, take advice from one, rite?

QUOTE (sexymum @ Jun 19 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ppl dun hate mlm.. they just hate d people.. d direct sellers..
mlm gives u income =) but d sellers pest & bugs u..
i'm not saying ALL of them thou.. some r kind.. when u say u're not interested.. they smile, thank & leave..
BUT.. they're also some desperate ones who keeps bugging u..
so it's not d business they hate =) just some ppl never learn d right & polite way to approach ppl

yeah, thats true. And they do not know the right time to approach their prospect. i hate it when some salesperson approach me when im having my meals. some are ok, but some are like, bugging & talk non stop. i once shouted at them to get lost! But these MLM & insurance people = eat talk bout their products, sleep dream bout their product, die also die with their products! but for sure, you know you are the insurance agent's target when they start to be very curious about you life, your job, how much you earn & they call you oftenly to ask you "yam cha". If your not their target, then they will probably entertain you once only, thats all. In fact its true like what chessiess86 said here, its the people that we hate!

amy
Edited by d3vil doll

QUOTE (imintobeauty @ Jun 29 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, thats true. And they do not know the right time to approach their prospect. i hate it when some salesperson approach me when im having my meals. some are ok, but some are like, bugging & talk non stop. i once shouted at them to get lost! But these MLM & insurance people = eat talk bout their products, sleep dream bout their product, die also die with their products! but for sure, you know you are the insurance agent's target when they start to be very curious about you life, your job, how much you earn & they call you oftenly to ask you "yam cha". If your not their target, then they will probably entertain you once only, thats all. In fact its true like what chessiess86 said here, its the people that we hate!

amy

Lol. Once i was havin lunch at 1U's Mcd with my classmates when 2 fella who claimed to be volunteers of a spastic center approached us. We told them kindly that we're not interested. Plus, we were only students. How much do you think we have??
There was an empty seat beside my friend & one of them just SAT DOWN. like wtf??! We were all speechless & just looked at each other.
The dude who sat down did the same lookaround.gif
Finally, my friend & I both paid 5 bucks each.
I know this is for charity & all. But still dun give them a reason to FORCE.
If someone really have d intention to donate, they will.

QUOTE (bebybret @ Jul 29 2009, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can i ask?
what is MLM???
who there is so much hater?

MLM is the short form of "multi level marketing". It's where distributors (aka members) earn commission when customers purchase products of the company using the membership of one of the members of their organisations A little bit challenging to explain in short but it is termed multi level, because the commission can be earned a couple of levels down (meaning they can earn commission from even the purchases done by their indirect downlines)