Sign in to follow this  
reiyana

How to stretch/expand your shoes?

Hi, I just bought a pair of red vinyl shoes, and when I tried it at the store, it seems to fit me, but when I started wearing it and walking around with it, it hurts my feet!

So, does any of you babes know the tips or tricks to stretch or expand your shoes? I really love the shoes because they're really cute, but it really hurts my feet!

Please Help!

You can bring it to a shoe repair shop and ask them to stretch it out for u. They have a shoe expander to do that and it shouldn't cost too much. Around RM30-50 I think.

A cheaper but more painful way is to wear the shoe at home but with socks on. Keep them on for about 2 hours and by then the shoe would have expanded to the desired width. Remember to wear it with socks though and for at least 2 hours. Hope this helps.

Fill up a plastic bag (the clear bag you use to store liquids when taking flights) with water. Stuff it into the 'head' of the shoe, ensuring it's a snug fit. Place the shoes inside the freezer and remove them a day later. Vinyl takes a longer time to stretch. So, you may need to do this a couple of times after wearing, just to ensure the expansion is permanent.

What I would do is to get some powder. Powder your feet and then put some in your shoes. It will surely give your feet some comfort. Do this everyday for a week and you'll be surprised to find out that your shoes had stretched. An inexpensive solution, right?

If you can't find shoe stretchers, I just read where you can lightly spray with water and wear them for a while. The definitely stretch.