Sign in to follow this  
redwine2

How to obtain scholarship

Hi, my name is Ling, the reason i started this blog is I see that may school leavers have a lot of question about scholarship and where about to go and study.

A little bit history about me, I have finish my degree about 8 years ago and will pursue my studies in Europe soon, all my studies are funded fully by company or government. For my undergraduate education , i was fully funded by a company, for my internship, I was being paid fully and even overtime , the internship grant me a job. Now my postgraduate studies will be fully funded by European Union.

I have since helping some SPM leavers on how to obtain scholarship and which university is good, which course is good for them.

The way to gain a scholarship is not easy, but is not hard to get if one is really determine to get what they want.

http://howtoobtainscholarship.wordpress.com/about/

There are several free sources to locate scholarships. Some are online and some are in the community itself. Just remember, some of these take time to hear if a person accepted for it. 

First, it is an idea to fill out the FAFSA form because it will help you tap into need based financial aid on the federal and state government level along with the college itself. It becomes available on January 1 for the fall semester. This is based on the family income and family resources. 

Second, go to the high school guidance office because they have a list of local scholarships for students to apply for consideration. 

Third, the college's financial aid office and website have a list of private scholarships offered from organizations and companies. Sometimes, the individual college major website will list scholarships, too. 

Fourth, go to the public library since there is a book there with a list of scholarships. Often, it lists scholarships not listed on the websites or scholarship search websites. 

Finally, join several free membership scholarship search websites. Most are updated on a regular basis. Most offer a customized search based on the information you enter into a a website form.