Sign in to follow this  
bebynurul

nail biting problem.. please help..

hi sister..
i got one more problem bout nail biting habbit...
I having a verry Bad Nail Biting habbit! thumbdown.gif
now im searching anything to stop nail biting...
awww..... i really wish i can stop this bad habit...
sometimes I would bite them until my fingers bleed..
but manicure or apply nail polish dint help at all...
cos i still gonna bite it anyway... shutup.gif
hahahahaha....
well any of u know where can i find stop nail biting cream?
i want to try that lor...
hehheehheehe...

Try the UV Gel Extension or Acryllic Nail Extension. I'm a nail biter too. Make sure when your UV Gel Extension/Acryllic Nail Extension grows longer, you have to make sure that you re-fill the top portion. With this, your real nail hidden beneath it will grow longer.

QUOTE (bebynurul @ Jun 7 2009, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi sister..
i got one more problem bout nail biting habbit...
I having a verry Bad Nail Biting habbit! thumbdown.gif
now im searching anything to stop nail biting...
awww..... i really wish i can stop this bad habit...
sometimes I would bite them until my fingers bleed..
but manicure or apply nail polish dint help at all...
cos i still gonna bite it anyway... shutup.gif
hahahahaha....
well any of u know where can i find stop nail biting cream?
i want to try that lor...
hehheehheehe...

Try doing 3D nail art,its done by using acryllic powder,so its hard,im sure ur teeth wont love it ! smile.gif
Also the deign is lovely,u wont have the heart to bite it.Its also costly as a 3D nail art per finger can cause u up to rm 15-18(depends on design)

And also get ur self a set of nail extension,either acrylic nails or gel nails.Its harder than normal nails and its on top of ur nail.A set of 10 nails cost u about rm 180.
So plus the 3D nail art,u already spent about rm 360,which cost u a bomb,I'm sure u wont bite them since the nails look ohhh soooo pretty and georgeous.

QUOTE (wendymelon @ Jun 7 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try the UV Gel Extension or Acryllic Nail Extension. I'm a nail biter too. Make sure when your UV Gel Extension/Acryllic Nail Extension grows longer, you have to make sure that you re-fill the top portion. With this, your real nail hidden beneath it will grow longer.

thanx... i try that... where can i get that?

QUOTE (bebynurul @ Jun 7 2009, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanx... i try that... where can i get that?

Can get from any nail parlour smile.gif

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Jun 7 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try doing 3D nail art,its done by using acryllic powder,so its hard,im sure ur teeth wont love it ! smile.gif
Also the deign is lovely,u wont have the heart to bite it.Its also costly as a 3D nail art per finger can cause u up to rm 15-18(depends on design)

And also get ur self a set of nail extension,either acrylic nails or gel nails.Its harder than normal nails and its on top of ur nail.A set of 10 nails cost u about rm 180.
So plus the 3D nail art,u already spent about rm 360,which cost u a bomb,I'm sure u wont bite them since the nails look ohhh soooo pretty and georgeous.

hahaha... yeah... good one...
i'll try... but if i still bite my nail.. what can i do...
seem like my mouth never take a holiday..
& always shock everytime i bite my nail.. cause i bite Rm380.. owwh.. my money fly...

QUOTE (bebynurul @ Jun 7 2009, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahaha... yeah... good one...
i'll try... but if i still bite my nail.. what can i do...
seem like my mouth never take a holiday..
& always shock everytime i bite my nail.. cause i bite Rm380.. owwh.. my money fly...

I dont think ur mouth will want to bite on the acrylic powder(3D art design) cos its very hard eh.Later u chipped ur teeth even worse,u will rquire orthondentist attention,nowdays its common that a trip to them cost u a few grands

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Jun 8 2009, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think ur mouth will want to bite on the acrylic powder(3D art design) cos its very hard eh.Later u chipped ur teeth even worse,u will rquire orthondentist attention,nowdays its common that a trip to them cost u a few grands

Gosh.... yeah lor... i dont think i want to bite them.. cause its so lovely & beautiful...
& i dont want to wear something like that on my teeth... its perfecty fine now...

QUOTE (bebynurul @ Jun 8 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gosh.... yeah lor... i dont think i want to bite them.. cause its so lovely & beautiful...
& i dont want to wear something like that on my teeth... its perfecty fine now...

So,wat are u waiting for?Go and get ur nail some extension and 3D nail arts using acrylic powder already! smile.gif
This will help u not to bite ur nails anymore

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Jun 8 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So,wat are u waiting for?Go and get ur nail some extension and 3D nail arts using acrylic powder already! smile.gif
This will help u not to bite ur nails anymore

yeah... i will go get my nail done asap... hehehe... thanx dear...
u are so nice...

QUOTE (bebynurul @ Jun 8 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah... i will go get my nail done asap... hehehe... thanx dear...
u are so nice...

Welcome hug.gif
But u dont have to take my words for it.Try biting the dried up acrylic powder if u dare,its as stiff as iron =.= chipped teeth sure happen laughing.gif

I am a nail biter for about 15++ years already. I have tried acryllic nail for 3 time and every time the nails will grow and I will stop biting when the acryllic nail is still attached to my nail. However, after the acryllic nail falls off, i started my nail biting habit again.

Now, I have tried the 4th time and I have not given up hope. This time, I tried UV Gel Nail again and it has now grown until a certain length and the UV Gel Nail has dropped off. The good news is, I haven't been biting my nail ever since the UV Gel Nails had fallen off for about 2 months.

i have a colleague, a customer and a fren who bite their nails. 1 was so bad that some fingers seems to have only 1/2 of the nail, a very2 ugly sight. moreover i dun feel comfortable touching the stuff they have touched as i have an uneasy feeling that their fingers have dried saliva due to nail biting....

i'm not implicating anything but i have read, there's more underlying issues to nail biting - it is a sign of insecuties and maybe emotional disorder. it is also a form of self mutilation, like self cutting w blade. nail biting is also a way for some to relieve stress...

if painted nails or acryllic nail doesn't stop the problem, it's time to look at it from a different angle...

QUOTE (amelie.se @ Jul 29 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a colleague, a customer and a fren who bite their nails. 1 was so bad that some fingers seems to have only 1/2 of the nail, a very2 ugly sight. moreover i dun feel comfortable touching the stuff they have touched as i have an uneasy feeling that their fingers have dried saliva due to nail biting....

i'm not implicating anything but i have read, there's more underlying issues to nail biting - it is a sign of insecuties and maybe emotional disorder. it is also a form of self mutilation, like self cutting w blade. nail biting is also a way for some to relieve stress...

if painted nails or acryllic nail doesn't stop the problem, it's time to look at it from a different angle...

oh god bebynurul... my name, my habbit... what nex??? hahahahah....
well i have the same problem too...

i totally agree with you amelie.... painted nail wont stop me from biting my nail's...
sometime i even bite it till blood... oowch! hurt....

girl's... any way to stop it????????

QUOTE (bebybret @ Aug 6 2009, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh god bebynurul... my name, my habbit... what nex??? hahahahah....
well i have the same problem too...

i totally agree with you amelie.... painted nail wont stop me from biting my nail's...
sometime i even bite it till blood... oowch! hurt....

girl's... any way to stop it????????

Like I had mentioned earlier try getting urself aryclic nail exyension and 3D arcylic nail art.The 3D art are as hard as rocks cos its made from the arcylic powder.Try bittingt on them and seee.I'm sure ur teeth wont like the texture or u might even chipped ur teeth.
Otherwise remind urself u have spend a bomb on ur nails ,do u want ur money to go flying just like *that*?

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Aug 7 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I had mentioned earlier try getting urself aryclic nail exyension and 3D arcylic nail art.The 3D art are as hard as rocks cos its made from the arcylic powder.Try bittingt on them and seee.I'm sure ur teeth wont like the texture or u might even chipped ur teeth.
Otherwise remind urself u have spend a bomb on ur nails ,do u want ur money to go flying just like *that*?

i see... but seem like dosen work for me lor.... cause i still bite it...
hahaha... the only way is to keep my hand in a glove...
that what i do now...
since there is H1N1 now... so verry bad...

QUOTE (bebybret @ Aug 8 2009, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i see... but seem like dosen work for me lor.... cause i still bite it...
hahaha... the only way is to keep my hand in a glove...
that what i do now...
since there is H1N1 now... so verry bad...

ah,I gt funny story in regards to the h1n1.Last 2 months,I'm in a crowded shopping malls on weekends.Darn it it sales season,thats why its so packed like sardine.All happens so suddenly without warning,I have the urge to sneeze,mind u not the small occasional sneeze,but kinda the ''big sneeze'' wave thru me.So I sneeze there and then in the shop covering my mouth with my right hand.All the staffs and the customers instantly look @ me and backed away covering their own mouths laughing.gif such a big reaction laughing.gif laughing.gif

Err actually have u tried giving urself super duper long arcylic nail extension?

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Aug 8 2009, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ah,I gt funny story in regards to the h1n1.Last 2 months,I'm in a crowded shopping malls on weekends.Darn it it sales season,thats why its so packed like sardine.All happens so suddenly without warning,I have the urge to sneeze,mind u not the small occasional sneeze,but kinda the ''big sneeze'' wave thru me.So I sneeze there and then in the shop covering my mouth with my right hand.All the staffs and the customers instantly look @ me and backed away covering their own mouths laughing.gif such a big reaction laughing.gif laughing.gif

Err actually have u tried giving urself super duper long arcylic nail extension?

hahaha.... what a day huh....
well no... but wont the extension will come off afret 1day?
then we need to glie it back?
i have no idea... cause never think of it...
hahah...

QUOTE (bebybret @ Aug 9 2009, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahaha.... what a day huh....
well no... but wont the extension will come off afret 1day?
then we need to glie it back?
i have no idea... cause never think of it...
hahah...

Nop,the nail extension is actually semi permanent .It wont comes off that easily unless u bang u nails on hard surface with excessive force.
To simply puts it,its like ur own nails are glued to the artificial nails that can last u for 1 month to 1.5 month.After that period,ur own nails grow and that then ur actual nails wil push out the artificial extensions.Theres when u will to need refill the etension.However ur manicurist/nail technician will determine on ur appointments for re-fill,causes some people need refills every 2 weeks,some as late as 1 month .For great looking nail extensions, on average u need to go for refill every 2-3 weeks
The refill procedure,the base of nails will be layer on with arcylic powder to refill the aritificial extension nails to ur own nails
Hope this will give u more info , http://www.gelisy.com/acrylic-nails.htm#WH...ACLYLIC%20NAILS

What are Acrylic Nail Extensions ?

Nail Extensions are artificial structures which are applied to the natural nails, using state of the art techniques and products, to create nails that look natural, grow with your own nails and are often much stronger than natural nails.

You can dramatically transform the appearance of your nails with a set of beautiful nail Extensions. Nail biters need not fear. A technician can transform the appearance of your nails and provide you with advice on how to maintain their appearance.

Acrylic originated in dentistry (where it is still used today), but was introduced as a nail enhancement in 1935. The acrylic used by nail technicians today is specifically designed for use on nails.

Nail Extensions are artificial structures which are applied to the natural nails, using state of the art techniques and products, to create nails that look natural, grow with your own nails and are often much stronger than natural nails.

You can dramatically transform the appearance of your nails with a set of beautiful nail Extensions. Nail biters need not fear. A technician can transform the appearance of your nails and provide you with advice on how to maintain their appearance.

Acrylic originated in dentistry (where it is still used today), but was introduced as a nail enhancement in 1935. The acrylic used by nail technicians today is specifically designed for use on nails.
Edited by d3vil doll

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Aug 9 2009, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nop,the nail extension is actually semi permanent .It wont comes off that easily unless u bang u nails on hard surface with excessive force.
To simply puts it,its like ur own nails are glued to the artificial nails that can last u for 1 month to 1.5 month.After that period,ur own nails grow and that then ur actual nails wil push out the artificial extensions.Theres when u will to need refill the etension.However ur manicurist/nail technician will determine on ur appointments for re-fill,causes some people need refills every 2 weeks,some as late as 1 month .For great looking nail extensions, on average u need to go for refill every 2-3 weeks
The refill procedure,the base of nails will be layer on with arcylic powder to refill the aritificial extension nails to ur own nails
Hope this will give u more info , http://www.gelisy.com/acrylic-nails.htm#WH...ACLYLIC%20NAILS

really really thanx devildoll... found something new today...
well gonna try it out.. but so expensive lor... sad.gif

QUOTE (bebybret @ Aug 9 2009, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really really thanx devildoll... found something new today...
well gonna try it out.. but so expensive lor... sad.gif

I wouldnt consider it really expensive if it could make u stop biting ur nails. rm 150-180 for a sets of acrylic nail extension is reasonable if can throw away this habits.
And for refill,the prices can range from rm 70-rm 100 every 3-6 weeks.Depends how soon u need refills as recommended by ur manicurist/mail technician.
And yup,for bonus since u gt long acrylic nails(not neccessarily long as if ur going to do shoots for nail arts/nail +body art+make up shows,u can actualy decided on the length u want smile.gif )get 3D nail arts on too.As 3D arts also use acrylic powders to make them,u can imagine its as hard as rock(even harder than the artificial nails) and ur teeth for sure dont like the taste/texture of it.And since its so pretty u wont have the guts to bite on them.And yea,for sure u wouldnt want to mess up the nice looking nails after spending a bomb on ur nails eh?Since 3D arts are expensive.Can be priced @ rm 15-rm 20 per finger.A set (10 fingers) will cost u about rm 150 (cheapest) to about rm 200.

So yea the total cost u spend: Rm 150-rm 180 (artificial nails) + rm 150-rm 200(3D arts)=rm 300-380 for fitst timers

While for maintaining the nails: rm 220-rm 300 for both refill and 3D arts.

Before u know it,u will stop biting ur nails wink.gif Consider this as an investment to throw away ur nail biting habit .Give it a try and see if it works.Good luck! smile.gif

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Aug 9 2009, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldnt consider it really expensive if it could make u stop biting ur nails. rm 150-180 for a sets of acrylic nail extension is reasonable if can throw away this habits.
And for refill,the prices can range from rm 70-rm 100 every 3-6 weeks.Depends how soon u need refills as recommended by ur manicurist/mail technician.
And yup,for bonus since u gt long acrylic nails(not neccessarily long as if ur going to do shoots for nail arts/nail +body art+make up shows,u can actualy decided on the length u want smile.gif )get 3D nail arts on too.As 3D arts also use acrylic powders to make them,u can imagine its as hard as rock(even harder than the artificial nails) and ur teeth for sure dont like the taste/texture of it.And since its so pretty u wont have the guts to bite on them.And yea,for sure u wouldnt want to mess up the nice looking nails after spending a bomb on ur nails eh?Since 3D arts are expensive.Can be priced @ rm 15-rm 20 per finger.A set (10 fingers) will cost u about rm 150 (cheapest) to about rm 200.

So yea the total cost u spend: Rm 150-rm 180 (artificial nails) + rm 150-rm 200(3D arts)=rm 300-380 for fitst timers

While for maintaining the nails: rm 220-rm 300 for both refill and 3D arts.

Before u know it,u will stop biting ur nails wink.gif Consider this as an investment to throw away ur nail biting habit .Give it a try and see if it works.Good luck! smile.gif

sound intresting... maybe go for the artficial nails 1st without 3D arts... cause for trial & see how it's look & make sure i wont bite on it...

QUOTE (bebybret @ Aug 9 2009, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sound intresting... maybe go for the artficial nails 1st without 3D arts... cause for trial & see how it's look & make sure i wont bite on it...

Even I myself love extensions as its nice and natural looking(if u keep to certain length so it doesnt seems fake)
I had them on a year ago and no ones knows that its artificial as its so natural looking.Only people keep noticing the 3rd nail art I had on,since its eye catching
But I dissolve them extensions as I have perfectly long nails by now.It look the same like when I had extensions on laughing.gif and still people cant tell the different! Theyre shocked to know that last time I used to wear extension haha.Cos now I do still have 3D nail art
I'm sure u come across artificial stick-ons nails that widely available in retails/shops right?The texture of the artificial nail is somewhat of that and the thickness is more or less the same and sometimes its harder than the stick-ons.BUT definately harder than ur own nails laughing.gif

Some pictures of 3D arts and acrylic nails(so nice)

Edited by d3vil doll

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Aug 9 2009, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even I myself love extensions as its nice and natural looking(if u keep to certain length so it doesnt seems fake)
I had them on a year ago and no ones knows that its artificial as its so natural looking.Only people keep noticing the 3rd nail art I had on,since its eye catching
But I dissolve them extensions as I have perfectly long nails by now.It look the same like when I had extensions on laughing.gif and still people cant tell the different! Theyre shocked to know that last time I used to wear extension haha.Cos now I do still have 3D nail art
I'm sure u come across artificial stick-ons nails that widely available in retails/shops right?The texture of the artificial nail is somewhat of that and the thickness is more or less the same and sometimes its harder than the stick-ons.BUT definately harder than ur own nails laughing.gif

Some pictures of 3D arts and acrylic nails(so nice)

OMG!!! the nail are so lovely... love the 1st flower nail & the 3rd black nail...
heheh... so so so so nice... IM IN LOVE!!! wub.gif nak buat!!! nak nak nak...

Well, my mom said if u keep biting ur nails try to apply " Minyak Kapak"
haha, coz it's very bit nor spice and its very unhealthy when u consume it.
So automatically u will stop biting.
Well this is used when i was a kid. I have biting nails problem. But this solutions works for me.

My mom also said, each time u apply it on ur fingers tips or whole nails. If got wound, then u will feel the pain.
then keep applying while u have the habit that about to bite it...

slowly u probably will stop d.

to rescue ur nails, probably u need to consult nail beauticians. They will tell u wat treatment u need to use.

For me, my maintainance is easy.
DIY Nails treatments.
if your nails are dry and craps try this. It might helps.

ingredients:
1 eye white
1 teaspoon olive oil ( rose oil also can)
1 table spoon of lotion. ( i use vaseline- white bottle that one- healing purpose or i also use Amway Body lotion)
and few cotton pads.

mix all the ingredients.
then apply it on ur fingers tips and use cotton pads to wrap it.

as a result:
it will turn white and dried.
then u just have to peel of the pads and wash it. then re apply the lotion on it.

i use rose oil, so my finger tips are smell great.
Olive oil u can buy from body shop if not mistaken.

hope this helps:D