Sign in to follow this  
~chocolate~

Bio-Essence or The Skin Food?

i can't say that i have an oily face....i think the oiliest part of my face was my t-zone area... unsure.gif (maybe i have a combination skin type)..i'm in a dilemma now.. blink.gif .don really know which product to choose that really can suit my skin....have you tried both of the product? is it good for oily t-zone area..?

I hope you gals can either let me know or give me some comment.....

thanks biggrin.gif

i tried bio essence,it does nothing for my skin
right now im using skin food peach sake serum.it does a good job in terms of oil control and provide hydration to my t-zone..so i say bye.gif to my shine and i dont use blotters anymore

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ May 9 2009, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i tried bio essence,it does nothing for my skin
right now im using skin food peach sake serum.it does a good job in terms of oil control and provide hydration to my t-zone..so i say bye.gif to my shine and i dont use blotters anymore

really....currently i'm using a korean product (SORTIE) which i bought during my stay at korea....it doesn't seams good on my skin so i would like to change either to bio essence or skin food....

that means you use even toner n moisturizer from skin food? i've heard that ppl with oily t-zone area should use:-
1. skin food sea vegetable toner
2. peach sake serum
3. peach sake emusion

is that good for oily t-zone area? will the toner cause you sticky after u apply it on ur face? coz i've tried many toner product...i don like it when my face feel sticky after applying it? or is it normal?

hope you can guide me....thanks...

I tried Bio Essence cream, it is something like a moisturizer which can brightens you up temporarily. Anyway, I suspect that it breaks me out because after I add it in my skin care collection, my skin somehow got really bad sad.gif Anyway, some Bio-Essence products contains mineral oil so you have to be careful.

Tried Skinfood before. Their masks are not good for my skin as well. However, their milk mania cleansing cream is good. Never tried the peach sake thing. Edited by `cherish

QUOTE (~chocolate~ @ May 9 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really....currently i'm using a korean product (SORTIE) which i bought during my stay at korea....it doesn't seams good on my skin so i would like to change either to bio essence or skin food....

that means you use even toner n moisturizer from skin food? i've heard that ppl with oily t-zone area should use:-
1. skin food sea vegetable toner
2. peach sake serum
3. peach sake emusion

is that good for oily t-zone area? will the toner cause you sticky after u apply it on ur face? coz i've tried many toner product...i don like it when my face feel sticky after applying it? or is it normal?

hope you can guide me....thanks...

yes,bio essence react negatively on my face,not giving me any positive result but instead giving me a few breakouts,drying up my skin and i end up with blotchy red skin ,cos of the stinging sensation when i apply them. blink.gif

yea,the sea vegetable toner is god,but unfortunately u cant get it anymore cos its discontinued item..however u still can get the sea vegetable mask,it really care for ur skin.its in the form of mask sheet:rm 8.90.
and i imagine ur combination skin can looks abit dull in terms of ur overall complexion.do try also rice mask wash off(jar type:rm 44.90),it gently exfoliate ur dead skin to reveal brighter new skin,giving u radiant comlexion and hydrates @ the same time.its their all time favourite.the mask cherish talks about is kiwi yogurt and papaya yogurt mask wash off.this 2 masks can react differently,negatively on certain sensitive skin,so its better u skip those 2.

its better u get a full set of peach sake range consist of toner,serum and emulsion,since u cant get the sea vegetable toner anymore.

nop,the peach sake range isnt sticky /oily @ all after application,ur skin will feel hydrated and baby smooth.the first thing u will notice is that it has excellent oil control properties. smile.gif

do read up on the other thread on the girls feedbacks on peach sake.

`cherish:
i've tried the bio-essence that day when the promoter tried it on my hand....i din feel any sticky or oily when she apply it on my hand....i feel good wit it....but i don know if it suit the skin of my face since face n hand was different right? so,...i don noe if i can trust the promoter or not.... biggrin.gif ....

d3vil doll:
i hav pimple on my face (especially on my chin) ...but if i hav pimple on my face, can i still use the peach sake range product that u recommend me from skin food? will it decrease the pimple on my face? and also remove my scar?

QUOTE (~chocolate~ @ May 9 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
`cherish:
i've tried the bio-essence that day when the promoter tried it on my hand....i din feel any sticky or oily when she apply it on my hand....i feel good wit it....but i don know if it suit the skin of my face since face n hand was different right? so,...i don noe if i can trust the promoter or not.... biggrin.gif ....

d3vil doll:
i hav pimple on my face (especially on my chin) ...but if i hav pimple on my face, can i still use the peach sake range product that u recommend me from skin food? will it decrease the pimple on my face? and also remove my scar?

nop,the peach sake wont remove ur scar,it will make ur skin less oily and care for ur pores,hydrate ur skin @ the same time.for scar removal u will need Skin Food Tomato Whitening Spot serum.as for active acne,try Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

QUOTE (~chocolate~ @ May 10 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that means i hav to use the tomato whitening spot serum rather than the peach sake serum right?

no.gif read my earlier post again.serum is meant to provide specific task.so the tomato whitening spot serum will only lighten ur scar,but it do nothing to contol ur t-zone oil,while the peach sake serum does control ur tzone oil secreation but it do nothing to lighten ur scar

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ May 9 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the mask cherish talks about is kiwi yogurt and papaya yogurt mask wash off.this 2 masks can react differently,negatively on certain sensitive skin,so its better u skip those 2.

Actually I have tried quite a number of their masks, none suit my skin so far sad.gif Guess that Skinfood isn't something for me.

Anyway, ~chocolate~, many has reported good results with the masks so if you do not have very sensitive skin, you can always try them out. smile.gif

QUOTE (~chocolate~ @ May 9 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
`cherish:

The promoter told me the cream is used for whitening, but I personally it is just something for temporary whitening rather than a permanent one. I don't trust promoters anymore after a series of bad encounters lol. And yup, something which looks good on hand doesn't mean it works the same on the face as well smile.gif Edited by `cherish

Then usually how u guys tried a product...whether if the product suits you or not? i jst scared it will b waste after i bought it..? hope you can guide me in this situation...

d3vil doll:
sorry i tot the tomato whitening spot serum was the same as peach sake serum....

so, i will need 2 use cleanser > toner > peach sake serum > tomato whitening spot serum > moisturizer ??? is that right?

QUOTE (~chocolate~ @ May 10 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then usually how u guys tried a product...whether if the product suits you or not? i jst scared it will b waste after i bought it..? hope you can guide me in this situation...

d3vil doll:
sorry i tot the tomato whitening spot serum was the same as peach sake serum....

so, i will need 2 use cleanser > toner > peach sake serum > tomato whitening spot serum > moisturizer ??? is that right?

nop,peach sake serum isnt the same as tomato whitening spot serum.is two very different things in functions.totally different
yes thats the right sequence.just ass in tea tree oil from body shop if u have got acne popping up

and regarding ur question,do get samples and try out.coduct a simple patch test by using the product on ur inner arms,about approximately 1.5 inches from ur armpits.if theres no skin allergy sign(rashes,itch,redness,stinging) surface within 24 hour then its generally safe to be used on ur face.or u can do the patch test on the back of ur neck,near ears too.thses are one of the most sensitive body parts.so if these parts are allergic,then chances are ur facial skin will also be allergic to the product as well.so better be safe than sorry.do test out the product using patch test first before attemopting to put on face.never ever put face in risk

do come back if u have anymore question wink.gif

d3vil doll:

i would like to ask is it ok for me to apply toner on my pimples area? and the tea tree oil i should apply after toner to the affected area right? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (~chocolate~ @ May 12 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
d3vil doll:

i would like to ask is it ok for me to apply toner on my pimples area? and the tea tree oil i should apply after toner to the affected area right? biggrin.gif

kindly check out the Skin Food thread @ skincare forum. I already reply ur question no 1 there. smile.gif
as for ques no 2,yes apply the tea tree oil directly on ur pimples after cleanser-->toner but before moisturiser.just make sure ur hands clean @ the time of application and also if u keep long nails,please make sure ur finers are clean as well.I suggest that right after u shower,apply ur skin care 1st before doing anything else,as ur hands are clean when u just step out of shower.use the tea treeo oil twice a day

do come back if u have anymore question wink.gif

ur welcome ~chocolate~
as the TS has already got her answer in this forum,im going to lock the thread to prevent unwanted chit chat and advertisement spams in the future
if u have any info that can contribute to the topic constructively then by all means just request for unlock,especially TS