Sign in to follow this  
leongal

Dealing with boss' pet

How do you manage your relationship in a team where there's boss' pet? Does it really bother you? Or, do you not bother and get on with your work?

Currently, working in a team where it is obvious tat tis colleague of mine is the pet of the boss. She misses her deadlines ALWAYS, and we don't think she got reprimanded, but the boss can act as if nothing is wrong - and tis colleague and the boss seems to have this close frenship. The thing is she "shoe polishes" the boss so well that she is well-liken despite her work setbacks. I get to know that her performance appraisal is just one mark less than the super achiever in our team (neat work, great knowledge, good time management), and felt that it is darn unfair for the super achiever, and so do the others in the team....

This is so the reality of work....but just can't get my head thinking of how unfair the boss can be...

QUOTE (leongal @ Apr 13 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you manage your relationship in a team where there's boss' pet? Does it really bother you? Or, do you not bother and get on with your work?

Currently, working in a team where it is obvious tat tis colleague of mine is the pet of the boss. She misses her deadlines ALWAYS, and we don't think she got reprimanded, but the boss can act as if nothing is wrong - and tis colleague and the boss seems to have this close frenship. The thing is she "shoe polishes" the boss so well that she is well-liken despite her work setbacks. I get to know that her performance appraisal is just one mark less than the super achiever in our team (neat work, great knowledge, good time management), and felt that it is darn unfair for the super achiever, and so do the others in the team....

This is so the reality of work....but just can't get my head thinking of how unfair the boss can be...

dont bother about the pet..remember back in ol' high school day like how u used to ignore the irritating teacher's dog(school prefects)or even the HUGE school bullies?just keep doing ur job-thats what ur being paid for and being hired for.the pet dont deserve attention from u,the thoughts of him/her will just sucked out ur positive energy,that do u no good,obviously tongue.gif
u dont have to feel upset abut this colleague as long as he/she didnt sabotaj u infront of ur boss.continue with ur work.its ur boss that pays u salary and ur working for the company/boss ,BUT not the pet.so why worry?
also,if he/she is well liked by the boss,he/she must have some quality in her that the boss see,though u guys @ office didnt see it.insted of bitching and feel threatened by her,complaining that ur boss treat others team player(including u) biasedly,unfair treatment from the boss etc,why not u be BETTER than him/her?show that ur better than him/her.improve urself
its not of ur bisness either if the pet and the boss enjoy a close friendship.that is them and u are...YOU
though i know such people can be such an eye sore thumbdown.gif
DONT LOOK,keep a blind eye,DONT LISTEN if u dont like,DONT HEAR if u dont like to and most importantly ,DONT TALK no matter how much u feel that ur boss is wrong /biased.keep the THOUGHTS all to urself,ALONE.

he/she didnt deserve ur attention,so DONT BOTHER

then..... u have to work harder and find some commonalities so that u they will see u as part of their circle too...

this is a normal office activity... really..

QUOTE (leongal @ Apr 13 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

be another beloved pet of your boss~and then eliminate your opponent in future,isnt that great??beside it is a good way to get promotion in future~~u have to do everything secretly,there is no true frienship if u want to be a winner~~