Sign in to follow this  
Emberlynn

girls, here me out!

im trying to let out my frustration while im still angry. i was talking to my mom about getting braces. we talked about it for years now and she agreed.

but it was always on and off (felf guilty it cost alot). i felt like i shouldn't put it off any longer coz im not getting younger.

suddenly she changed her mind and said

"WHY DO YOU NEED THESE THINGS? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU ARE A MODEL!"

:shocking: ...... :mumbling:

I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY APPEARENCE..if we couldn't afford it rite now, she can just say so.but insulting me like that...

she may think its not important but everyone has diff views so respect it. i also dont agree she spending 6k on a handbag!

wat do u think?

I think ur mum didn't mean it .. she just blurted that phrase out suddenly....

I personally think that to have braces is not for a model appearance, but to have some confidence in you. I was born with bad teeth, i had my braces when I was 21 only. When I had the courage... I have never dare to open my mouth to laugh, but now, I have the confident to carry myself with a nice smile and a wide grin everywhere I go.

Talk to ur mum again, relax urself and forget abt what she said. Have a nice small talk and it should be ok. She's ur mum afterall...... Good luck!

im trying to let out my frustration while im still angry. i was talking to my mom about getting braces. we talked about it for years now and she agreed.

but it was always on and off (felf guilty it cost alot). i felt like i shouldn't put it off any longer coz im not getting younger.

suddenly she changed her mind and said

"WHY DO YOU NEED THESE THINGS? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU ARE A MODEL!"

:shocking: ...... :mumbling:

I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY APPEARENCE..if we couldn't afford it rite now, she can just say so.but insulting me like that...

she may think its not important but everyone has diff views so respect it. i also dont agree she spending 6k on a handbag!

wat do u think?

my view is that,when i wanted to get something i always try to get it on my own..getting something that you want badly on ur own can give u great satisfaction.why nt put ur shares into it,not just on the receiving end on mummy's treat?

i believe ur mum didnt mean to offend u..she might even not realise that she did upset u..

do talk with ur mum and do not hold grudge.

u can choose ur friend but not ur own family ,ie mum

How about going to your dad for these things (if you cant afford to get braces done on your own)? Or maybe u can try saving up, plus orthodontists usually do interest free instalment plans..up front deposit of 50% then around RM100++ per month for 15-17 months. But you can also discuss with your orthodontist for a more flexible payment plan.

Just my two cents ;)

Hey hun,

Take a deep breath..... breath in.... breath out.. =)

it's okay... My mom even say something WORSE!

X10000 time worse..

worse than u can imagine..

Believe me... she didn't mean it....

it's just a spill.. sometimes we will say wrong things...

if you feel like a chat... do msg me..

Cheers!

*Xoxo*

Edited by :: Yz ::

i agree with whoever that says you should just get them done yourself. save your own money and do it. get a part time job and save. don't count on your family for everything. get some back bone. your family should be there to give you moral support but you should not expect them to always give you what you want.

My 2 buddies get their braces done when they started working. Yes, no doubt that they get teased sometimes by their boss/colleagues/friends/family during the 2 years period but they told me it's worth once the 'ugly' process end and can flash their pearly white to everyone!...

well, my opinion is, since she is the one paying, u have no choice but to listen to wat she says. Its the opposite if you are the one who pays for it. Why not pay for it on your own? Get part time job or if studies doesnt permit it, wait till you finish your studies.

My 2 frens did their braces when they were 25 yrs old (both same age) and with their own money. Like what tweetwee, its worth the 'ugly period'. Come on, its only for a year plus, coz you can take the braces out earlier if your teeth can adjust faster.

Pay on your own and be proud bout it later. No need to see anyone's face or beg them to pay.