Sign in to follow this  
insomnia1

Cervical Cancer Vaccination Program at RM500

In view of celebrating International Women's Day, BP HEALTHCARE is giving a SPECIAL PROMOTION on CERVICAL CANCER VACCINATION PROGRAM at ONLY RM500 (Normal Price: RM1,000)

Do not miss this opportunity. Offers end 31 March 2009.

pic08942.jpg

Just for all babes information ,

This injection is Cervarix , which will only prevent HPV type 16 & 18. For Gardasil , another injection to prevent 4 types of HPV 6 , 11 , 16 & 18 , it'll cost much more than this.

Thank you.

In view of celebrating International Women's Day, BP HEALTHCARE is giving a SPECIAL PROMOTION on CERVICAL CANCER VACCINATION PROGRAM at ONLY RM500 (Normal Price: RM1,000)

Do not miss this opportunity. Offers end 31 March 2009.

pic08942.jpg

ya..wats the different?..i remember doctor in the clinic say got 1 type of cervical cancer prevention jab cost around rm1000++...but i wonder is this the one...how come so cheap?

ya..wats the different?..i remember doctor in the clinic say got 1 type of cervical cancer prevention jab cost around rm1000++...but i wonder is this the one...how come so cheap?

Hie all , I had personally called up BP centre to check what kind of injection is given with this cheap promotion , and it's confirmed is Cervarix (which is only can prevent 2 types of HPV). What ur doctor mentioned to you most probably is Gardasil. Gardasil is much more expensive , and I had just completed my 3 doses of injection within half a year. Market price is around 320 - 380 per jab for Gardasil.

So actually I think for BP promotion is nothing to shout about as it's the cheaper version of vaccination which can only prevent 2 types of HPV. Well , if budget is one of ur concern , u can also go for this promotion , as it's quite cheap.

Edited by joanne babe

Ops, i tot there was only one type of injection.

Yeah, the injection i took 2 years ago in another clinic was Gardasil, it's written on the label, RM400 per jap. No wonder this promotion is so cheap, it's different from the one i took. Thanks Joanne babe for the info.

huh..like that...i thought there is only 1 type of injection...i took the rm500 injection yesterday in bp...since it only prevent 2 type of hpv,then :( i have to take again!!

huh..like that...i thought there is only 1 type of injection...i took the rm500 injection yesterday in bp...since it only prevent 2 type of hpv,then :( i have to take again!!

Hie babysue , I'm not sure whether u need to take again or not. It's better if u consult the doctor 1st , okie :)

:) Try and look on the bright side. At least you are protected from the 2 common sero type. This is much better than no protection at all.

hi all..i tink is better to take GARDASIL vaccinations..there mst be someting 'unusual" abt the cheaper vaccinations.Look at the brighter side,vaccines against HPV is good,u pay for the protection,if so,then might as well get the best protections.Pls visit doctor for more infos as some LABS only give u the superficial infos/Ask them the difference between those two.I;m sure u 'll be surprised tat one of them not FDA approved.

hi all..i tink is better to take GARDASIL vaccinations..there mst be someting 'unusual" abt the cheaper vaccinations.Look at the brighter side,vaccines against HPV is good,u pay for the protection,if so,then might as well get the best protections.Pls visit doctor for more infos as some LABS only give u the superficial infos/Ask them the difference between those two.I;m sure u 'll be surprised tat one of them not FDA approved.

Finally I got someone who own same opinion as I do. I also think it's better to check with the doctor 1st.

So Gardasil is the more expensive one,does that one protect you from all types or cervical cancer instead of just a selective few?if it does,then i think it's better to take Gardasil.I've spoken to a doctor yesterday as they were having promo jabs as well and he said it's a 100% guarantee.Can anyone confirm this?Also,he told me there are no known side effects from the jabs.But apparently there are.Does anyone know if these cervical vaccinations has any side effects and if yes,what are they?Thank you.

So Gardasil is the more expensive one,does that one protect you from all types or cervical cancer instead of just a selective few?if it does,then i think it's better to take Gardasil.I've spoken to a doctor yesterday as they were having promo jabs as well and he said it's a 100% guarantee.Can anyone confirm this?Also,he told me there are no known side effects from the jabs.But apparently there are.Does anyone know if these cervical vaccinations has any side effects and if yes,what are they?Thank you.

Vaccinations for cervical cancer is rather new in the market, as i know these are the only 2 brands in the market (Gardasil by Merck & Cervarix by GSK) I would say both are comparable except Gardasil covers 4 types of HPV (6,11,16, 18) whereas Cervarix covers only 2 types HPV (16 & 18) Since it's new, very few studies have shown that even after all 3 dosages taken over 6 months period, will not gaurantee you 100% protection. But as the saying goes "prevention is better than cure" Therefore one should always get their pap smear done regularly (especially those who are sexually active) eventhough vaccinations have been taken. I have taken 2 dosages of gardasil already and so far no side effects. I was surprised that BP lab is giving out Cervarix at RM500 for 3 dosages, thats a very good deal so for those who haven't get their vaccination i think you better grasp this opportunity.

Hi Baby Oreo,

Thanks for that very informative reply!!Probably gonna take Gardasil since it cover more. Though it's more expensive but wider coverage(sounds like some telco company :P ) is better I guess. You'll never know if you can be so "lucky" 8)

Hi Baby Oreo,

Thanks for that very informative reply!!Probably gonna take Gardasil since it cover more. Though it's more expensive but wider coverage(sounds like some telco company :P ) is better I guess. You'll never know if you can be so "lucky" 8)

hi all,

I have checked with a doc and he advised tat cervarix is sufficient as gardasil even cover 2 extra type (6 & 11) but that 2 type is for those who have multiple sex partner and very active in sex. Market price for cervarix is rm 240 per dose (total is rm240x 3 =rm720). Hope tis helps

cervarix only cover the 2 most important types of HPV which can cause cervical cancer while gardasil also cover viral warts besides cervical cancer. Actually cervarix is enough to cover it. Gardasil has an extra protection for viral warts but if we really get it, it will surely be cured. Not like cervical cancer. The protection of cervical cancer is the most important.

QUOTE (baby oreo @ Mar 19 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vaccinations for cervical cancer is rather new in the market, as i know these are the only 2 brands in the market (Gardasil by Merck & Cervarix by GSK) I would say both are comparable except Gardasil covers 4 types of HPV (6,11,16, 18) whereas Cervarix covers only 2 types HPV (16 & 18) Since it's new, very few studies have shown that even after all 3 dosages taken over 6 months period, will not gaurantee you 100% protection. But as the saying goes "prevention is better than cure" Therefore one should always get their pap smear done regularly (especially those who are sexually active) eventhough vaccinations have been taken. I have taken 2 dosages of gardasil already and so far no side effects. I was surprised that BP lab is giving out Cervarix at RM500 for 3 dosages, thats a very good deal so for those who haven't get their vaccination i think you better grasp this opportunity.

hi baby oreo,
can u tell me where u took ur gardasil? i called many GP clinics, and all of them said they only have Cervarix. private hospital 4 eg: SJMC very expensive... sad.gif

I agree to cheesyshell, that Vaccinations for cervical cancer is rather new in the market.

I was going through this post.

[url="http://www.caring.com/news/new-technique-may-improve-early-cervical-cancer-treatment"]http://www.caring.co...ancer-treatment[/url]

Looks promising and helpful.

katherine

dear respected women of all walks of life,
I think most of you have the wrong impression on Cervical Cancer Vaccine. And I can see clearly that you guys fell for the advertisement and claims by these pharmaceutical companies.
Yes I agree that Gardasil produced by MSD is being advertised as a tetravalent vaccine(means that it gives immunity against 4 subtypes of HPV-Human Papilloma Virus-16,18,11,6), and that Cervarix which is advertised as a bivalent Vaccine (immunity against subtypes 16 and 18).
But I seriously think one shouldn't judge a product without knowing the actual facts about these products.
First and foremost, you would need to change the mindset that a quality of a product is in direct proportion to the cost, which is absolutely not true.
Gardasil was first launch in February 2006, the first vaccine against cancer, which to my humble opinion, is a revolutionary medicine that marks progress in the field of science and medicine by leaps and bounce. Being first of its kind, and without the presence of any competitor, hence they can hike up the price.
Then several years later, came Cervarix, produced by GSK, which gave MSD a run for their money.
I stumbled across someone who gave a comment doubting the reliability of such vaccine. I can't help it but felt compelled to comment. First of all, you would still require to perform your annual Pap Smear despite being vaccinated. The reason behind this is simply because these vaccine prevents future infection by HPV virus. If you've had intercourse before, chances are, you already contracted HPV. But fret not, 70% of infection gets resolved by the end of 1st year, and 90% by the end of 2nd year.
These viruses stays dormant and remained undetectable by blood test nor Pap smear, as they are well hidden in the basal membrane of the mucosa of the cervix. Pap smear is to detect early pre cancerous lesions, and not to detect HPV virus.
Though you may be vaccinated, that doesn't clear off the already present HPV inside of you. They will stay dormant for 10-20 years before it becomes activated and begins to cause cellular changes on your cervix.
GSK has a noble intention of lowering the price of their vaccine as they are more health conscious and though being a giant pharmaceutical company, they have a moral obligation to act upon when comes to revolutionary discovery of a life saving vaccine. More than 500,000 deaths occurs each year due to cervical cancer, out of which 270,000 are from Asia.
To my opinion, GSK is FAR MORE SUPERIOR THAN MSD'S GARDASIL because of these reasons:-
1. Cervarix is a bivalent vaccine(protects against subtypes 16,18) but the latest studies conducted and being acknowledged worldwide that it provides cross protection against subtype 31,33, and 45. Hence practically speaking, it is a PENTAVALENT vaccine rather than a bivalent vaccine..

2.Gardasil even though advertised as a tetravalent vaccine that provides immunity against subtypes (16,18,6,11) out of which only 16 and 18 are cancer causing subtypes, while subtypes 6 and 11 only cause genital warts, which is a curable condition. So as a cervical vaccine, it is only a bivalent vaccine

3. The formulation used in making Cervarix where they incorporate a chemical adjuvant called alumimium hydroxide, which acts as a catalyst to boost the immunity and maintains high level of antibody for a longer period of time. The only time this adjuvant is being used in in Hepatitis B vaccine in Europe where it is targeted towards those who are immunocompromised, hence requiring a something that can increase and maintain the level of antibody for a longer period of time.
Cervarix renders a woman protection for at least 20 years, while immunity provided by gardasil is begins to dwindle by the 5th year.

4. pap smear fails to detect adenocarcinoma.(the cervix is divided into a ectocervix and endocervix.) Conventional Pap smear often fails to detect adenocarcinoma that arises deep inside within the endocervix. Hence an improvised Thin Prep Pap Smear is preferred.
5. Adenocarcinoma is due to HPV subtype 45 of HPV, which gardasil doesn't give protection. On the other hand, Cervarix provides the protection.

Just because Cervarix is cheaper, doesn't mean that they are inferior. I would advice ladies to talk to your gynaecologist. Most general practitioners aren't well versed in cervical cancer. Unfortunately, and shamefully I must admit that.
Please visit[url="http://www.cervarix.blogspot.com/"]www.cervarix.blogspot.com[/url] for more information. Thank you Edited by Chee Hung