Sign in to follow this  
LadyVanity

expensive, EXPENSIVE shoes??

hey girls... just need some opinions...

would you be willing to spend more than RM1000 on a pair of shoes??

even if you DIDN'T have the money or cant afford them... would you scrimp and save every cent until you finally manage to get them?

no! definitely not! i feel that it's not worth it unless ure gonna wear it everyday.

it's not worth the splurge as wearing it gives you a guilty feeling when you're spending a few thousand on a pair of shoes while millions in africa are starving to death! though a pair of jimmy choo may gives you self satisfaction for a while.

once you start wearing jimmy choo, you might not be willing to wear vincci anymore. you might always feel the urge to buy more and more designer shoes. this is unhealthy, you might go into debts.

even when you're wearing a chanel, people wouldnt even know! they might think it's vincci or .....

i personally think that affordable shoes like vincci is good enough.

if i can splurge on shoes, kate spade and zara are my faves. =)

just feel that brands like jimmy choo are too high end for me.

different ppl has different view on this..

if u say that by spending a few thousands on shoe, it doesn't justify coz of all the ppl suffering in africa and etc BUT what about when u buy a diamond ring? do u really need it? yes it's pretty and all but it's blood diamond.. money laundering, child labour and etc.. why ppl buy car? so that it's more convenient for themselves.. but do they really need it? maybe they can just take transportation but yet they still buy a car.. if u really want to think of all the disasters in the world, they shouldn't buy the car..

once u really have hands on experience with a designer shoe, u'd know that it's worth every penny to spend on it even u have to ikat perut for it.. i'm not sure about other designers but i just recently bought a pair of christian louboutin.. yes it cost a bomb but the details, the comfort, the workmanship.. it's all worth it.. and it has its famous red sole.. so unlike jimmy choo or chanel or lv, when u see the red sole u'd know it's from louboutin.. u don't have to just buy designer shoes.. as for me, i still have my vincci shoes.. i still go to vincci shops and i still wear my worn out crocs..

i've tried on zara and aldo shoes.. they cost like rm500+.. does that worth it? no.. coz zara it's not even designer shoe.. if u wear it out, ppl won't know it's zara.. for me if u can buy a zara shoe for rm500+ might as well save a lil more to get better shoes.. or if u can get a few pair/ a wardrobe of zara shoe, might as well u get a louboutin..

for me i go for quality instead of quantity.. a quality expensive shoe can last u a long long time.. maybe a few years.. if u buy vincci shoes, how many of it will be worn out within that period? it all adds up..

eg: my crocs.. ppl will say that it's crazy to spend rm150 on a slipper BUT i've worn it for 2 years now.. 150 / 600 days = rm0.25 per day.. does it worth every cent? yes.. i am still wearing it despite the worn out sole.. let's say if u buy cheap slipper which cost rm20 per pair and it only last for 2 months, means in 2 years u have to buy 48 pairs of slipper.. so means 48 slipper x rm20 = rm960.. isn't that cost more than a croc slipper?

i'm sorry if u don't agree with me but that's my 2 cents opinion..

Edited by ::Nicole::

if u say that by spending a few thousands on shoe, it doesn't justify coz of all the ppl suffering in africa and etc BUT what about when u buy a diamond ring? do u really need it? yes it's pretty and all but it's blood diamond.. money laundering, child labour and etc.. why ppl buy car? so that it's more convenient for themselves.. but do they really need it? maybe they can just take transportation but yet they still buy a car.. if u really want to think of all the disasters in the world, they shouldn't buy the car..

once u really have hands on experience with a designer shoe, u'd know that it's worth every penny to spend on it even u have to ikat perut for it.. i'm not sure about other designers but i just recently bought a pair of christian louboutin.. yes it cost a bomb but the details, the comfort, the workmanship.. it's all worth it.. and it has its famous red sole.. so unlike jimmy choo or chanel or lv, when u see the red sole u'd know it's from louboutin.. u don't have to just buy designer shoes.. as for me, i still have my vincci shoes.. i still go to vincci shops and i still wear my worn out crocs..

i've tried on zara and aldo shoes.. they cost like rm500+.. does that worth it? no.. coz zara it's not even designer shoe.. if u wear it out, ppl won't know it's zara.. for me if u can buy a zara shoe for rm500+ might as well save a lil more to get better shoes.. or if u can get a few pair/ a wardrobe of zara shoe, might as well u get a louboutin..

for me i go for quality instead of quantity.. a quality expensive shoe can last u a long long time.. maybe a few years.. if u buy vincci shoes, how many of it will be worn out within that period? it all adds up..

eg: my crocs.. ppl will say that it's crazy to spend rm150 on a slipper BUT i've worn it for 2 years now.. 150 / 600 days = rm0.25 per day.. does it worth every cent? yes.. i am still wearing it despite the worn out sole.. let's say if u buy cheap slipper which cost rm20 per pair and it only last for 2 months, means in 2 years u have to buy 48 pairs of slipper.. so means 48 slipper x rm20 = rm960.. isn't that cost more than a croc slipper?

totally agree with u :clapclap:

hehe thanks everyone for the views.... keep em coming!!

i kinda agree with both ends of the discussion. i usually go for cheap shoes.... but the pull of beautiful designer shoes is hard to resist too.... walk into Shuz of KLCC - shoes there cost ll the way up to 3k but i agree that you wont get such detail and quality in cheaper versions. in my case i hv been eyeing a pair of boots on a UK website. after conversion+shipment they come up to nearly 1k. they are made-to-order and this type of style is unavailable in malaysia. And i have been eyeing them for more than a year! lol. only reason why ive not gotten them is due to other financial priorities........

am still trying to make decisions........ :)

Very well said, totally agree with you. But your calculation (highlighted in red) was wrong. :lol:

even if you DIDN'T have the money or cant afford them... would you scrimp and save every cent until you finally manage to get them?

yes i would.. :)

It depends on what the shoe is and how much it costs. We weight the cost of the shoe with the satisfaction that we derive and if we find it worth it, we will purchase it. But it's true what some people here have said, once you buy more expensive shoes you will not buy Vincci anymore. Once you experience good quality, you don't want to go back to cheap stuff. It's human nature I guess.

oopsie.. i know why it's wrong coz i counted it as week! hahaha.. darn.. my maths is soooooooooo lousy now.. it's supposed to be rm20 x 12 = rm240.. STILL more expensive than a croc :P

Very well said, totally agree with you. But your calculation (highlighted in red) was wrong. :lol:

anyway, it doesn't only happen on shoes.. every piece of thing that u buy eg: car, house, diamonds, bags, cosmetics and etc.. once u fork out money for better quality ones, u'd want to TRY to stick with that

why do some ppl want designer bags? why do they want a lv or a gucci or a burberry? isn't getting a vincci bag is much better? with the money u spent on a lv u can buy a FULL wardrobe of vincci bags or u can donate that money to help out the world.. u may say that the lv bag is better quality, can last longer and it's timeless.. it is the same with shoes too.. for me i didn't simply just get a fancy louboutin, it's a timeless black shoe with a red sole.. i am pretty sure it will last me for a long time.. black matches almost everything..

Edited by ::Nicole::

I forgot to add also that buying expensive shoes really depends a lot on whether one can afford it or not. if you're a student and don't have much money then I think it's pointless to save all your money just to get a RM1,000 shoe. If you're working and getting the same shoe will require you to save a bit instead of spending your money on other things then it's fine you know. Of course, if you're rich and can afford it without having to save then great for you. You should not have to feel bad about it just because other people cannot afford it. Bottom line, spend within our means!i

No. Dont buy things you cant afford. Shoes dont last. Unless you're rich, have the money and have nothing else to spend your money on, then go ahead and buy it.

if I can afford it, yes of course!

However, if I could not afford it, basically I would not starve myself just to get the pair of shoes. However, I might try to work part time to find some extra money so that I could afford to buy it.

Depends. If the shoe is very comfortable & lasting, i might consider. If you were meant to buy it because it looks nice is a big nono to me.

i guess if im capable, the only type of designer shoe i will spend on will be ferragamo's varina...

my mom has so many, but too bad we cant share cuz she has small legs, size 3/4...

i will go for expensive shoes if i can afford it. my parents keep telling me that all designers stuffs (bags, shoes, clothes, wallets, etc) are expensive, but the quality is there. but too bad, i can't afford it right now. i'm still a student with zero income. it's not a good idea to give the burden to my parents just to indulge myself on the designers stuffs. but once i work later on, i'll definitely will buy them!!

well depends ..

i very particular of shoe, is it comfort to wear or not ..

i hav my dream heels for my wedding .. i dont mind to save some money to buy a pair of designer heels but just for once or twice in my life time i think :rolleyes:

it can be my collection for my next generation .. hahhaa (dreaming~)

Edited by glacialy

I would splurge on designer shoes. Maybe more on designs that are less fashion-victim style but more functional. For example I will surely buy Gucci pumps or Stuart Weitzman because can wear everyday to work and it is very comfortable. Also because I am not a fashion victim I don't mind buying during sales to get discount

No, I wouldn't..I don't buy things that I can't afford..Even if I had the money, RM1000 can buy me more things than that pair of shoes..lol