Sign in to follow this  
michellechen

Make up base/primer

jojoba:i got it for rm90

Thanks. Actually i mistaken it with the RM68 tube. :P

Wa-haa RM90, I'm so broke right now. maybe next time.

I've tried quite a few primers but my favourite is RMK's Creamy Make up Base Mat in shade 00. Shade 00 is colourless so it doesn't "change" the shade of the foundation which I apply on top. It's also great for oily skin like mine; it has a light texture, gives a matte finish and I find I don't have to blot as often compared to other primers.

I read here many raves on RMK. Is it really that good? I wanna try but scare get breakout.

For daytime I am using MAC Prep+Prime. Very good. Makes my skin even tone, foundation goes on smoothly, pores smaller, dry parts of the face not so dry and oily parts less oily. Also SPF50.

Nighttime MAC Strobe Undercover Base in Pinkified color. But I think discontinue oredy :( Not sure about this.

I read here many raves on RMK. Is it really that good? I wanna try but scare get breakout.

I love the RMK Creamy Mat Base! I have really oily skin and the base doesn't cause me to get breakouts.

i just bought paul and joe make up base..will try it in ASAP

I've tried Paul & Joe's Foundation Primer N in shade 01. It was too emollient for my oily skin and gave me breakouts :( Let me know how you feel about it after you've tried it!

i use laura mercier primer... and it's good!! :thumbup1:

Are Laura Mercier's primers colourless? And how is the oil control?

Are Laura Mercier's primers colourless? And how is the oil control?

Yes, Laura Mercier's primers are colourless. They have different type of primer which are foundation primer-hydrating for dry skin, normal foundation primer and foundation primer - oil free. As for my skin type, i'm using the oil-free one. This primer is a lightweight, creamy gel - used prior to foundation - that acts as an invisible barrier between skin and makeup. Specifically created for oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin types like my skin. :clapclap:

Edited by faie

Paul and Joe is very good. Porcelain skin effect after using it. My skin is sensitive and redness,so i thought paul n joe is very good!

RM 150 or 180.;)

Parkson have them, Subang Parade, Isetan Lot 10...

Im currently using MAC's primer, so so only. i still prefer Paul N Joe.

i've tried paul and joe primer (white bottle, with sunscreen). makes my face shines badly. not suitable for my oily skin.

i guess it's becuz Paul n Joe is more suitable for colder weather. It's true, my skin is extra beautiful in winter with Paul N joe's primer and during summer time, it gets a bit oilier. Overall, i love Paul n Joe's primer, not the white bottle

i would recommand SHU UEMURA, CHANEL AND RMK.

Shu uemura gives you moisture, even skin tone and make up long lasting.

Chanel make up base gives you whitening, spf 30+++, brighten and even yr skin care also make up long lasting.

Rmk gives you even up yr skin tone, moisture, make up long lasting too.

Babes,

please help me out!

Recommend me eye primer which works well in controlling my oily lids because no eye colours or liner last on my lid!

Preferbly pricing below RM70

I am currently using Apple White Sun Base SPF 25 PA++ ( pink).

One of the best feature for this is that the texture is non sticky too me and the coverage is so well , able to cover most of the pores. And it make your tone looks brighter. However i will only recommand it to light skin tone babe. Cos it might be too white.

I myself only use this primer and then apply loose power. It will be too thick for me if i use foundation on the top of this base.

003_B.jpg

I've MAC Prep+Prime SPF50 but I prefer Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.

i also use MAC prep+prime spf 50, really hold my make up, last till more than 8 hour..hmm..I want to try smashbox photo finish foundation primer..but, where to buy in MAlaysia?

i also use MAC prep+prime spf 50, really hold my make up, last till more than 8 hour..hmm..I want to try smashbox photo finish foundation primer..but, where to buy in MAlaysia?

I'm not sure if it's available in Malaysia since I don't live there.

Babes,

please help me out!

Recommend me eye primer which works well in controlling my oily lids because no eye colours or liner last on my lid!

Preferbly pricing below RM70

u can try urban decay's primer potion and also MAC paint pot in painterly. works well for oily lids..