Sign in to follow this  
Samanthakwm

Organic skin care brand

Hei! I just brought Origins' Organics Nourishing Face Lotion, cost me a big bucks... spending RM190 over a 30ml bottle.. well... quite happy with it since my face din pop up with red dots and rashes after using it. Thinking to look for a good tinted foundation, looking something that won't cause my face pop up with red dots and rashes also.... any good recommendation?

wow! that is quite expensive but most important is that the product works for you... i just bnought the mukti facial care range and the moisturiser i got was only 78 for 30ml i think... quite affordable lor... mebbe u can try the next time...

wow! that is quite expensive but most important is that the product works for you... i just bnought the mukti facial care range and the moisturiser i got was only 78 for 30ml i think... quite affordable lor... mebbe u can try the next time...

Mukti is good. I used to get mine from BodyBar in Tropicana Mall. They have so many organic stuff there. I learned about so many organic stuff there. Money is tight now lah so i use the lower range one called Organic Indulgence or something like that from Australia one. The skin care stuff is selling at RM48 for 125ml. The body care is even cheaper, RM38 for 250ml.

Problem is, i stay in muar lah. Very difficult to get it. Anyone knows got online store for organic indulgence?

Mukti is good. I used to get mine from BodyBar in Tropicana Mall. They have so many organic stuff there. I learned about so many organic stuff there. Money is tight now lah so i use the lower range one called Organic Indulgence or something like that from Australia one. The skin care stuff is selling at RM48 for 125ml. The body care is even cheaper, RM38 for 250ml.

Problem is, i stay in muar lah. Very difficult to get it. Anyone knows got online store for organic indulgence?

ya.. i tested that brand in the store also but i went for mukti because certified organic and it is working for me... the shop said tht they are the only one selling those brands.. i think the price to get from overseas is going to be quite expensive because of shipping costs... do they have a online store? or maybe can email them to order? at least local delivery should be cheaper.. i think???

overall.. their prices are very reasonable.. what i feel anyways

ya.. i tested that brand in the store also but i went for mukti because certified organic and it is working for me... the shop said tht they are the only one selling those brands.. i think the price to get from overseas is going to be quite expensive because of shipping costs... do they have a online store? or maybe can email them to order? at least local delivery should be cheaper.. i think???

overall.. their prices are very reasonable.. what i feel anyways

i have their number. I think i spoke to a lady name Michelle last time. Let me call them and see if they do shipping or not. Will update again.

i have their number. I think i spoke to a lady name Michelle last time. Let me call them and see if they do shipping or not. Will update again.

They don't do shipping lah. But they ask me to visit a blogshop called prettypongo.blogspot.com. Dealer i think. They do shipping. All bodybar products and even mukti can place order from there if you know what you want. So far i see, only posted organic indulgence and some bags only.

Hmmmm.... how ah? What do you think?

Does anyone noe where can i get organic skin care in mid valley or berjaya times square???

i brand i noe is only elianto, living nature (very expensive.....>-<) and mytns store.....

u can try jurlique,origins,L'Occitanne,skin food,the body shop,the face shop..

u can try jurlique,origins,L'Occitanne,skin food,the body shop,the face shop..

hi,

not all the the brands u mentioned are organic or natural la... always very important to look at the ingredients... read on the net that the higher percentage ingredient are always listed first with the least percentage last.

jurlique and origins is mostly natural/organic but depending on the product... but these two brands very painful on the purse...

l'occitanne.. i am not too sure.. they may have a natural range...

body shop, skinfood and faceshop... aiyoh.. the ingredients they have not natural also, despite their marketing...

bottom line... very important to read ingredients if u want to make sure its natural or organic...

i am using mukti and remedica and very happy with results :D

hi,

not all the the brands u mentioned are organic or natural la... always very important to look at the ingredients... read on the net that the higher percentage ingredient are always listed first with the least percentage last.

jurlique and origins is mostly natural/organic but depending on the product... but these two brands very painful on the purse...

l'occitanne.. i am not too sure.. they may have a natural range...

body shop, skinfood and faceshop... aiyoh.. the ingredients they have not natural also, despite their marketing...

bottom line... very important to read ingredients if u want to make sure its natural or organic...

i am using mukti and remedica and very happy with results :D

u really go look @ their ingredients, L'Occitane,Body Shop,Face Shop DO have organic products,though nt all range are

oh yea,i 4get,one more brand i left out is The Natural Source

u really go look @ their ingredients, L'Occitane,Body Shop,Face Shop DO have organic products,though nt all range are

oh yea,i 4get,one more brand i left out is The Natural Source

i guess u are right.. just make sure u do your homework.. read the ingredients and understand what u are buying.. no point in listening to all the marketing hype.

still happy with what i am using :thumbup1:

i guess u are right.. just make sure u do your homework.. read the ingredients and understand what u are buying.. no point in listening to all the marketing hype.

still happy with what i am using :thumbup1:

yup,i always look @ the list of ingredients before buying cos of i wanna reduce my risk of getting unwanted allergic reaction

u can try www.natureinabox.com.my.. an online shop for organic skincare.

I went to Singapore and found SUKIN. organic skincare from Australia.. You may want to take a look at the website.http://sukinorganics.com.au/

I think Australia has lots of organic brands.. :-) I have extra sample size to let go.. Bought a few.. maybe some of you may want to try and you can get ur fren/urself to get it when u r at spore.. :-)

Hi,

I am not so into organic products. I read an article about the label on the product "Organic" might only a few ingredient but not all ingredient are organic. So, beware of products that claim to be 95%, 90% or some other high percentage organic on the label, as it's physically impossible for more than 30-40% of the ingredients to be organic, unless it's organic oil. Why? Because typically 60-70% of a product is water and water cannot be certified organically grown, even if it's distilled or processed with organic herbs or essential oils.

Hehe..these are my finding when I try to look for some natural soap bar for my hubby (sentitive skin).

Hi Ning Ning,

Thanks for your input on so-called "organic" products. It's true that there's only so much we can do to claim that our products are organic because we simply cannot audit every single source of the ingredients. When I first started looking into doing my own line of handmade soap I decided against trying to claim to be "organic", firstly because of the prohibitive cost to do so, and secondly because a lot more education is needed for the public in order to fully understand the implications of the word.

Have you managed to find your hubby a suitable soap for his sensitive skin? I had one specially formulated for my baby girl (she's 8 months old now), using goats milk and patchouli essential oil. No fragrances, no preservatives, no colourings. In fact, here's the full list of ingredients for this particular bar of soap:

• Sunflower seed oil
  • Coconut oil
  • Palm oil
  • Castor bean oil
  • Sodium hydroxide
  • Patchouli essential oil
  • Fresh goat's milk

Let me know if you're still looking out for alternatives, okay? Would love to help. :)

Best regards,

Michelle

Edited by The Kinder Soap Company

YAY! bodybar has a website now.. just visited it and it has all the brands and information.. have not tried buying from it tho coz i am in klang valley.. no need to, can just go visit the shop.. parking still free =)

oh yeah.. the website is www.bodybarskincare.com

if anyone has bought from there pls let me know.. a friend from east malaysia wants to try..

heheh.. one more thing... from their facebook group.. they seem to organise a lot of event with the supplier coming to kl to give a talk at their shop.. unfortunately always on sunday but kennot go bcoz of church sad.gif they had a mukti event and also yuan event...

they also said they at earth day event or something at ikano.. anyone know if there is any special for that event?

I juz bought Mukti foaming cleanser, toner and sunscreen last Fri thru their online store...today should receive it biggrin.gif

Has anyone tried Mukti face exfoliant and earth mineral mask? is it good?

QUOTE (bearyfishy @ Apr 21 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I juz bought Mukti foaming cleanser, toner and sunscreen last Fri thru their online store...today should receive it biggrin.gif

Has anyone tried Mukti face exfoliant and earth mineral mask? is it good?

how was the online purchase process? ok ah.. all smooth no problem.. product arrive ok?

QUOTE (nature.luvva @ Apr 22 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how was the online purchase process? ok ah.. all smooth no problem.. product arrive ok?

the online purchase process very easy, delivery also consider fast...but i hv not rec the goods yet coz skynet claimed that no body at home to receive the goods for me yesteday. this evening they will resend to me..

Actually...even L'Occitane, Body Shop and the likes who market "Organic" is not truly natural.

It is true that some of their ingredients are organically harvest BUT they also contain harmful chemicals like parabens and Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol etc etc.

The list is actually quite endless. The links below shows hazardous chemicals present, not just in skincare, but body and hair products as well. You can do a quick check by yourself on the products you are currently using. So since doing my research, I've been checking all the ingredient lists...and have been shocked!

http://www.health-report.co.uk/ingredients-directory.htm
http://www.natural-skincare-authority.com/...-chemicals.html

Recently came across this Australian brand, Stem Organics, www.stemorganics.com.au, seems quite promising and I have read nothing but good reviews on this. But sadly it is not yet sold in Malaysia nor Singapore.

Anyone has tried it before?

QUOTE (nature.luvva @ Feb 24 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you know what.. that bottle of moisturiser is too moisture for my skin and end up I have to pass it to my mom to use sad.gif

Now I change to another brand, Living Nature. It really cost me a big buck, I brought 1 cleanser and a hydrating gel (they call it a toner) and cost me RM300++... Anyway, I have been using it about 2 weeks, at least my face is not so oily and my face itchiness is not that bad already. I consider it a good sign.