Sign in to follow this  
Samanthakwm

Organic skin care brand

Hi, anyone have try the ILCSI organic skincare???

The beauty consultant told me is the international branded Organic skincare product. Website : www.ilcsi.com

never heard abt it.. more wellknown are balm balm, living nature, weleda, botani, lavera, primavera etc. some are certified by international organic certification bodies such as ecocert, bdih, soil association.. u can google and see

Does anyone noe where can i get organic skin care in mid valley or berjaya times square???

i brand i noe is only elianto, living nature (very expensive.....>-<) and mytns store.....

cindy if u what u r looking for is pure or mostly organic ingredient the only brand is living nature, levera, jurlique that the name i know is of organic. elianto is not realy 1 of those. correct me if i'm wrong... :)

thanks!!!

i'm actually looking for less harmful skin care brand( i noe it wouldn't be 100% harmless), i been seaching for months to look for suitable ones...., the brand i noe less harmful to skin most of them are certified organic, thats y i go for it....

i've tried neways before (sample), it didn't irretate my skin but i c no effects as well....

elianto definitely not, that day i went to S&M branch to see oledi.

May i noe how to get those mentioned above ???

i noe there's one living nature counters in the Gardens, i'll check it out later....

anyone used to origins earth series or the mytns organic, can somebody review it???

im now 21 and just started full skin care regime last month with the face shop ice flower series....

i found tat my skin started to getting itchy every day although the skin softness and brightening is visibly improved. i dun noe which bottle i should stop, but luckily no pimples....

i ask few of my friends n they told me to try certified organic products such as jurlique, but i heard my fren said is quite expensive, is cost more than 100 to get a basic cleaser n toner

now still got plenty time before my face shop product finish, better find a suitable skin care brand before my face get a breakout.

Y certified organic product not so common in malaysia, very hard to get la, sob~~sob~~

im now 21 and just started full skin care regime last month with the face shop ice flower series....

i found tat my skin started to getting itchy every day although the skin softness and brightening is visibly improved. i dun noe which bottle i should stop, but luckily no pimples....

i ask few of my friends n they told me to try certified organic products such as jurlique, but i heard my fren said is quite expensive, is cost more than 100 to get a basic cleaser n toner

now still got plenty time before my face shop product finish, better find a suitable skin care brand before my face get a breakout.

Y certified organic product not so common in malaysia, very hard to get la, sob~~sob~~

yes, agreed eco cert products are rarely found here. my little sis was same age with u, and she experience the same sensation when using the same range like u. but after she switch to pure camille range from yves rocher. her skin getting better stable now, cause the therapist told her she itchy because of sensitive. the complete range (cleanser + toner + moisturiser) just RM89. think it might suite u, we bought from Sunway Pyramid, hear that they have outlet at times Square as well......

Do you know about MELILEA?

It's also have organic brand skin care.

I use the moisturising cream. It working good.

And the body lotion...nice and not oily body lotion like I have used before.

http://melileaorganiclifestyle.blogspot.co...kecantikan.html

Does anyone noe where can i get organic skin care in mid valley or berjaya times square???

i brand i noe is only elianto, living nature (very expensive.....>-<) and mytns store.....

actually there's another way ... keep in mind with 'the simpler the better'. just keep yourself with the most simple thing on your face. To make-up a bottle of product (moisturiser/ toner/ sunblock etc) is around 100 over ingredients. So the less you apply is the more you are doing for your skin.

Organic skincare product is very expensive and the reason is because of the 'pureness' that need to keep it named organic. no chemical soil, no added synthetic chemical, everything is no... no... no... so, in order to keep the 'freshness' and giving the same benefit as those synthetic, the ingredients are far more expensive in extraction and harvesting. erm.... i think this is all common.

Anyway, lets go back to the topic. you may try to look at Origin. I saw they have the organic range of skincare.... very expensive dou... my skin is hyper sensitive... but don't feels like paying it for such a price. I'm happy with what I use now... quite happy d....

As a person with extremely sensitive skin, I've tried heaps of brands in search for the 'right' one. If you read through Paula Begoun's website Cosmetic Cop, here you can read her reviews about the various types of skincare products. Check the brand you want to buy here before going to the shop!

Sometimes, organic doesn't necessarily mean good - as a marketer, we use words like that to make people feel that its' pure and natural. Many products use different scents which entice us but as a student of aromatherapy, do you know that you can't put real essential oils into a product and expect the properties to remain stable for more than 15 minutes? So when you purchase a product which was probably manufactured months ago and you can still smell the lovely lavender - there's no way it's real lavender essential oil.

As the previous post mentioned, more normally means more chemicals too so it's actually not good for the skin. I had a colleague who had really sensitive skin. She didn't even use makeup or skincare as it would break out. Her dermatologist told her just to wash with water. That's it - just pure and simple solution - water. After that, she has no problems. One of the best skincare I have been introduced to by my dermatologist overseas is Cetaphil. You can get it at the pharmacy. No frills, simple packaging - almost too cheap for some at RM35 a bottle.

As I've gotten older, and, like any other vain pot wanting to maintain my youth, I've tried serums, anti aging creams, etc, etc - even La Mer! - but the only difference is my increased credit card bills and dwindling bank account.

These days, I've gone back to basics - using a combination of Cetaphil and Eumora and Clinique's Moisture Surge Face Spray. It's a good and simple combination and not so heavy on the pocket.

i'm trying some of the organic product of course is not from around here....

but recently i heard from my friend that 1 of the product will b in malaysia... not sure what brand though...

she said is quite affordable as well...

Recently, someone intro me to Bath and Body in Tropicana mall. She said this shop carries a total of 5 different very good organic brands. One of it that she has been using is called Mukti from Australia. I think you should check it out. I am kinda interested in it too.

i know malaysia don't sell alot of organic stuff but some online stores ship worldwide. you can try www.lovelula.com; they've got a massive range of organic brands.

as for yves rocher, be careful with it because it's not as shiny and natural as it sounds. (look at the back and you'll see a lot of gimmick so leik somebody's pointed out, 'organic' and 'natural' is some times an advert technique thing). i personally recommend Weleda, it's not too expensive and it's guaranteed safe and organic :)

Recently, someone intro me to Bath and Body in Tropicana mall. She said this shop carries a total of 5 different very good organic brands. One of it that she has been using is called Mukti from Australia. I think you should check it out. I am kinda interested in it too.

yes. i been to that shop too! but i think the name was bodybar? or maybe u are right? it is the shop on the first floor? anyway. i was like there for 1 hour testing all the products. the salesperson there was really friendly and also surprisingly knowledgable! not pushy to buy summore so try lah =)

i tested all the brands there.. not sure if i remember properly but there was Mukti, then Remedic, something Herbal frm NZ, something Bio (orange packaging) and also another brand with colourful packaging, organic indulgence i think. all smell so yummy!

was going to buy the mukti and remedic but then no credit card machine =(

i will be around SS2 next week so will drop by again to get it.

Great news lor, prevoiusly i was using the cleanser and toner from Mukti (not full range lar) and others product from Miessence which directly purchase from australia, it is really really expensive for the shipping, tat why im keep trying to get organic skin care product around here.

Not long ago, i brought the whole range of Mukti from Bodybar, it was really affordable and the service are great. Gals should try....

And im now trying Mukti's full range, see's how the effect 1st ^^

But so long i've no problem with the cleanser and the toner lar (is nice, with plant scent, like the grass or something, felt little nausea when im still not familiar with it)

I've also heard of nekochan's words, i've done little reseach before.....

I've heard of some people in japan and australia didn't use any skin care product, just water as daily skin care routine......their skin still look healthy when they get old, but some not. For those who skin is really superb highly sensitive, it is really good for just using water to cleanse their face, but not for all people, heard of some people get worse.

But my concern is, the pollution air and water around us is getting worse and worse....what if water that i used is not that enough to keep my skin clean and healthy??

That's why im going for organic product (im really not trying to be a freak), lesser harmful chemical and sometimes good for environment (but expensive lar, cuz cost of production is high)......

I've tried Pond's cleanser (the pink one)before, suprisingly good for when i was teenage, heard it later because it is a lesser harmful chemical product.

The worse nightmare when i change to Lo'real (the step 1,2,3 or something), really really my nightmare, whole face got pimples in a few days and i've to stop it immediately and use Pond's again....

Few years before, i've tried some of the organic product from Australia, most of the product i've used can't see the strong and clear effects but comes good when it come to maintaining the skin condition....tat Y i luv organic tat much lar~~~~but smells not tat good.......

any review or thoughts for organic product

Please share ^^

then we'll know where can get good product lor

Hello,

I usually imported organic skincare from US. I green has cheap ones altho not organic they don't use ongredients like paraben and what not. But recently I've been making my own. I make for some of my friends. I will try to register with kementerian soon. Anyway, I can give you some recipes you can find in the organic shop. You might want to try these..Of course my own line I have organic essemtial oils which I imported from overseas.

For Cleanser

You can combine

1 tsp of almond

1tbsp of lavender flowers

1cup of oat

If you have oily skin you may want to add sage. And for dry skin soya milk powder

For Toner

You can use Apple cider vinegar with water. Or if rajin blend some cucumber..( only tahan for 3 days in a fridge)

For Moisturiser

Use Aloe vera plant or Grapeseed oil.

As the above has no preservative please use often. The oils are all right. Please do not get water in the cleanser, you may use it for a month.

You can get the ingredients from Justlife

My cleanser for oily skin of course has clay, and essential oils, while for normal, I'd use olive leaf etc

My toner is just rosewater, which I think culpepper has it although mine is cheaper.

My moisturiser and serum has shea butter, immotelle(ingredient used by Loc'citane), Myrrh, Hibiscus extract, Rosegeranium,Lavender, Calendula,rosemary.

All my ingredients are sourced locally and overseas and I only use certified organic, non gmo and steam distilled essential oil. No preservative and no fillers.. have to use within 3 months.

Edited by charmsallure

Hi,

I am not so into organic products. I read an article about the label on the product "Organic" might only a few ingredient but not all ingredient are organic. So, beware of products that claim to be 95%, 90% or some other high percentage organic on the label, as it's physically impossible for more than 30-40% of the ingredients to be organic, unless it's organic oil. Why? Because typically 60-70% of a product is water and water cannot be certified organically grown, even if it's distilled or processed with organic herbs or essential oils.

Hehe..these are my finding when I try to look for some natural soap bar for my hubby (sentitive skin).

Well.. you are right about difficulty getting 100% organic. Because on the shelf products have to be there a long time some so called organic products use preservative. Of course some essential oils act like preservative mainly rosemary antioxidant, carrot root oil , grapefruit seed extract. That's why mine does not include water with oil.. water breeds bacteria. and water and oil need emulsifier which is a bit hard to get in organic form. You can make your own, if rajin hehehe if you want to save money but of course sacrifice a bit of your time.

when I can't find totally organic before I try to use those without parabens, DEA, TEA, and cancer causing chemicals.Which is a bit difficult, which is why I resorted to making my own.

Search the net for natural recipes on cleanser, toner and moisturiser.

When I am out of cleanser I always use distilled water and powdered milk, if my face is dry then I put more milk, if not more water.

I find Mukti and Living nature very good but sometimes getting the whole set made my pocket felt like bocor...

The garden's have a few. Origins has organic line but reading the ingredients..oklah not really good. HABA is good in the sense they don't use parabens or hamful chemical.. Jurlique is good tapi mahal. We don't have Dr Hauschka (or do we?) which is good if yes, sure expensive. Satu lagi.. Nature Health farm has a line ..I haven't used them.. but lipstick is good, I say this bcause most natural lipstick not as good.

read this website,

http://www.natureinabox.com.my/index.php?m...amp;language=en

they list down the ingredients they avoid which I find the information is very useful ..

I nvr use organic product before but now I plan to start to buy a set of skincare..juz a cleanser, toner, moisturiser and sunblock will do..oh ya, I need to find an organic freckles cream as well, any recommendation?

yay! just bought my set of Mukti facial skincare set and also Remedica (hehhe.. thought it was remedic.. woops!) salt scrub...

immediately used all the products and my skin feels really good.. so far no pimple or patches... especially love the smell..

those looking for natural product should go over and test test... heard from the salesperson that there will be a new shipment in this weekend with new products... even got deodarant and sunscreen...

gotta go there again to test test...

Hei! I just brought Origins' Organics Nourishing Face Lotion, cost me a big bucks... spending RM190 over a 30ml bottle.. well... quite happy with it since my face din pop up with red dots and rashes after using it. Thinking to look for a good tinted foundation, looking something that won't cause my face pop up with red dots and rashes also.... any good recommendation?