Sign in to follow this  
belle85

Attention ppl! I need to know.

very true...especially when u r saying something that he don't understand...makes u give up talking bout that

Yes yes... At least u undy me. :) Really frustrating if u keep trying 2 explain but he dunno what I mean!!! Make me feel that he's a dummy. Sorry 2 b mean but this is reality. Lol. Communication is a problem.

N I dun hav much patient. So... :P

I thought I dont mind but now I do mind about it. Sometimes, I purposely type the correct answer but maybe he just dont mind it and repeat the same thing. Until Im too bored and whatever that suits u laaaaa. Plus, I will graduate sooner than him and of cos Ill get my ass on work faster than him. I think a year ahead. By that time, I bet I can afford to have a comfort life while he is looking for job. But thats not necessary to worry about I guess. Let the time go with the flows. Just hope Im still floating =P

this question is especially for guys out there.. but babes.. u can contribute ur ideas too.

1,Would guys feel intimidated by girls who are higher educated?

And for the babes..

2. Do u mind if ur bf is lower educated than u? lets say u r a uni student and he is only spm leavers.

In general ,education level is fairly subjective topic. Possesing a certificate will contribute if one is climbing a multi-national coperate company, opening a law firm, accouting firm, branching their clinics and related industries. At the same time, certain highly educated individuals isn't able to put use of what they've learned in terms of praticality. One who is able to open an accounting firm but may not be able to manage the fundametals and nature of it's business. Say, one might be v good at account audits but how useful is it if there's no new clients or new business? This leads to zero profit in most unsucessful company.

Say a parent has built their business but when it's passed to their children, it just leads to company closure. Probably one had good amount of theorical based knowledge but lack the experiece and praticality. Some spent a few years and a fortune on certificate but some is unable to generate returns of the money used for the cert in 10 years. Such a pity.. It would be a great team in one had the knowledge and the other had the skills and practicality. That would be a perfect match!

for me i mind, cause as said, i want to learn new stuff from my bf, and we'll feel like as if we've got "Someone to lean on" on something at least. lol.

doing as good or better than me is just some benchmark, of course i'd look at other aspects too.

but we usually click better with people who's as "educated" as us. I can't imagine myself dating someone who's a local grad, speaking broken english (my main language for conversing)

:(

sorry!

it would be great if he is more educated than i am..cos he IS a guy, he NEEDS to guide me in life..if he is less-educated than me, then how is our life is going to be?.. :rolleyes:

i dont mind if my bf less educated than me.. but what's important is we can communicate.. but i prefer man to be the main breadwinner rather than me..

Really subjective.

You have a masters earning 20k per month.

He has no education but sells paintings for half a million a piece.

Really subjective.

hey...edu level is stil ok wit me.. as long as his workin experience/ his job level higher than me..n d most important thing is, his maturity is d main point which i look in him...

this question is especially for guys out there.. but babes.. u can contribute ur ideas too.

If today Im a SPM leaver for sure I won't be able/got the intention to get a galfren who have better education background.

but if today Im a degree holder, I guess I wont mind if my galfren is a Master. Because the gap between is not really that huge.

i wouldn't mind unless he is not seeking anything or trying to upgrade or improve himself. like i am pretty good in my english and yet my bf sucks at it, it doesn't really create a big arguement because he try to speak more and improve although it might take sometime. and at some point where he has more knowledge than me he can teach me how to manage certain situation. the crucial point is to create a balance and seek the best things out among us and love the weakness and all.

how do you define "better" or "equal"? by education level? how many of you actually got into local uni by yourself and not some college twinning programs to oversea uni? how many actually obtain their ceritfication because their parent can afford it?

i drive pass starbuck, threw out a stone i will hit someone holding a degree, but do mark my word. not all of them are smart. 7 out of 10 (so call higher education girl) i met are pretty naive.

so conclusion, higher education doesn't mean much now. for me, life experience always worth more, same goes for working experience. but hey! maybe thats just me :)

Invincible : how much you abe to earn have very little to do with your master. I have seen many jobless master holder. but without 1, you most definately won't go very far in a corporation. So most management level actually obtain their MBA during their time at the company. so it doesn't matter... :P

seriously.. i really feel irritate when i speak with girl that has very mild education and never care bout their future now...

for example.. she completed her spm or diploma from some place.. and never really improve her knowledge, but wasting time on having fun.. or work in very less motivation way .. it is like .. go work and wait for work to finish.. never thought bout learning things or climbing up the ladder of career...

i feel a bit out topic with girls that are like that... sorry to be rude

how do you define "better" or "equal"? by education level? how many of you actually got into local uni by yourself and not some college twinning programs to oversea uni? how many actually obtain their ceritfication because their parent can afford it?

i drive pass starbuck, threw out a stone i will hit someone holding a degree, but do mark my word. not all of them are smart. 7 out of 10 (so call higher education girl) i met are pretty naive.

so conclusion, higher education doesn't mean much now. for me, life experience always worth more, same goes for working experience. but hey! maybe thats just me :)

Invincible : how much you abe to earn have very little to do with your master. I have seen many jobless master holder. but without 1, you most definately won't go very far in a corporation. So most management level actually obtain their MBA during their time at the company. so it doesn't matter... :P

oh i see...

anyway yeah i do agree with you i know some girls who get 4 flat and are very smart but they dont even know whats going on in their on country.. much less the world issues!

We can question people's education level. I am an SPM leaver. I took my classes part-time and now have gotten myself a degree. But I do not view myself above those who are lower education level than me. Be it man or lady, your education or your degrees, masters and PHD's are nothing if you don't use your brain to think and use common-sense plus general knowledge.

I have friends who lines from PMR to Master's. But do you know what I find the most funny thing is? PMR till SPM level people are more hardworking and less snobbish when they have become successful. I notice, those in the business start-ups don't really have a degree. All they had with them is a god-given brain and common-sense. They show highly intelectual abilities and can solve complex matters with simple general-rule of the thumb style. I love these guys and ladies, they are the ones i truly respect. Why? Because they did not let their education stop them from being successful.

This is what I always tell my younger brother and sister --- "One of you is an Aeronautical Engineer and the other is a double degree holder in finance and accounting, both graduated from the United States of America, but let me remind both of you, never forget your place and don't always use the most complex ways to answer a simple question. Doesn't mean you are highly educated, gives you the darn right to look down on people. Be it in your career life or personal life, never let education be place as your priorities. Instead, let the characteristic will of that person be your priorities. Solve problems with simple ways and take it from there. Nothing is simple in life but nothing is complex in life too. Its how you chose to make out of it. You guys wanna listen to this SPM leaver tell you this or not, its up to you, but where I am today with my friends and career and networks is nothing to do with my education level but my abilities to talk, to emphantized, to listen, to be objective and last but not the least, to believe in myself that I can be successful if I use my brains with logic!"

Finally, my brother and sister has came to their senses and started to use more common-sense and do more read-ups on general stuffs. I am happy to say, they are now, what I consider normal-educated people.

So, my point is... Education is not important, Its what that person is made of is the most important thing of all. You can be a degree holder but that doesn't mean you are smarter than the SPM leaver. Education is not everything but character and will-power is! :)

Yours truly,

Aikzhou a.k.a IcEy a.k.a IcEMoCHa

Well...I'm a degree holder and my boyfriend of 9 years only has SPM. Am I bothered?

Not in the slightest! I know he's very articulate, intelligent and smart.Heck!He knows A LOT MORE than I do about this country and its history and its politics and so on and so forth!

Does he regret screwing up?Yes.Definitely. But due to financial constraints and having to deal with getting involved in a "bad" crowd (back in school days)...

But look at where he is right now...in the oil & gas industry..although he's not "there" yet..but he's getting close.

And he does plan to get a degree once he's financially stable...

I have met a lot of people who do not have any education background whatsoever and yet..they're the brightest and most interesting people than those who are Phd/Master holders!

We can question people's education level. I am an SPM leaver. I took my classes part-time and now have gotten myself a degree. But I do not view myself above those who are lower education level than me. Be it man or lady, your education or your degrees, masters and PHD's are nothing if you don't use your brain to think and use common-sense plus general knowledge.

I have friends who lines from PMR to Master's. But do you know what I find the most funny thing is? PMR till SPM level people are more hardworking and less snobbish when they have become successful. I notice, those in the business start-ups don't really have a degree. All they had with them is a god-given brain and common-sense. They show highly intelectual abilities and can solve complex matters with simple general-rule of the thumb style. I love these guys and ladies, they are the ones i truly respect. Why? Because they did not let their education stop them from being successful.

This is what I always tell my younger brother and sister --- "One of you is an Aeronautical Engineer and the other is a double degree holder in finance and accounting, both graduated from the United States of America, but let me remind both of you, never forget your place and don't always use the most complex ways to answer a simple question. Doesn't mean you are highly educated, gives you the darn right to look down on people. Be it in your career life or personal life, never let education be place as your priorities. Instead, let the characteristic will of that person be your priorities. Solve problems with simple ways and take it from there. Nothing is simple in life but nothing is complex in life too. Its how you chose to make out of it. You guys wanna listen to this SPM leaver tell you this or not, its up to you, but where I am today with my friends and career and networks is nothing to do with my education level but my abilities to talk, to emphantized, to listen, to be objective and last but not the least, to believe in myself that I can be successful if I use my brains with logic!"

Finally, my brother and sister has came to their senses and started to use more common-sense and do more read-ups on general stuffs. I am happy to say, they are now, what I consider normal-educated people.

So, my point is... Education is not important, Its what that person is made of is the most important thing of all. You can be a degree holder but that doesn't mean you are smarter than the SPM leaver. Education is not everything but character and will-power is! :)

Yours truly,

Aikzhou a.k.a IcEy a.k.a IcEMoCHa

Well, I agree 90% of what you reply. But if you say Education is not important, that 1 i cannot agree. Maybe to you education is not much impact in your life, from what I see, people who will own this type of thinking mostly are sales line people. To them, education is not really important because the cert will never increase their sales.

Today, we talked about education which is involve all types of professional field. From sales line till manufacturing line. From a doctor till an engineer. Everything thats involve knowledge they need education to make themself a better professional. But if you are saying in a love relationship, then education make not much of impact. Cause in the end of the days, money which will makes the relationship goes smoother not the cert.

for me i don't mind.. now the degree holder people can't even get a high pay job like those who study until spm only.. i my self is a degree holder and my bf is spm level only and he is earning more than me..very much!!!!! just a word here... Having a degree cert doesn't mean that your career will be secured or you will get high pay... Is up to your ability how u find the work and also how smart are you....

for me i don't mind.. now the degree holder people can't even get a high pay job like those who study until spm only.. i my self is a degree holder and my bf is spm level only and he is earning more than me..very much!!!!! just a word here... Having a degree cert doesn't mean that your career will be secured or you will get high pay... Is up to your ability how u find the work and also how smart are you....

BINGO!

EXACTLY!!! Having a degree nowadays is like having SPM / STPM in those earlier days! But alot of degree holders think so highly of themselves that they think they deserve RM2500 MINIMUM basic salary. *KNOCK KNOCK* .. Your degree is worthless unless it comes with backing of experience! I once interviewed a degree holder for a junior executive post. Wah lau eh... she think she is sooo bright and intelligent (well, she got full honors lor) and when we came to the question, how much are you expecting? She say not less than RM2800 and its non-negotiable because I have full honors in my field of studies!! Hahaha.. I laugh straight out at her face and I told her not to bother about a reply from me cuz I won't hired her for two reasons and two reasons only ... 1) She's too arrogant and 2) No experience and yet got face to demand so high basic!

To be really honest, degrees are only a piece of wipe-my-ass paper. You wanna get high pay ? Show me your experiences and show me how you solve problems, then I'll consider how much you are worth! :lol1: ... I interview many candidates before and all are much more 'educated' then me.. but please la... they don't realized that some of us got here through sweat and blood and hands down dirty. Sigh... graduates nowadays.. HAH!

TO LIL'BOY,

Education is important if you plan to be a professional like engineers or doctors or lawyers.. but if you wanna be a business man who is not into professional line like trading companies or marketing companies, you gotta have creativity plus the business acumen / instinct .. that's what I believe. Oh yeah, I've started from Operations to Sales to Operations ... haha... so what you say is partially true, I was involve in sales and degrees don't bring much sales in !! hahaha.... Anywayz, when I mention education is not important .. i was referring to relationship terms. I would chose the likely answer is LOTS OF MONEY = HAPPY RELATIONSHIP! hahaha :P

Yours truly,

Aikzhou

At early 20’s, fresh graduate pay may be lower than a guy with spm qualification, who has been working for a few years. However, after 30 years old, unless the guy with spm qualification is self-employed, the income gap between a graduate and spm is widening. Very often, non graduate is limited to sales department and smaller companies.

EXACTLY!!! Having a degree nowadays is like having SPM / STPM in those earlier days! But alot of degree holders think so highly of themselves that they think they deserve RM2500 MINIMUM basic salary. *KNOCK KNOCK* .. Your degree is worthless unless it comes with backing of experience! I once interviewed a degree holder for a junior executive post. Wah lau eh... she think she is sooo bright and intelligent (well, she got full honors lor) and when we came to the question, how much are you expecting? She say not less than RM2800 and its non-negotiable because I have full honors in my field of studies!! Hahaha.. I laugh straight out at her face and I told her not to bother about a reply from me cuz I won't hired her for two reasons and two reasons only ... 1) She's too arrogant and 2) No experience and yet got face to demand so high basic!

To be really honest, degrees are only a piece of wipe-my-ass paper. You wanna get high pay ? Show me your experiences and show me how you solve problems, then I'll consider how much you are worth! :lol1: ... I interview many candidates before and all are much more 'educated' then me.. but please la... they don't realized that some of us got here through sweat and blood and hands down dirty. Sigh... graduates nowadays.. HAH!

TO LIL'BOY,

Education is important if you plan to be a professional like engineers or doctors or lawyers.. but if you wanna be a business man who is not into professional line like trading companies or marketing companies, you gotta have creativity plus the business acumen / instinct .. that's what I believe. Oh yeah, I've started from Operations to Sales to Operations ... haha... so what you say is partially true, I was involve in sales and degrees don't bring much sales in !! hahaha.... Anywayz, when I mention education is not important .. i was referring to relationship terms. I would chose the likely answer is LOTS OF MONEY = HAPPY RELATIONSHIP! hahaha :P

Yours truly,

Aikzhou

You know what dude, u got the "sales" face. :lol:

And for the babes..

2. Do u mind if ur bf is lower educated than u? lets say u r a uni student and he is only spm leavers.

I'm not. lol I decided a long time ago I didn't want a bimbo. One of the criteria I set for prospective girlfriends was that she must have a PhD if possible, and able to beat me at chess, preferably. lol As the result, I've dated engineers, lawyers and so on. Fun life. :D