Sign in to follow this  
lordy

Dec 08 Pre Xmas Mamak Gathering

Until what time, ya? I'd love to come, but have xmas party. Can I come after that? Maybe 9.30pm?

not a prob. I don't think we'll leave that early.

wow... sounds interesting ??? wat is the activities there ??? chit chat ??? is all members allowed to join ???

hey jeehau, all MYB members are invited of course! we won't want to leave anyone out.

I feel like I wanna go but it's been a long time since I even logged on to MYB and I don't know anyone haha

Well, most will be newer forum members and its a first for many of us. So dont be shy :P No need be shy. If ur shy, u can come dressed as santa (nobody will recognise u). Do remember the pressies =p

put me in the pending list too...thx!

i put confirm can? =p Cos if u ffk.... i will.... u... =p

Until what time, ya? I'd love to come, but have xmas party. Can I come after that? Maybe 9.30pm?

No worries. Just keep my number handy so that u can call and find us. We will there be there early as usually mamak gatherings will be long sessions

wow... sounds interesting ??? wat is the activities there ??? chit chat ??? is all members allowed to join ???

Yes all member can join and welcome to join :) This is just starters for more activities to come next year. In the past, we have movie outings, food and restaurant, clubbing, festive season and birthday outings. So we look forward to bringing this back.

So more things will come next year :)

hey dont worry, most of us are new. We will have some older MYB members to start the conversation and make sure everyone feels welcome and not neglected :)

Our very first gathering in 2006/2007 was the same. Most are shy and hesitant. But after a few mins, everyone warmed up to each other and thats when the laugther come:)

Edited by lordy

no gift exchange, but i am certainly waiting for santa to come :lol: See who come last and after 9pm :lol:

Edited by lordy

i put confirm can? =p Cos if u ffk.... i will.... u... =p

wow, seriously? erm erm im shy le...pls be gentle k :P

Hahaha... lordy, why not you be the santa this year la! hahaha... anywayz, I've spoken to kaka on the phone and we shall be attending together if I'm going. So, now.. i'll need to get back to work and hopefully I can get off early without problems today.

Truly,

Aikzhou a.k.a IcEy

.... we shall be attending together .....

Truly,

Aikzhou a.k.a IcEy

wow....

okok hehe sure sure, hope to c u tonite... :lol:

hey scott. Well there is a first time for everyone :lol: The good thing is its a mamak style gathering, hence very informal. If you attended functions and social dinners, the atmosphere will be more relaxed than that. Just come and be yourself :)

great! Btw, if its raining, we will be seating inside

Asia Cafe is opposite inti college in subang

Edited by lordy

hehe well, i just came back from the gathering and would like to thank everyone who came. Especially the new members who joined us the first time. This time we had quite a diverse group and its certainly fun sharing experiences with each other.

This time we got a bean counter, a tai kar cheh, an engineer student... a lecturer (*gasP* trust me, u wont believe me if u see this lecturer), and the old members.

The attendees are:

1. Myself

2. Imolog

3. Evie & Bro

4.James / Elru

5. Jesse / JLX

6. Aizkhou / Icey

7. Kaka

8. Melsism

9. Emilia

10. Sofea & hubby

We managed to snap two pics, and will be posting it up soon :)

So just to list down also possible outings in 2009:

1. January - CNY dinner or Open house

2. February - Movie outing

3. March - Penang Outing

4. April - Steamboat outing

I had a great time at the outing. Hope we can meet up more in the future.

Thanks to lordy for all his entertaining stories haha!