Sign in to follow this  
s3rriiiNu

Proper steps of applying facial product

Daytime: Cleansing-->Toning-->Essence(if u have)-->Moisturizing-->Sunblock

Night time: Cleansing-->Toning-->Essence-->Night cream(moisturizing)

These are the basic steps, sunblock is always the last to apply in ur skincare steps

I thought we are supposed to use serum before moisturizer?

Yup, serum before moisturizer. Joelle has listed the correct and complete steps for basic day & evening (night) skincare regimes.

really complicated... Is toning very important? why?

i've read from two books which one was written by a dermatologist and the other a beauty editor. they said that toning is not necessary. if u're comfortable with not using toner then its fine. but since malaysia weather is so hot, using toner pretty much cools the skin. most skincare advertises that toning "preps" the skin to allow better absorption of moisturizer or cleanses the residue of cleanser. either way, its not necessary but depends on individual.

1. Cleanser

2. Toner

3. Moisturizer

4. Acne Cream/Gel

5. Sunblock

Scrub and mask once or twice a week.

am i doing it right?

Yup toner helps to open and deeply cleanse your pores as well as tighten them.

Toner is not a must if you have dry skin but you must moisturize your skin after cleansing.

According to my dermalogica beautician

If you have dry skin and do not moisturize, your skin may turn oily because it secretes oil to combat dehydration

Toner due help to prepare your skin for moisturizing and if you notice after cleansing, you will still have some dirt when you tone.

shows that toner further helps to clean what your cleanser cant

Oh ok... thanks so much. But I really dun like to use moisturize as it's really oily!!! I stop using moisturize for few years... of course my face still remain oily :(

Oh ok... thanks so much. But I really dun like to use moisturize as it's really oily!!! I stop using moisturize for few years... of course my face still remain oily :(

There are tonnes of oil-free moisturizers out there. Maybe u shud start investing in a good oil-free moisturizer and start applying as well. At this age and time, the weather changes too drastically and aging sets on pretty quickly. Moisturizing and sunblock actually help to "slow down" the aging process of the skin due to the preventive capabilities of the ingredients.

Like jc_lynn has correctly put it, toner may not be necessary for some individuals but do note that toning "cleanses" further into the pores where cleanser couldn't/ Especially is a hot and humid country like Malaysia, we have pollution and dirt almost everywhere. Toning will help wipe off excess dirt off the skin (note that your cotton will turn black when u use toner) and also prepare skin for further moisturizing. Toner is more like a "skin softener" and makes it easier for the moisturizer to glide all over face. Hence, to me, toners are important regardless of what people may say because as far as I am concerned, based on my personal experience, using toner has contributed generously to the improvement of my skin on a day to day basis! ;)

the reason of that ur skin still maintain oily is because ur skin is really dry.. the skin will protect it self to prevent too dry.. so will automatic to create more oil....

beside that u should check ur skincare like cleanser , sunblock, toner....is it suitable for ur skin. is it contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate( SLS), Proplylene Glycol, Petrolatum, mineral Oil, Bentonite,...... alot alot....it ingredients may affect our skin, even hold body.... more information can click here: dailyproducts.jpg

Really so complicated and tough job. I use Dermalogical toner, they told just spray on face and dun need to wipe it off. So shd I wipe it off to make it cleaner? Is Dermalogical a good product? I use their cleanser, toner and sunblock. can anyone introduce me a good moisturizer which oil free? I really dun like the oily feeling on my faace tht's why i dun use make up like foundation, concealer....

Really so complicated and tough job. I use Dermalogical toner, they told just spray on face and dun need to wipe it off. So shd I wipe it off to make it cleaner? Is Dermalogical a good product? I use their cleanser, toner and sunblock. can anyone introduce me a good moisturizer which oil free? I really dun like the oily feeling on my faace tht's why i dun use make up like foundation, concealer....

I also used the Dermalogica spray toner when I was in my teens. But I still wiped it off nevertheless. And yes Dermalogica is a good brand but I found it too expensive too maintain.

So far I have found 2 brands of great oil free moisturizer. The best being Assata Sebo Moderator and Olay Total Effects Anti Blemish moisturizer.