Sign in to follow this  
Dina

supplement for body skin

Wuts the best supplement you ever consume for your whole body skin? is bi white and olivenol great?? any advice pls? my skin is very very dry and i tend to get mild eczema coz of the dryness. i need a supplement that can moisture skin at the same time giving antibacterial or anti inflammatory protection. and hopefully can reduce my facial oiliness as well. perfection skin...haha..so many requirement! :P any recommendation?

Try consuming Meiji Amino Collagen powder - 5000mg. I have been consuming for several months now and it really helps to beautify skin overall. Infact, I first noticed major improvements on my body. Skin becomes softer, smoother, more supple and milky. Improvements on face took me slightly longer tho but now my pores are more refined, my facial skin texture is milky and smooth. I notice that skincare products get easily absorbed too for some reason. :) Collagen is best consumed with a Vitamin C supplement to increase skin regeneration.

Another option is Alpha Lipid Colostrum powder. I have been consuming this for 1 month (together with Meiji Amino Collagen powder) every morning as my breakfast and I notice the effects are almost doubled.

Or you can try other types/brands of collagen supplement. Some of the good ones I have tried in the past are Etsu and NeoCell.

I believe skin supplements like Imedeen, Estime, GLOW, Sante and Dermareen also help to improve overall skin condition.

You may also wanna try consuming Glucosamine - although it's prescribed for people with arthritic conditions, but glucosamine actually works to "oil" the joints in arthritic people by helping the body produce more hyaluronic acid. Hence, more hyaluronic acid in the body = total hydration at cellular level.

Salmon oil 1 cap daily

vitamin A 1 cap daily

vitamin B complex 2 pills daily (for weight management)

Evening primrose oil 1 cap daily

marmite little bit daily (yeast goodness)

BKC almond milk daily

imedeen 1 pill 3 days (since I'm just 24)

currently taking meiji amino collagen, fish oil, evening primrose oil, and vitamin C.

the meiji amino collagen and vitamin C really good for me. Firm up the skin and speed up scar healing.

spirulina quite heaty for me...

Do u really think i should take collagen since im only 24? hmmm....

Do u really think i should take collagen since im only 24? hmmm....

Well I guess it isnt too early for you to start nway..since you're 24 and you're at that borderline age coz collagen starts to decrease in our bodies starting from age 25. And the fact that you have dry skin etc at such a tender young age of 24 shows that you can do with a lil bit of improvement altho you havent really reached the age where aging starts to kick-off. Coz I remember when I was 24, my skin was baby smooth, had no problems whatsoever. Only at 26 it started to go haywire. So different people, different underlying causes.

In any event, should you not wish to start consuming collagen at 24 then just consume a multivitamin and focus more on Vitamins C and B. Or like I mentioned earlier, you can try glucosamine should you wish to focus on overall hydration. If you know where to find MSM (methylsulfomethane) powder, has similar properties to those of glucosamine. Or u can try a good hair, skin & nails formula for a start. Look out for supplements with horsetail extracts (silica).

Consume lots of antioxidants (Olivenol or Seresis or grape seed and/or green tea extracts): help to promote better skin due to its free-radical fighting properties.

My condition is similar to Dina. My skin is considered as dry and so does my face. But I am going to turn 18, do you all think that I should consume thsese supplement? Currently, I am eating Zinc and Vitamin E from Biomore. Thanks.

hi, can I know where to get the Meiji amino collagen, and how much does it cost?

I've been thinking of trying the Kinohimitsu Collagen, but I find it pretty expensive for just 6 days worth, so I bought the Brand's Innershine instead, cheaper :) - but that's just basically prune juice. Anyone tried Kinohimitsu before?

Also a bit worried about the reliability of some of these brands - since it's something we consume in our bodies, I just want to be more careful, afraid it might turn out like some of those slimming supplements you know, with side effects and does permanent damage to our internal organs...

Nugget, you can get Meiji Amino Collagen at Isetan or at some japanese health food stores for RM160 or u can get it online on e-bay for max RM115 (incl postage). I get mine directly from a Japanese supplier who only charges me RM100 incl postage.

Nway, u have to read more about collagen supplements in order for you to find out exactly what it does. But one thing's for sure, collagen only does good to the body and never the adverse (although it depends on the KIND of collagen supplement you consume and how it is produced).

I have seen the Kinohimitsu Beauty Collagen drink in Guardian and it's extremely expensive for 6 bottles. I did a mental calculation with a friend just last week...a full month's supply will cost around RM450 coz it's advisable to drink 1 bottle a day, which I find completely ridiculous unless money isnt a problem. Will definitely burn a whole in one's pocket.

What I can tell you about collagen is that it is a naturally occurring substance in our body which promotes skin/cell regeneration. But after age 25, the collagen in body starts to deplete, hence the wrinkled, saggy skin as time goes by. That's when a good collagen supplement would be useful to maintain firmness and elasticity of the skin. Meiji Amino Collagen consists of 5000mg of pure fish collagen per scoop and you only need to consume once a day. One tin would last you 28 days whilst the refill pack will last you 30 days.

I saw huge difference within 2 weeks.

Edited by Teff

wooo... sounds goooood, Teff. I shall go check it out in Isetan. Which department? Supermarket? Mind giving me your Japanese supplier contact? :D

You mentioned a few others which you have tried before - Etsu and NeoCell? Are they any good? I know Etsu can get from Watsons / Guardian, but I never heard of NeoCell before....

Hmmn... I wonder if anyone got good reviews on Imedeen and Estime and all the other supplements? I prefer Estime because they claim to have sunblock... a few years ago, I took it for about 2 months only, then stopped, because it was kinda expensive too....

Now I realise that with my sagging skin and fine lines coming out, I better start taking them lor...

wooo... sounds goooood, Teff. I shall go check it out in Isetan. Which department? Supermarket? Mind giving me your Japanese supplier contact? :D

You mentioned a few others which you have tried before - Etsu and NeoCell? Are they any good? I know Etsu can get from Watsons / Guardian, but I never heard of NeoCell before....

Hmmn... I wonder if anyone got good reviews on Imedeen and Estime and all the other supplements? I prefer Estime because they claim to have sunblock... a few years ago, I took it for about 2 months only, then stopped, because it was kinda expensive too....

Now I realise that with my sagging skin and fine lines coming out, I better start taking them lor...

Hi nugget, yes it's at Isetan supermarket. I havent personally bought my stock there but my friend has :) Apparently the staff know the product very well. Btw, I have already PMed you with the Japanese supplier's website.

I consumed Etsu before and I didnt find it as awesome as I do Meiji ;) As for NeoCell, it's from US and can only be bought online too. I tried it after reading a review on a Singaporean's blog. I'd say that NeoCell's as good as Meiji.

hi i also hope to get the japanese contact if teff you dont mind :P getting older n older haha...

Already PMed you with the link ;)

Im trying the Virgin Coconut Oil supplement...after doing some research from internet.But since I dont like the liquid taste...i bought the soft gel capsul fr Halagel.....let see how the result.... :lol1:

currently taking meiji amino collagen, fish oil, evening primrose oil, and vitamin C.

the meiji amino collagen and vitamin C really good for me. Firm up the skin and speed up scar healing.

spirulina quite heaty for me...

Hi Eden, I also taking meiji collagen, epo, n vit c

I take 1 scoop per day for meiji, 1000 mg of EPO, 1000mg of Bio-ester-C (acid free)

I think bio-ester c is much better than vit c

Teff, I wan the link too!

Thanks!!

btw, I'm only 23, but I already started consuming collagen n I found that I really need it!

Maybe I grown faster therefore I'm getting old sooner gua... hehe

After 2nd tin of meiji, I found that the laugh line become alit bit lighter

n my sagging skin firmer a lit bit

So diff ppl need diff supplementary... the path to be beauty is try try try... (until pok kai)

meiji is in wut form? pill or u have to drink? does it taste nice?

meiji is in wut form? pill or u have to drink? does it taste nice?

Meiji is in powdered form. You'd have to mix it with a liquid to consume.

With just water, the taste is kinda weird. But mixed with regular or soy milk makes it taste nice. Almost vanilla-like.

It can be mixed with any fruit juice too.

hey, i recently taken cocoa collagen. It is quite cheap and work best for me.. Its simply delicious and nutritious!

It is the newest and cheapest product in town which is able to return womens youthful and helps to protect your greatness inside out.This product enriched with Marine Collagen for inner beauty not to mentioned Lobata Extract and Kacip Fatimah (Labisia Pumila) which has long been used traditionally for womens health.. it can beautify, fresh and refine skin, firm breast and buttocks, delay aging process, beautify cracked heels.. cuz it contains kacip fatimah, so it can tighten vagina and deep pleasure in husband and wife relationship, hehe..

Btw, i dun think annie90 hav to take collagen since she still young!

im taking sheep placenta with grape seed oil under cellabs, this product is from new zealand, you can find it in any pharmacies. It costs rm288 for 30 capsules. This is my 3rd bottles, it works so well on me. According to the pharmacist, sheep placenta is everything compares with other skin care supplements, although it is slightly expensive. Since im planning to take it continuously, this pharmacist give me a very very good price and it is unbelievable.

I tried amino collagen before, well, it's ok but very heaty, i need to drink lots of water or eat plums to cool down my body system. I went to caring pharmacy in midvalley, there are now having a promotion, if i'm not mistaken, every rm40 can purchase kinohimitsu collagen drink for rm5 while stock last, if anyone interested, please go grab now! I tried 2 bottles for 2 days, i still feel heaty when i had the 2nd bottle, so please drink more water. Go look for branch manager tee phaik kien, she is a pharmacist there too, she gives you a good advise on everything. She entitles to give you discount for any products you purchase except promotion items. Ask her abt the sheep placenta if you are interested, tell her you want to use it continuously, she will give you a very acceptable discount.