Sign in to follow this  
`cherish

ACCA or CIMA?

I am going to finish my Diploma in accounting soon and I have three choices to pursue in the future, either ACCA, CIMA or degree. Degree is definitely the last option that I would go for since I am aiming for the professional qualification. I ahve always wanted to do ACCA because my strength is in Financial Accounting. Basically, I like things which are more straight forward with formats, just like what Financial Accounting are. Management Accounting, as we all know, is more flexible and does not have a fixed format. basically, I hate things like that, because no matter how hard I studied, I still could not do very well. So far, Management Account is the paper which I got the worst marks and grade because it is definitely not my kind of thing. However, since I am a top student, basically, I got a B for my MA fundamental paper. i would not say that it is bad, but well, I got A for all my FA papers.

I have always wanted to do ACCA since I am in secondary school. I know this is what I can do. Of course I know ACCA has MA papers in it, but the scope is more about FA if I am not mistaken, right? Correct me if I am wrong. Wherears CIMA is more about MA. I have kind of made my decision to go for ACCA until today our college organizes a talk on CIMA and ACCA.

I still think ACCA is good, but after the talk today, I start to see CIMA in another perception. It sounds pretty good too, something that sounds really promising. However, I am really worried if I have chosen CIMA, I might not be able to graduate since MA is not something that I can do well on. Of course I don't know whether I can pass my ACCA too, but CIMA sounds harder to me.

I really need more opinions now and which one should I choose. I need to make my choice next year and until now, I still have no idea practically. Can anyone tell me the exact differences and which one is better for career prospects?

quote name='`cherish' date='Nov 14 2008, 11:12 PM' post='526834']

I am going to finish my Diploma in accounting soon and I have three choices to pursue in the future, either ACCA, CIMA or degree. Degree is definitely the last option that I would go for since I am aiming for the professional qualification. I ahve always wanted to do ACCA because my strength is in Financial Accounting. Basically, I like things which are more straight forward with formats, just like what Financial Accounting are. Management Accounting, as we all know, is more flexible and does not have a fixed format. basically, I hate things like that, because no matter how hard I studied, I still could not do very well. So far, Management Account is the paper which I got the worst marks and grade because it is definitely not my kind of thing. However, since I am a top student, basically, I got a B for my MA fundamental paper. i would not say that it is bad, but well, I got A for all my FA papers.

I have always wanted to do ACCA since I am in secondary school. I know this is what I can do. Of course I know ACCA has MA papers in it, but the scope is more about FA if I am not mistaken, right? Correct me if I am wrong. Wherears CIMA is more about MA. I have kind of made my decision to go for ACCA until today our college organizes a talk on CIMA and ACCA.

I still think ACCA is good, but after the talk today, I start to see CIMA in another perception. It sounds pretty good too, something that sounds really promising. However, I am really worried if I have chosen CIMA, I might not be able to graduate since MA is not something that I can do well on. Of course I don't know whether I can pass my ACCA too, but CIMA sounds harder to me.

I really need more opinions now and which one should I choose. I need to make my choice next year and until now, I still have no idea practically. Can anyone tell me the exact differences and which one is better for career prospects?

hi sweetie :) oh you hvnt made up your mind yet? :) take your time, both roads will lead you to the same destination.

I need to make my decision before MArch next year, the college wants us to choose it already :( Sad case. I just could not make up my mind, both choices seem great to me. It is just a matter of the focus of the subjects.

I need to make my decision before MArch next year, the college wants us to choose it already :( Sad case. I just could not make up my mind, both choices seem great to me. It is just a matter of the focus of the subjects.

Hi Cherish

Sent u my phone number. U wanna chat? Can share my experience and why I end up choosing ACCA