Sign in to follow this  
huili

Job as Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant/ Stewardess

Thought of becoming one but I'm not beautiful enough.. LoL.. Anyway, one of my friends went to SIA interview but she was rejected because she had ONE pimple visible on her face.. If I'm not mistaken, you have to be at least 160cm without heels.

The cons I guess would be the flight itself.. You're on air for 15 days in a month and sometimes I guess, if you're flying international flights, you may not be able to adapt to different time zones. Anyway, others could do it, you can too smile.gif

And I thought that you could findout what's the requirements of becoming one of the attendants on their websites?

hi ferrarihotbabe, i guess one pimple was not the reason why your friend was rejected. I believe too, they do not just want a beautiful face w/o a brain, of course if you'll stand out if you have both. Do try, cos they dont always pick pretty girls. You do not know what awaits you if you dont try. smile.gif

A little make-up can do wonders to a person, so learn how to pretty up your face, there isnt a big problem, if ... being very beautiful is a concern to you. smile.gif

I can find what requirements are, I just want to hear from those current stewardess for their opinion. I believe its not as glamorous as it seems.

Nite.

I think they will see you with and without make up, then you muct be able to swim... smile.gif

But then, if you want to be... have to be street smart ler... see wht's happening to all the air stewardess right now :s hmm actually my mom asked me to go for it... but dunno le... got pimple under my chin now... I'm only 164/5cm now.. but many of them so tall, dont talk about MAS...many of them so short

If you want, go for Emirates.. 2nd choice SIA.... MAS dont go... they provide bad training...

i went for the interview for MAS last year, but was not chose. thousands of ppl.. they were choosy.. heheh it has got 6 stages.. 1) height measurement, MAS min 157cm, 2nd) claritfication of ur documents, 3) interview, (if u pass this interview, proceed to the next) 4) height weight measurement, and also to check whether u have obvious scars or tattoo in ur hands, neck. 5) essay writing. the title i got was ----> was is ur perception towards MAS? hheheh 6) final interview. i reached the final interview but was not selected, dunno why also =p because i was quite confident.. my fren who couldnt speak fluent english at all got chosen also, and she's shorter than me =/ hehhehe anywya it was a good experience wink.gif

from what i heard if u dunnoe how to swim is dis-qualified...not sure though ...my cousin she is a ex- SIA stewardess....would say that she is tall, pretty and smart...i really admire her alot tongue.gif

err I think u need to know how to swim at least a bit la, coz ur the one who need to save people.. not the other way round

i think tat onli does matter IF u are chosen for the 3 months trainning.. i dun recall they asked me whether i know how to smiw anot.. tongue.gif

err I think u need to know how to swim at least a bit la, coz ur the one who need to save people.. not the other way round

yeah totally agree wif elle..must at least noe abit about swimming ....between i though u must go through the 3 months traning before you can be a stewardess?

yeah totally agree wif elle..must at least noe abit about swimming ....between i though u must go through the 3 months traning before you can be a stewardess?

heheh yup 3 months trainnig if u got selected.. i think they onli have the simming test during this training.. so during the interview they wont ask..

I have been to the SIA training facility in Singapore. Work there for a few times as the air quality technician (heh, I wish I'm there to be trained! tongue.gif). They have that huge pool to simulate downed aircraft in the sea, and several full size mock-ups of aircraft cabins for inflight training.

I've only known the process of selection for Air Canada:

- 3 rounds of interviews

- 1 round of language test

- 1 round of height/weight test

- Formal acceptance, training and yearly tests.

hi ferrarihotbabe, i guess one pimple was not the reason why your friend was rejected. I believe too, they do not just want a beautiful face w/o a brain, of course if you'll stand out if you have both. Do try, cos they dont always pick pretty girls. You do not know what awaits you if you dont try. smile.gif

LoL I don't know if that friend has brain or not..

And after some thoughts, I rather be a businesswoman who's flying first class than having to serve those people.. The sense of achievement is sure higher that way..

Cheers biggrin.gif

Malaysia Airlines welcomes anyone who enjoys the art of air travel to join our family. As a member of the Malaysia Airlines cabin crew, you are passionate about how you engage with others and you display a pleasant yet confident disposition. While being the master of social skills, you still maintain that human touch in all your personal encounters.

At Malaysia Airlines, we offer rewarding careers for flight stewards and stewardesses. Apart from a highly competitive salary package plus allowances, you will also be accorded travel, medical and other fringe benefits.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS

* Malaysian, aged between 18 - 30 (as at date of interview)

* Minimum academic qualification: Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with a pass in English taken in one sitting OR SPM open certificate with pass in 4 subjects including English taken in one sitting.

* Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English

* Minimum height - Female: 157cm, Male: 165cm

* Excellent health and good eyesight (not colour blind) and pleasant personality

* Experience in customer service would be an advantage

The job will be based on a five year contract. Qualified and interested candidates are welcomed to our walk-in interviews which will be conducted from time to time. The time and venue will be publicised via advertisements in selected local newspapers as well as in the Vacancies section of our website.

INTERVIEW REQUIREMENTS

You are required to bring the following:

* Your letter of application

* Original copies of academic certificates

* Identity Card and a recent passport sized photograph

* As with any formal selection process, please be suitably attired

THE SELECTION PROCESS

The procedure below will be done during the interview. We normally conduct a walk-in interview. This will be completed on the same day.

* Height measurement

* Verification of original document

* Preliminary interview – for candidates who have passed the above

* Grooming assessment

* Final interview – a more detailed assessment of the capabilities and personalities of candidates

THE TRAINING PROGRAMME

Successful candidates will undergo a training programme for approximately three months at the Malaysia Airlines Academy (MAS Academy), Kelana Jaya, Selangor. The training consists of 4 main parts.

Part 1:

Induction and familiarisation programme within the company, such as Company Rules and Regulations. Other areas of development include grooming and interpersonal skills.

Part 2:

Communication and hospitality

Part 3:

Responsibilities and duties in the cabin

Part 4:

First aid and safety procedures

As part of their assessment, trainees are also briefed and will undergo in-flight observation.

At the end of the training period, Malaysia Airlines will co-ordinate a graduation ceremony for successful trainees.

Malaysia Airlines welcomes anyone who enjoys the art of air travel to join...

are you going to join?

Yes, my pilot fren recommend me to join. But I considered a lots futher in future. Look.......as a degree holder, if you managed to get over the screening and serve under MAS........after 5 years contract, is there any company will hired you? Mainly the degree you holding is out of date without practising it.

Second, those who attached, finally will end up with sad ending.........just like my aunty.

Third, International flight is RM6k told by one of my fren, domestic is RM3k with basic salary RM1k.......

after 5 years contract, is there any company will hired you? Mainly the degree you holding is out of date without practising it.

Second, those who attached, finally will end up with sad ending.........just like my aunty.

Third, International flight is RM6k told by one of my fren, domestic is RM3k with basic salary RM1k.......

then join SIA lor. all flights are international. don't worry about your degree. do what you know is right for you. it is not true that you'll be absolutely useless to anyone else when you quit the airline service. you still learn about safety, work procedures and providing excellent dining and services to customers. also you'll have developed good communication skills.

the reason many flight attendents don't have opportunities after they leave is because they slacked since joining the airline. then when they try for some other job, they are like children. so don't spend all your time enjoying and use part of it to read and study.

whatever you read in university is fundamental. you really can't use it at work unless you did a professional course.

i m interested but i m wear glasses, n i m very blur...

n i dunno how to swim also..

No worries abt the doubt you have.......you are not pilot, so no worries abt eye sight problems, yet safety courses at airforce academy for 3 mths will be conduct after the screening interview.

Dubai's airline offeres RM10k ^^ sounds more intresting than MAS huh!

haha...no la...dun b so negative..my dad is a crew too.. wink.gif

Dubai's airline offeres RM10k ^^ sounds more intresting than MAS huh!

wah..10K thats much better than a manager in msia ! too old to join now cry.gif

No worries about ur degree.. juz do it if u feel rite n comfortable abt it.. i applied for SIA but i dunno y they duwan me??? hrm.... mayb i'm not qualified enuf.. haha.. btw, i dunno how to swim le... how ar??? so scare

No need to scare dunno how to swin........but heard some friends said, must know how to swim boh. Can take up courses mah! I want to learn diving.......after 1 year hehehe!