Sign in to follow this  
babybb

Hair being suPer DrY & DamagEd !!!

Hi babes all,

From the title above i have mention my hair is super duper dry & damaged.. Yes and it's due to coloring.. perming.. rebonding.. that i did almost every half a years. I very seldom do treatment but i do use hair conditioner & oil at home yet it couldn't fix my problem. Now i have to tide up my hair where ever i go cos it's super dry & make me look ugly & messy :tear:

Now CNY is around the corner so i planning to straighten my hair back & cut those split & damage hair that's mean cut it short. Currently my hair was perm. So i was wondering with my hair condition rite now is it ok if i go & make rebonding?? Will my hair able to stand the heat & also absorb those straightening cream?? :huh:

Nid your babes advise lolz... Thank ya... :)

Try to use the hair cream from Himalaya. I used a lot of those branded product like OSI , loreal to moisture my hair but it doesnt help. Himalaya hair cream really makes my hair look healthier. I would recommend you to try it. Moreover its cheaper compared to those professional product.

lilymint, you got a point there. Ive tried almost every of the so-called salon products, you name it - L'oreal, Keratese, Redken, etc.

They never worked for me.

I've heard of Himalaya, but never really looked into it. Mind to tell me what is it called? and the price.

Thank you.

Hey naughtybutnice,

from experience i can tell you that it's better that you don't go rebonding at this moment until your hair has recovered.

I have permed my hair before because the salon i usually goes to has a promotion, but after that i didn't like the outcome so i splurged another 250 for rebonding. After i did rebonding, my hair was fine, but a few days later it started breaking, splits ends increased tremendously :crybaby:

It took me almost 3 months before it started recovering slowly. It's best you fork out and go for some salon treatments like i did, once every month so it doesn't burn a hole in our pockets ^_^ , can't remember what the treatment is called but all i know is, is that it's not scalp treatment. (i have old woman's memory :doh: ) And do some home-brewed hair mask. Your hair should be better in no time.

Hope i am helpful!

<3 Shuen_gwen

I did a treatment once in a saloon in One-U (Micheal & Guys if i'm not mistaken) using a hair iron and some heavy treatment masque on the hair and it worked. But for a good 3 weeks, which is always the case where treatments are conerned.

The best way to get rid of damaged hair is by actually cutting off the split ends and then taking good care of it eg: using serum, doing your own hair treatment.

You can still rebond your hair, but I'm quite sure a few days after doing it, you'll see the split ends/damaged hair again. If only the roots are curly, then ask the stylist only to rebond the roots (1-2 inches of it) and leave the ends as it is, which is what I always do to minimize damage. Hope this helps!

yeah normal conditioning and shampooing is no longer enuff to save ur hair

u have to really take ur time to slowly rebuild ur hair

after cutting off the split ends

choose a haircare for damaged hair (can consult ur stylists or can buy it urself)

after washing hair, dont rub ur har abrubtly, pat dry it or wrap it in towel before blowing dry

before blowdry, pls apply haircare product which has heat-protection for ur hair

after blowing dry, if u feel that still not shiny enuff, can apply some oil or serum which provide a silky finish

fyi, usually those product for nourishing and moisturizing purpose comes in cream type, tis type of product only can help increase moisture and reconstruct hair

while most oil-type serum, r more for styling purposes esp to provide a smooth and shiny look, but in terms of moisturizing effect, it's not as good as cream type

other than these, do a hair mask 2-3 times a week, instead of once a week (not enuff for seriously damaged hair)

girls pls love ur hair, take good care of it, i seriously thk hair is our second face :)

use treatment daily, in replacement of conditioner. use hair mask twice a week and apply hair serum on the ends. even with such routine, dun expect to see fast results. it'll take weeks or months.

i guess you need to let your hair rest a while before you start to colour/perm/rebond.