Sign in to follow this  
janiefrmdablk

Rich People attitude

I noticed some rich people especially the malays, datuk and datin act so sombong and like to berlagak and like to look down on poor people. Like today I saw a couple of them scold the poor staff at hypermarket so loud although it was a silly mistake and the staff already apologized. The datin even had the nerve to scold and shout at staff mean names loudly for everybody to hear.

I mean what is their problem? So what they are rich and wear designer branded clothes and have the title "datuk" and "datin"? That doesn't give them the right to scold at other people and look down at poor people. There are other people out there who are more richer than you are.

Have you ever seen these type of people before? Sometimes I just want to give them a big slap on their face :fyou:

Well this type of behaviour isnt just confined to the "malays". Every race has all sorts of characters hence it's rather biased that u specified "the malays". I have seen chinese, malays, indians all behave in the manner u have stated. I have witnessed all sorts of upside down scolding, racism, looking down on people not just by the rich but as well as by the middle/working class. So I wouldnt say that this type of behaviour/attitude is only confined to the "rich" or to any race for that matter.

Just go to KLCC (just one of the few examples I can think of at this moment) and have a look see for yourself. Malays, chinese, indians, they all behave like arseholes when they think they're "up there". They just think that they're better than everyone else around them.

This is what happened to me at my condo's lift....

A well to do malay couple(looks like datuk and datin) wearing designer clothes with big sunglasses, carrying expensive handbag and luggage(typical rich people dressing) walks into lift with several residents. After one resident went out, nobody moved to press the close button lift. The malay couple was holding some luggage and both of my hands were holding groceries. The malay lady said loudly " biar kan aje, dia orang memang selfish". WTF!!! When they got to their floor, the lady went out first and just stood outside holding her luggage and the lift door close while the husband tried to go out. The husband even had the nerve to tell me "can't you press the open button"??!!! I told them why should I helped them when the lady called me "selfish"!!! So what you are some rich people wearing expensive clothes!!! What makes you think you have the right to tell other people to do things for you???!!! If you want people to do things for you go hire some kuli!!! :mumbling::fyou::curse::censored:

but not all rich ppl are like that...those with religion and educated would know how to treat ppl well....i have since some rich ppl(those born from poor family then after hard work they become rich)...have land and property but surprisingly they wear t-shirt and normal pant...very humble to ppl....because they know wat is life...life is short..the money they have can't be taken away after dead...i always believe that god will take away whatever we have if we don't treasure wat we have (like money,house,status) by using wat we have to help the poor or unfortunate ppl...so don't have to angry with this type of ppl..waste energy only

This is what happened to me at my condo's lift....

A well to do malay couple(looks like datuk and datin) wearing designer clothes with big sunglasses, carrying expensive handbag and luggage(typical rich people dressing) walks into lift with several residents. After one resident went out, nobody moved to press the close button lift. The malay couple was holding some luggage and both of my hands were holding groceries. The malay lady said loudly " biar kan aje, dia orang memang selfish". WTF!!! When they got to their floor, the lady went out first and just stood outside holding her luggage and the lift door close while the husband tried to go out. The husband even had the nerve to tell me "can't you press the open button"??!!! I told them why should I helped them when the lady called me "selfish"!!! So what you are some rich people wearing expensive clothes!!! What makes you think you have the right to tell other people to do things for you???!!! If you want people to do things for you go hire some kuli!!! :mumbling::fyou::curse::censored:

A clear example of people behaving in a way as if everyone else around them owes them a living....

Usually the "nouveau riche" aka the "new rich" tend to behave this way..they arent use to being rich, and once they get "there", they think that everyone else is their bloody KULI.

It's all about the attitude. Not only rich people, basically there are many people also who behave that way. They have the thinking that they are better than anyone else.

Some people may be rich materially, but they seriously are lack of manners. They are so poor morally <_<

I realised most of my rich frens are quite soft spoken , but sometimes they are very quite, especilly during makan time, even own family members also very very behave.

my work requires me to liase with all these problematic datuks and datins on and off and it sucks ... there are some who are nice, but some ... they thought they are paying a huge amount of money so treat them like the boss. Moreover, after paying that small amount, they want a lot of complimentary stuff and they way they talk to the staff is so whatever that I just feel like slapping them there and then that we don't need their damned money. They are very very fussy people, and many that I met with are just some stuck up people that do not know how to treat people right and they are just literally brainless. Enough said.

Yea..

i saw few incidents as well..

perhaps they think they are highly ranked in the society based on their wealth and prestige..

Its funny how some of these newly rich ppl forget how life was before they were rich so quickly...

I think they would rather die if one day they unluckily become bankrupt or something...

Well.. to be honest i hate rich people.. My uncle was very rich but dun hv any Datuk or Tan Sri title la but he so darn sombong i hate him so much.. He nvr respect my mum as his sister everytime call my mum "oi" "wei" oli.. well if people dont noe him still tot he had no education or no schooling b4 as a simple manners he oso dun noe..

My grandma send all her sons i mean my uncle to overseas studies but daughthers like my mum & aunty nvr had the chance although their studies is not bad.. tats y my uncle become ego & sombong lanci after he back from london after getting his wat so called master degree with not knowing a simple manners also. He got all the rich ppl attitude with all the complaining & scolding for a very small matters.. look down on poor ppl.. Nvr done anything as part of charity oso..

Every weekend come to my hse just to show off how rich he was.. where he & his stupid wife been b4.. bla..bla..bla.. our family time is being ruin by him every weekend like tis. honestly i hate him so much.. recently my mum told me he was change but in my eyes he wud nvr change until he die tats y i nvr nvr respect him as my uncle.

Don't hate them because they are rich.

I think only those 'new money' people behave like this. Being rich is something new to them so they just can't resist showing off a bit. Just like we all, if we bought a new bag, we like to flaunt it isn't it? Those with old money are really a class of their own. They have the charisma of rich people, never look down on others because they understand that everyone one is different and they are just being lucky to be born being rich. I personally know many rich datuk and datin who is of old money. They are very humble and polite people, never look down on me or others. They are God fearing people as well.

Well, not all rich and title-bearing people have that 'bad' attitude...My dad owned the 'Datuk' title, we went to this furniture shop...wanting to look for some stuff for me, and we were asking which have the cheapest price...the sale person inside that shop said 'if you can't afford here, go somewhere else lah'...my dad just ignore that fella, we left the shop with my dad mumbling 'orang tu tak habis sekolah kot'...sometimes, when me and my mom went shopping at some high brand boutique also people tend to ignore us since we are so plain looking...the society itself trying to pretend as if they have 'class'...I have went through this all the time, especially when visiting high brand shop...guess appearance do count eh...

I think not only rich people behave like that..alot of of ppl nowadays tend to see themselves from a higher class than others because they have 'taste' and they know what is 'style'..yea right,whatever... <_< Frankly, I think they are people who are insecure and constantly needing to degrade others to make themselves feel superior..just my thought..

As for me, the so-called "rich people" I hate are those rich people's SONS AND DAUGHTERS!

My dad is the poorest among all his friends, and majority of his friends are Tan Sri, Puan Sri, or at least a Datuk and Datin. They are really humble, nice, and when Chinese New Year, they give me angpao RM50! and since there are so many rich people, one CNY afternoon party, bout 1hour, pays me few hundred bucks. hehe.

But when it comes to their children, calling my dad "uncle", mom "auntie" , can see that they look down on my family. Just because my parents, my brother and I aren't wearing any branded stuffs, nor carrying any branded bags, expensive handphones. Always glare and give the very lansi/action look. They're not even rich, it's their parent's money! Thats why I hate going out with my family to my dad's friend's functions, except CNY, to collect that HUGE angpaos.

So I'm more to hating their spoilt kids, and I guess those really rude ones are not newly rich, but more like the aftermath of inheriting their parent's property/assets/money, as they're being spoilt and pampered since young, hence that rude everyone-should-do-as-I-say attitude.

My bf's parents are those "newly" rich people, as in they came from really poor family, worked hard, and recently just became rich! Lucky my bf was brought up during the days where the parents are still poor, hence, not spoilt, and infact their whole family loves helping the community. Sometimes my bf and his brother will go to those anak yatim house to teach them to study (whilst we're in Malaysia, currently at Australia), and my bf's mom quitted her job, and went to teach people with difficulties, earning a lesser pay like RM3K per month, and she donate RM2K back to the school, and RM1K to buy toys/products that are specially made for the disabled people/children.

For the father, still working hard for those money to flow in,as he need to support my bf and his twin brother overseas to study in Australia now! :>

well i agree that NOT all rich ppl has an attitude.. a few of my friends don't have that prob.. they know that they are NOT rich.. just their parents are rich..

but there are some rich ppl who are a SNOB..

last time i used to work for a 'datuk' with a 'PJK' title too.. he thinks the world is just HIM.. he hired 2 bodyguards @ drivers.. he wants them to follow him everywhere he goes.. like a dog.. send and pick up his daughters, jaga his office, buy stuff and etc.. he likes to show off his cars, his house and etc.. when i changed my car from an iswara to kia spectra, he felt somehow jealous.. he paid me rm1,450 to be an admin and receptionist (during lunch break).. somemore he has the nerve to ask me to check his stock of beers at his 'massage' parlour! and his wife.. sigh.. all she does is watch TVB dramas in the office.. always brag about the SKII she's using.. she felt jealous when my friend wears nicer clothes than her =.=

eek...reminds me of my teacher...she's a datin...very humble and sweet lady...heard that she was from a poor background...but i see she's not the type who shows off after being rich...and from what i heard from other teachers, they also said she's a very kind lady...so, not all rich ppl have bad attitudes...and also i usually ignore those sombong rich butts...and dun quite really remember or recall any rich ppl with lousy attitudes...=)

Me also don't get bothered by such thing easily..

I used to! But not anymore..

Except when people cut cues or something..then i say something. HEhe..

Not all rich people will remain rich. I believe the recent Bukit Antarabangsa incident is what we call :KARMA. Rich people who loves to berlagak, build/buy bungalows by the hill, see what happened to them? Ended up merempat at schools? !!!!!